09/Feb 1.7 - MoDaCo Custom ROM - U8230 Vanilla Style (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest giabbe1

Once again I am not able to download the files... I tried to use safari, opera (win/mac), firefox (win/mac), camino and many other browsers; I cleaned the cache and abled referred checking in every browser; I tried both when I was logged in the forum and both when I wasn't; I tried clicking on the links, I tried by right-clicking and then "save as"...

In none of the cases it worked... Can somebody please solve this problem???

Guest jonathonf
In none of the cases it worked... Can somebody please solve this problem???
It's a problem with your machine or your internet connection. You'll likely need to solve it yourself - can you download large files otherwise?

Guest brandt14

Hi,

I just did an update to 1.2 but when I look in settings->About Phone ->Model number it says MoDaCo Custom ROM U8230 Edition 1.1

Is this a bug or did my update failed?

Guest helikopter
I have no Google Maps, and its not in the Market either? Any ideas?

first post: "- Moved Google Maps to data partition (better for reclaiming space after updating via market)"

if you didn't set up an ext partiton google maps won't install for you. however, you can download it from multiple sources if you search for it in google and install yourself.

here's a link: google maps 3.1.2 apk

Guest JingleManSweep
first post: "- Moved Google Maps to data partition (better for reclaiming space after updating via market)"

if you didn't set up an ext partiton google maps won't install for you. however, you can download it from multiple sources if you search for it in google and install yourself.

here's a link: google maps 3.1.2 apk

Thanks, that worked. Cheers!

Guest giabbe1

I can download everything. These are the only things I cannot download. Fortunately there's jinglemansweep who is assisting me by mirroring everything... :-)

many thanks

Guest JingleManSweep
I can download everything. These are the only things I cannot download. Fortunately there's jinglemansweep who is assisting me by mirroring everything... :-)

many thanks

No problems mate. Happy to help.

Louis

Guest zzZZ-Arjen-ZZzz

I'm new here, but I did manage to install the new rom (1.2) by doing some good reading in this topic.

It's working great, thanks to everybody and especially Paul to make this possible!

I've got one question: I'm Dutch and my phone automaticly made Dutch (Nederlands) the default language. The only two problems I have are with Touchpal and the calender. The calender stays in French and touchpal doesn't support Dutch.

Is there any solution for these problems or do I have to wait for a new update?

Thanks!

Guest giabbe1

I applied the 1.2 MCR and now I keep on having problems when installing apps (basically it says "installation unsuccessful"). I tried to repair the ext partition and not solved the problems.

Then I went back to recovery mode, wiped everything, repartitioned the sd card (0 swap, 512 ext, rest of sd card fat), reapplied the update and still having problems.

what am I doing wrong?

Guest Nikki Locke

I followed those instructions, but I did not see "several screens along with a progress bar" or "a confirmation screen", and my pulse did not reboot.

I then installed the new recovery image, and the new ROM. Now I am stuck in an infinite reboot loop :-(

I followed those instructions, but I did not see "several screens along with a progress bar" or "a confirmation screen", and my pulse did not reboot.

I then installed the new recovery image, and the new ROM. Now I am stuck in an infinite reboot loop :-(

My guess is that the December update didn't happen at all, why it would fail I'm not sure.

It won't start with low battery, but other than that it is on a progress bar here.

I bet you haven't installed the December update correctly.

Best thing to do will be to take out your sd-card while the phone is off; then boot the phone, from there go in recovery mode and put the sd-card back with 1.1 on it and reinstall 1.1.

Then try again.

Hey guys I have a problem...

I always get an error if I try to install an app out of the market?

How do I fix this?!

Repair the ext partition.

Use the recovery image.