09/Feb 1.7 - MoDaCo Custom ROM - U8230 Vanilla Style (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest starkos

Thanx for the update Paul, but I must be the only person who doesn't notice a speed up from 1.2 lol? Incase I'm just being stupid, where is everyone else noticing the speed up the most?

Guest beshmeee

Which is the best ROM to use for speed and general stability - T-Mo or U8230?

Just curious, have used both in the past, both have advantages, wanted to canvas opinion really.

Cheers, B

Guest robot1000

Got a bit of an issue with the 'Audible touch tones' when using the dial pad . It's seems too quiet and barely audible, I've tried disabling and then re-enabling it, but to no avail.

Any ideas?

Thanks for this, just installed it. Noticed one thing so far. When you go to widgets [pressing on home screen] some of the apps names are in French but in the menu they are in English. My language in the settings is English....

Guest jonathonf
<br />Thanks for this, just installed it. Noticed one thing so far. When you go to widgets [pressing on home screen] some of the apps names are in French but in the menu they are in English. My language in the settings is English....<br />
You need to restart so the locale settings will take effect throughout.

You need to restart so the locale settings will take effect throughout.

Yeh I worked that one out 2am in the morning! However my Beautiful Widgets is in French still for the weather report, think I remember reading about that somewhere - going to have a look to see if there was a solution for it...

Upgraded yesterday, but google maps has been removed and now I get Java errors everytime I reboot :)

Have you wiped? That ought to get rid of the Java Errors.

Not sure about Google Maps, I installed it from a backup. Bbecause it's not been installed by default for a bit in the Custom ROMs.

Guest robot1000
Yeh I worked that one out 2am in the morning! However my Beautiful Widgets is in French still for the weather report, think I remember reading about that somewhere - going to have a look to see if there was a solution for it...

Click on the settings icon and then check the option for 'force english fix'

Paul, this 1.7 Vanilla update is just stunning!

So much more speed than the 1.2 version.

I did a full wipe from 1.2 vanilla, and everything works fine, very happy with it.

Became an adfree member because of it.

Thanks again.

Guest helikopter
I dont see any performance gain at all.. What can couse that? Do i need a wipe?

it may help.

question: how do i install the wavesecure add-on pack? i looked into the zip file and as i see it has the same kind of folders like a rom. does that mean that i simply have to copy the zip to the sd card and select it in recovery mode like i install a new custom rom?

Guest starkos
it may help.

question: how do i install the wavesecure add-on pack? i looked into the zip file and as i see it has the same kind of folders like a rom. does that mean that i simply have to copy the zip to the sd card and select it in recovery mode like i install a new custom rom?

Yea the same as the custom rom :)

Click on the settings icon and then check the option for 'force english fix'

Thanks that sorted it. I thought maybe it was due to installing the widget when locale was set to French so uninstalled it and reinstalled it but same issue occured, above fixed it though.

Guest wimpydragon

Not sure if I'm doing this right but each time I update to the "latest" ROM, my phone tells me I'm still on 1.1. Where your "About phone" screenshot showed the version number as 1.7, mine shows build number U8230V100R001C101B219SP02

Is this right?

Guest wimpydragon
Nope, make sure you download the correct ROM, i got the 1.2 by mistake and had the same prob. Only takes a min to fix

Tried again and it worked, thanks for your help :-)

Guest racingclub
Have you wiped? That ought to get rid of the Java Errors.

Not sure about Google Maps, I installed it from a backup. Bbecause it's not been installed by default for a bit in the Custom ROMs.

its always there for me, maybe you're doing a wipe after you install the rom? this might delete it if it is moved to the data partition

Guest demusss

What kind of wipe should I be doing to get my phone sorted??

I've currently got 1.7 installed. Google Maps aint working and I get java errors when I boot up the phone.

If I go to Quick Boot and then select wipe I get several options

Wipe data/factory reset

Wipe Dalvik-cache

+ some others

If I do a data/factory will it also wipe the apps2sd partition and also the fat32 partition?

Thanks

its always there for me, maybe you're doing a wipe after you install the rom? this might delete it if it is moved to the data partition

Yeah, that might be it, I was probably being a little too through. :/

What kind of wipe should I be doing to get my phone sorted??

I've currently got 1.7 installed. Google Maps aint working and I get java errors when I boot up the phone.

If I go to Quick Boot and then select wipe I get several options

Wipe data/factory reset

Wipe Dalvik-cache

+ some others

If I do a data/factory will it also wipe the apps2sd partition and also the fat32 partition?

Thanks

data/factory will wipe all of your data from the phone itself.

contacts, apps, email, etc...

It doesn't wipe the FAT32 partition on the SD card, none of those options do that.

When people talk about a wipe they're talking about "wipe data/factory", it's the same as the Factory Reset option in the Settings App.