[ROM] RODRIGOFD O2 LITE ROM 'ULTRA LITE'

Guest rodrigofd

Guest mercury99
RODRIGOFD O2 LITE ROM 122209 BASED FROM LAST WM 6.5 ROM

Thanks RFD. Great work, indeed!

But is this a bug - Settings, Sounds & Noti, Notifications, Event: Phone: Incoming call, when I click the play button for any of the MP3 in the dropdown, I got "This ring tone file is corrupted..."

Guest sc1998
SAMSUNG OEM APPS CAB REPOSITORY

My ROM analysis might not be 100% perfect, this means that this CABs i post here are proven to work with MY custom ROM, but i don't guarantee they work in others customs roms (e.g. Khuanchai, etc) ... use at your own risk !!

THIS IS MY WORK. DO NOT MIRROR OR POST ON OTHER PLACES PLEASE!

IL5 version OEM Apps

Samsung Phone Canvas IL5

Samsung XT9 + Keyboard IL5

Samsung TecAce Photo Album IL5

Dear rodrigofd, Thanks all the best but cannot load cabs.

Guest mccmjoon76

Great great Rom RFD thanks B) But one things i miss alot is Voice Notes Recorder..because of my daily work, some time i need to do recording :) so any one can help for getting the CAB ;) THANKS!

Guest selcuk666

hi rodrigo

is there a way to use T9 in this rom ?, I see that the registry settings are allready done, but when I write by resco no words suggested, any solution?

thanks

Edited by selcuk666

RODRIGOFD O2 LITE ROM 122209 BASED FROM LAST WM 6.5 ROM

-------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ ENTIRE POST CAREFULLY!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I designed an Ultra-Lite Omnia 2 I8000 custom ROM for free use.

The

First of all, acknowledgements and thanks.

---------

Weisun/Acwan @ PDAClan for his tools and tech info about unpacking & packing I8000 ROMs

Secany for his contribution

Bepe, Pako777 for his handy cooking tools

Lancez,Kstan,Wilson @ China, Tacchan23 for his translation and experimenting contribution

Wes and Khuanchai for being fellow cookers :)

Ginkage for his great OpenGL v1 wrapper

Sorg for his ROM dumping tool

A HUGE THANKS to all the friends that already donated me even before receiving anything

Very grateful to you for supporting my work!

NOTES ( PLEASE TAKE TIME TO READ)

1) I release this version ROM release 'as-is', there is NONE garantee that any, or none, of phone functions will work after flashing this ROM.

It is only the PDA part of ROM to be flashed, so no risks of bricking phone should exist. Even so, i won't be responsible for any loss of data or phone damage.

I tested it and worked fine up to where i reached, but i am not sure 100% functions work correctly

1. B) . :o it works in american I8000L, i tested myself, i own both I8000 and I8000L. But again, i don't guarantee it at all.. Try it at your own risk.

1.C) DO NOT attemp to flash this if you own a OmniaII B7610.

2) Though is only PDA part, i 'recommend' using it in conjunction with phone part IL2 (comes with IL5 official ROM)

To achieve a true 'ultra-lite' effect, i suggest checking 'ERASE CSC DATA' in OCTANS FLASHER. (i believe SORG's version Octans Mini doesn't have the option).

Please keep in mind that this will also erase some 'pretty' splashes and animations: the charging-while-in-off animation, the flashing-animation, and early boot logo.

Don't worry about those ugly-messages you'll get in those situations, phone will still charge when off, and flash normally.

If you don't, some stuff won't apply correctly (e.g. wallpaper, connections)

2) WM build didn't change for now, so it is the same as stock ROM, build 5.2.21888.

3) I ripped almost ALL SAMSUNG SOFTWARE. So i'll just note what i actually left:

Samsung Camera App

Samsung FM Radio App

Samsung Touch Player

Video/Audio Codecs

The rest is gone ;)

I cooked in:

Windows Live latest version (the one from windows marketplace)... including Messenger

Removed CAB setup security check

Microsoft SDK Certs

Ginkage's Open GL v1 WRAPPER version 0.258

NET Compact Framework 3.5

HTC LEO WM 6.5 black theme with wallpaper (this can be easily replaced with the one you like)

This is the first release so expect some bugs. All bug reports are welcome, but remind 'report' is not the same as 'complain' B) .

----> DOWNLOAD NOW RODRIGOFD O2 LITE ROM v.122209 <----

NOTE: do NOT use LANGUAGE CHANGE feature of the 'Samsung Settings' applet... if you do so, you'll make a mess, probably restore your previous flashed rom, in that language, and my rom will get ripped off.. Language change is not supported in my roms, you are stuck with english language for now..

Bugs known (minor):

None yet

Hi,

GREAT WORK! Two questions:

1. Does the HTC Leo Today come with all funktions/ links two the apps avalable/possible on the omnia 2

2. I was using your Manila_1.3_I8000, which works fine but one feature I which I liked on the HTC HD with same Manil was to flip from e-mail to another by moving the finger from left to right. In addition by doiing that the mails become marked as read, so that you don't have to jump into that annoying Samsung or Microsoft message font end.

I would be great to hear that it works with the HTC Leo today screen (manila version)

Cheers

Matthias

Guest ZeroXtreme

Hi RODRIGO,

I know your concentration now is on freeing up the reserved RAM for the I8000, and sorry to even make the request, but if you find the time could you also cook up an ULTRALITE ROM based on secany's 2010 ROM or maybe one based on a 6.5.x ROM?

I have tried other ROMs but you ROMs seem to be the lightest and most stable, at least from my experience. I'm currently still using your latest ULTRALITE.

Thanks for your time and effort for making these ROMs.

Guest rodrigofd
second that!!

Maybe it's in the works on a beach coz Rodrigofd is on vacation now......... :)

Hi !

Thats right , im on vacation, but next or last week i might make some time to work on recent 2010 secany rom, which i just downloaded some days ago.

I will definetely build an ultra-lite out of this one, as i always follow this path: 1) analyse new stock rom 2) dissect it and separate each package 3) publish an ultra lite rom 4) use this ultra lite as a base for my other HD2 rom

However, each time a new stock rom comes to my hands, i have to re-do all the work, .. that is, separating each instruction, file and registry setting from each component, .. although after doing it many times (IK, IL1, IL5, etc) ... i have to be careful and watch out for changes in each new rom version...

If it's not on following january days, surely on first february week i'll post new ultra lite and HD2 roms.

Its unlikely i go for WM 6.5.x since i don't yet like them much, after heavy using... but we'll see

Guest ZeroXtreme
Hi !

Thats right , im on vacation, but next or last week i might make some time to work on recent 2010 secany rom, which i just downloaded some days ago.

I will definetely build an ultra-lite out of this one, as i always follow this path: 1) analyse new stock rom 2) dissect it and separate each package 3) publish an ultra lite rom 4) use this ultra lite as a base for my other HD2 rom

However, each time a new stock rom comes to my hands, i have to re-do all the work, .. that is, separating each instruction, file and registry setting from each component, .. although after doing it many times (IK, IL1, IL5, etc) ... i have to be careful and watch out for changes in each new rom version...

If it's not on following january days, surely on first february week i'll post new ultra lite and HD2 roms.

Its unlikely i go for WM 6.5.x since i don't yet like them much, after heavy using... but we'll see

Great news indeed... Oh, and enjoy your vacation....

Guest -Lucifer-

It seems like the rapidshare link for RODRIGOFD O2 LITE ROM v.122209 is dead :)

Does anybody know if there is another way to download this rom?

Would really like to test it.

Guest charly_mx
It seems like the rapidshare link for RODRIGOFD O2 LITE ROM v.122209 is dead :)

Does anybody know if there is another way to download this rom?

Would really like to test it.

well right now im downloading it so perhaps is a problem with your connection, Rodrigo asked no to put any mirror so... mhh i m sorry dude try again.

Great ROM and I love the memory hole fix, but it doesn't have the Samsung keyboard built into it and the MS keyboard is horrid. The link to the Samsung beyboard on the first page is broken, if that can get fixed I'll use this.

The two irritating things about this ROM are the lack of Messenger and the Total Commander, it irritates me to death. Great on the PC but on PDA it's not nice.

Edited by Nablet

Guest ZeroXtreme

I read that the new ROM posted by SECANY (JA5) released some reserve memory, so this is even more promising when RODRIGO makes the new ULTRALITE ROM based on this... :)

Guest mariothecat
well right now im downloading it so perhaps is a problem with your connection, Rodrigo asked no to put any mirror so... mhh i m sorry dude try again.

The link is definitely broken now.

Guest lucienium

Great ROM! Looking forward to one based on the latest official build (With the updated eboot that frees up 5 MB of the reserved RAM). It would be great if the following are really the only ones left:

Samsung Camera App

Samsung FM Radio App

Samsung Touch Calendar

Samsung Touch Player

Samsung XT9 Keyboard

Video/Audio Codecs

No useless widgets (MSN Money, MSN Weather, and Search), no Windows Live and Windows Marketplace... Not even Microsoft Office (I doubt we people actually use that thing because of the better alternatives available out there). Better if it's pre-modded with minor tweaks like fixing the Titanium panel for time to link to Windows Mobile's default alarm application (instead of touch clock) and panel for Text messages to link to Windows Mobile's default messaging application (just like the e-mail panel), 4 rows Honeycomb, removed CAB setup security check, Microsoft SDK Certs, NET Compact Framework 3.5, the default black theme, and the registry tweak for better memory management.

Thanks!

Edited by lucienium

Great ROM!...

I agree this is one of the best ROMs for the Omnia II. This one makes this device my favorite WinMO device of all time. My ONLY issue is that it won't auto shut off the screen. If I change the registry setting at HKLM/System/CurrentControlSet/Control/Power/ExtPowerOff=0 ... but then it shuts it off at the interval I set even when I'm plugged in to AC. I need it to stay on for syncing, etc...

YES...the other PowerMgmt settings are correct but it still doesn't work right.

Any ideas???

T

E

C

Guest rodrigofd
I agree this is one of the best ROMs for the Omnia II. This one makes this device my favorite WinMO device of all time. My ONLY issue is that it won't auto shut off the screen. If I change the registry setting at HKLM/System/CurrentControlSet/Control/Power/ExtPowerOff=0 ... but then it shuts it off at the interval I set even when I'm plugged in to AC. I need it to stay on for syncing, etc...

YES...the other PowerMgmt settings are correct but it still doesn't work right.

Any ideas???

T

E

C

Hi .. one possible workaround, is to re-flash to latest EBOOT from Secany .. Hope it works for you...

In any case, i plan to release very soon new versions for my both ROMs, using JA5...