[CUSTOM ROM][LE-O2 FUSION] HD2 in Omnia2

Guest rodrigofd

Guest monyozt
I don't mind helping but I don't have an SD card and sorg's tool is hard-coded to dump to an SD card only.

he mean micro SD bro... put the mr. srog's tool to your device, insert micro SD. then excute it.. wait about 20seconds. and you'll se the dump ROM(about 190MB). about the tools, you can find here dont forget to compress the file using winrar or 7zip

Edited by monyozt

Its a good idea... have to check which files i need and i'll ask him..

BTW. . if someone has spare time, and would like to help somehow, it'd be useful for me if you can provide me with rom dump from latest secany posted rom (IL2) ... with english language embedded...

that is, not the CUBIC37.MLI dumped rom, but with SORG's dumping utility that generates rom_dump.bin (such tool was posted by sorg in my cooking-original thread)....

i am not requesting, just that it could save me flashing, dumping and reflashing :( ... but anyways, not essential, just to see if updating packages from IL2 the thing improves....

The menu enhancement thing is driving me crazy (and i won't resign on it :@ i am very stubborn) .... it sometimes works, sometimes doesnt , kind of randomly.. (tried almost everything in web... the boot loader, 6 different menu versions, etc... ) ...

As much as I would like to help and don't like to re-flash my PDA & CSC (currently running your very own IK5-Ultra-Lite) but I can't do it till I get home which has a connection with more decent upload speed compare to my office one, I might have it uploaded (I'll do it overnight though, if everything goes well ) and link-ready by Wednesday 01.A.M. (GMT), ~ 21 hours from now! If anyone else can do it quicker, please let us know and your are definitely welcome to give a hand to this project.

:D

Edited by iWiNMo

Guest rodrigofd
he mean micro SD bro... put the mr. srog's tool to your device, insert micro SD. then excute it.. wait about 20seconds. and you'll se the dump ROM(about 190MB). about the tools, you can find here dont forget to compress the file using winrar or 7zip

Maybe you can use this ... patched sorg utility to dump to \My storage\msrom_dump.bin, instead of storage card...

dskdump_mystorage.exe

Edited by rodrigofd

Guest monyozt
Maybe you can use this ... patched sorg utility to dump to \My storage\msrom_dump.bin, instead of storage card...

thanks bro. i really want to help.. but my internet connection(upload speed) very2 dissapointed :D

Guest bluhound

OK, dump successful. This is a stock IL2 firmware.

The file size is huge, 304MB!

Uploading now, not sure how long it'll take though....

Edited by bluhound

Guest Ganhiru

Hi rodrigofd, I'll ask you to. How did you patch the dump ROM utility, I'd like to dump a Dutch rom to \Geheugenkaart\rom_dump.bin . Hex eddit? or something else.

Ok, Hexed edited the origional, into dumping it to where I want it. So I don't need a cusomised version annymore.

Edited by Ganhiru

Guest serverxeon
OK, dump successful. This is a stock IL2 firmware.

The file size is huge, 304MB!

Uploading now, not sure how long it'll take though....

hi, where did you get the IL2?

Guest bluhound
hi, where did you get the IL2?

secany's post in this forum.

EDIT:

@rodrigofd

Sorry, couldn't manage to upload the dump file. I have tried all kinds of file sharing hosts, all of them time out randomly.

Not just that, my upload speed was ok at first then it started to slow right down to 2KB/s! From there, it just stayed on and then timeout :D

Edited by bluhound

secany's post in this forum.

EDIT:

@rodrigofd

Sorry, couldn't manage to upload the dump file. I have tried all kinds of file sharing hosts, all of them time out randomly.

Not just that, my upload speed was ok at first then it started to slow right down to 2KB/s! From there, it just stayed on and then timeout ;)

So I guess, I'm due to re-flash my RDF's IK5-Lite to Secany's L2 ROM after few hours and have it uploaded, hopefully without connection hiccups, by Wednesday 1AM (GMT), till then.

@Rodrigo, I'll just use L2 PDA & CSC (English) parts only then try to dump this bad ass for you! Is that what I'm supposed to do or should I flash by using all 4 parts in L2 package in order to give you what you are looking for? :D :(

Guest imba1211

dude maybe u should consider cooking a wm 6.1 build with the HTC mod. i believe that will solve the low memory problem... although wm6.5 is nice but i believe many would prefer to have at least 50-60mb of free ram in order to multitask smoothly. cheers.~

ps: i got a touch HD with SenseUI Energy rom installed and i believe your rom on the O2 seems lot more smoother in the video, expecially at the main screen where u scroll up the clock to show the apps shortcuts. :D

Edited by imba1211

Its a good idea... have to check which files i need and i'll ask him..

BTW. . if someone has spare time, and would like to help somehow, it'd be useful for me if you can provide me with rom dump from latest secany posted rom (IL2) ... with english language embedded...

that is, not the CUBIC37.MLI dumped rom, but with SORG's dumping utility that generates rom_dump.bin (such tool was posted by sorg in my cooking-original thread)....

i am not requesting, just that it could save me flashing, dumping and reflashing :D ... but anyways, not essential, just to see if updating packages from IL2 the thing improves....

The menu enhancement thing is driving me crazy (and i won't resign on it :@ i am very stubborn) .... it sometimes works, sometimes doesnt , kind of randomly.. (tried almost everything in web... the boot loader, 6 different menu versions, etc... ) ...

Hi rodrigofd,

I have uploaded, link as below:

1. http://www.mediafire.com/?bb44tndaikd

2. http://www.mediafire.com/?gnq1tmyjojd

3. http://www.mediafire.com/?tdmyzdg4myu

Edited by KSTAN

Hi rodrigofd,

I have uploaded, link as below:

1. http://www.mediafire.com/?bb44tndaikd

haha, my flash will be finished after 7 minutes, you were faster :D

Edit:

You are finished uploading while I finished flashing, so I won't be uploading it anymore, of course. Thanks

Btw, It's seems faster and have a bit more RAM compare to IK5

Edited by iWiNMo

Guest Michal Vogl
So I guess, I'm due to re-flash my RDF's IK5-Lite to Secany's L2 ROM after few hours and have it uploaded, hopefully without connection hiccups, by Wednesday 1AM (GMT), till then.

@Rodrigo, I'll just use L2 PDA & CSC (English) parts only then try to dump this bad ass for you! Is that what I'm supposed to do or should I flash by using all 4 parts in L2 package in order to give you what you are looking for? :D :(

I'll try to do it. Now I am flashing. Then I'll upload it for Rodrigo.

Guest rodrigofd
dude maybe u should consider cooking a wm 6.1 build with the HTC mod. i believe that will solve the low memory problem... although wm6.5 is nice but i believe many would prefer to have at least 50-60mb of free ram in order to multitask smoothly. cheers.~

ps: i got a touch HD with SenseUI Energy rom installed and i believe your rom on the O2 seems lot more smoother in the video, expecially at the main screen where u scroll up the clock to show the apps shortcuts. :D

Well, good news is that from start up, but with manila loaded, i got 49 MB free ram... its not much, but i believe its enough for first beta.

let me make my point: ITS VERY LITTLE RAM... after doing 2 or 3 things.... like open album... google maps.. IE.. etc... memory runs out VERY FAST:....so far, memory and power drain/heat are big issues, of course i am considering the fact of backlight ... but as regards CPU in high setting, thats not tradeable... opengl needs it.

And as much as i don't think wm 6.5 is a perfect OS, .. i simply hate 6.1 ... i dont think you would get a 6.1 rom from me...;)

Thanks you KSTAN, downloading now... thanks to al others who wanted to do it to :(

Edited by rodrigofd

Guest acastiyo

Muchas gracias por las ROMS Rodrigo.

All the best for your work. Hope we can all get a very good set of tools, ROMs and people involved with our Omnia 2 to improve it.

Confirmation 1VP31503FE295903F

Cheers!

Guest Michael Pang
Well, good news is that from start up, but with manila loaded, i got 49 MB free ram... its not much, but i believe its enough for first beta.

let me make my point: ITS VERY LITTLE RAM... after doing 2 or 3 things.... like open album... google maps.. IE.. etc... memory runs out VERY FAST:....so far, memory and power drain/heat are big issues, of course i am considering the fact of backlight ... but as regards CPU in high setting, thats not tradeable... opengl needs it.

And as much as i don't think wm 6.5 is a perfect OS, .. i simply hate 6.1 ... i dont think you would get a 6.1 rom from me...;)

Thanks you KSTAN, downloading now... thanks to al others who wanted to do it to ;)

you mentioned it is very little ram after doing a couple of thing. actually, how little it is? 20-30M or even little?

Guest imba1211

And as much as i don't think wm 6.5 is a perfect OS, .. i simply hate 6.1 ... i dont think you would get a 6.1 rom from me... ;)

Wow sry my bad i think i missed the post where you said u got it working with about 50+ mb of ram haha~

that should be great ;) nobody likes wm6.1 expecially on a device like O2 with no internal stylus. at first i thought running senseUI on wm6.5 we cound only get 30+ mb free ram. i heard that on the HD2 battery life wasnt that good anyways~ 4.3 TFT capacitive screen uses lots more power than AMOLED resistive. 1GHZ should use more power than 800MHZ too. somemore they only have 1230mAH battery capacity. guess our O2 on high performance could still last as long as a HD2 haha (just my guessing LOL hope someone will test it one day.)

Lets hope better driver library will be available in the near future so that we cound run it on auto performance level.

Edited by imba1211

Is it possible to download beta rom from somewhere ??

If you are referring to RFD's LE-O2 FUSION ROM, it's due to be released on this Friday or any day after that!

Guest mikiemad
Coming very soon...

;)

Support my work !

Seremos pacientes, estas haciendo un gran trabajo, enhorabuena maestro ;)

Número de confirmación: 5M033366UF650651U

Edited by mikiemad

i have an o2 and a tilt2 ive tried over 10 custom roms on the t2 sense 2.1 and 2.5. IMO the sense2.1 runs better it has 90% of sense 2.5 features and uses less memory. The only differnce i see is the start and contacts pages. sense 2.5 is sluggish and locks up more. Maybe someone will make a custom rom with the sense 2.1 IMO sense 2.1 is more useable than sense2.5

Guest rodrigofd
i have an o2 and a tilt2 ive tried over 10 custom roms on the t2 sense 2.1 and 2.5. IMO the sense2.1 runs better it has 90% of sense 2.5 features and uses less memory. The only differnce i see is the start and contacts pages. sense 2.5 is sluggish and locks up more. Maybe someone will make a custom rom with the sense 2.1 IMO sense 2.1 is more useable than sense2.5

Touchflo 2.1 doesn't work with Omnia2.. at least not for now... but i managed to make 2.5 work instead..