I8000L Flashing Questions

Guest redzone321

Guest gmarcoux
I'd like to purchase an I-8000L but without a contract. Any recommendations where to find a reliable seller? I'd like to unlock it and use it on the US at&t network. That should work right?

Thanks

Gordon

I have an Unlocked Bell Mobility i8000l that I am trying to sell. i am simply waiting for the replacement stylus to arrive (the previous one broke). I am hoping to get an unlocked LG expo instead. I even have an extended battery with cover for it. PM me if you are interested and I will let you know once I am ready to sell. and it will not be for the ridiculous price of 900USD (no offence to rodrigofd, i just think 900usd is too much to pay for any phone). it would be more like $575.00 which is the suggested retail price along with the cost of having unlocked it through Bell directly to preserve the warranty. ($500 + $75) as well as the cost of shipping

Edited by gmarcoux

Guest rodrigofd
$900 USD!@?

Sorry i know its pricy, just wanted to make you the offer since i can get it at such price in my country , but more likely you'll get a better price than that.

Guest gdrijver
Sorry i know its pricy, just wanted to make you the offer since i can get it at such price in my country , but more likely you'll get a better price than that.

Appreciate the offer, but that is indeed a little much. I'll keep looking around I guess :) Just to make sure the I-8000L is a GSM phone not CDMA phone right?

Gordon

Guest redzone321
Appreciate the offer, but that is indeed a little much. I'll keep looking around I guess :) Just to make sure the I-8000L is a GSM phone not CDMA phone right?

Gordon

yes its GSM.

its 549 CAN through bell maybe you can buy it off there site?

bell.ca

Guest gdrijver
yes its GSM.

its 549 CAN through bell maybe you can buy it off there site?

bell.ca

Thanks for the advice. You can only buy it off the website with a service plan. I sent them an email to see if they will ship to the USA too. I found out that BestBuy Canada also sells the phone....but not online. In-Store only. I emailed TimTechs to see if they carry the I8000L.....they are located in Canada but their site list spec of the international version. If I didn't live in Florida I would just drive across the border and go pick one up myself ha ha.

Guest rodrigofd
Thanks for the advice. You can only buy it off the website with a service plan. I sent them an email to see if they will ship to the USA too. I found out that BestBuy Canada also sells the phone....but not online. In-Store only. I emailed TimTechs to see if they carry the I8000L.....they are located in Canada but their site list spec of the international version. If I didn't live in Florida I would just drive across the border and go pick one up myself ha ha.

Grijver, which is your max price you'd pay for I8000L ?

Guest gdrijver

Update for those of you interested. Bell will not sell you a phone without a service plan. Not even at the $549 price. Timtechs doesn't carry the I8000L, only the international version. Bestbuy Canada will only sell the phone in-store, not online....probably because they are low in stick and want to tie people to a 3 year Bell contract. UGH...this is going to be an impossible search. I'm gonna take a cruise to South America and buy a few phones or fly up to Canada when the snow has melted!!

Gordon

Guest rob3rtx

If you do buy the Bell Omnia2 make sure it is unlock i have my Omnia II from Bell running on AT&T and i had to use a Rebel SIM on it since no one on eBay and other unlocking sites could unlock it. Bell is the only who can unlock it atm.

Guest gdrijver
If you do buy the Bell Omnia2 make sure it is unlock i have my Omnia II from Bell running on AT&T and i had to use a Rebel SIM on it since no one on eBay and other unlocking sites could unlock it. Bell is the only who can unlock it atm.

Oh crap....that's a good word of advice. I just won a bid on eBay and already paid for the device, but am not sure if it is unlocked. I figured that anybody could unlock it. What is a Rebel Sim?

Gordon

Guest rob3rtx
Oh crap....that's a good word of advice. I just won a bid on eBay and already paid for the device, but am not sure if it is unlocked. I figured that anybody could unlock it. What is a Rebel Sim?

Gordon

Yeah no one can unlock them only Bell and you need to be a customer. Rebel Sim is a chip you put between the SIM card and phone, it basicly fools the phone into thinking it has a Bell SIM card.

Guest charlton81

is it ok to update to I8000XXIL5?

other question will i lose samsung touchwiz ui after flashing my phone?

kk i am going to try flashing my phone using the MoviNAND option OCTANS Downloader V2.11.

Because i can only find MST file type not NB0 file format

Edited by charlton81

Guest rodrigofd
is it ok to update to I8000XXIL5?

other question will i lose samsung touchwiz ui after flashing my phone?

kk i am going to try flashing my phone using the MoviNAND option OCTANS Downloader V2.11.

Because i can only find MST file type not NB0 file format

You'll find NB0 roms if you look for customized-cooked roms. They are all single-language, however.

Of course is 100% safe to flash the official IL5 published in this forum, either if you have a I8000 and I8000L.

You won't loose Touchwiz, it's still included in official roms, but most likely you won't find it if you use a custom rom, as it is one of the most common removed feature by cooks.