Steff195's roms! UPDATE 22.11.2011: 23153 Normal/Lite!

Guest steff195

Guest catastf

hi all, hello steff195

I have been using your rom for 3 about 3 weeks now, and ended is one of the best, closer that an original rom will have been done for Omnia. Nevertheless, i have experienced same problems everyone did with previous version, and now with your latest release. And that is with camera films. i have installed Touch Player, just to find that some films will play normally, others not. The problem is not in the player as you suggested, because the same films that will not open on the phone, can't be open on the computer. So if I make 2 films, one could be ok, it will play in the phone and could be opened in the computer, the other not.

I noticed another problem: i can't open a picture from within file explorer. It says "the file is not signed with a trusted certificate or one of its components cannot be found". can you give me an idea about how to fix this problems? I don't like experience tons of roms, as i need to do all the settings again, and your rom seems to me the best up to now.

Guest steff195

@catastf: as I suggested before, install a picture viewer, associate the picture file types, eventually restart the system, and then you'll be able to open up picture files from the explorer. There's no picture viewer installed by default and that's why you can't view pictures.

Guest chaninc

Hi Steff195, I'm trying your new 23549 m2dv2 rom. I've found one thing, the home weather does not show the city and can't be updated, it always shows partly cloudy..Could you correct this?

Guest onslaught86

I just use the default WM Pictures & Videos app. Haven't found an HTC Album version that works properly in landscape mode, and the Samsung app is too slow and memory-hungry.

I'd highly recommend installing File Explorer Extension, since then you can long-press on any file and choose which program you want to open that file type with, it's a ridiculously easy way of switching default programs.

Although, if anyone knows of a decent HTC Album version that actually stretches to fill landscape mode, I'm all ears. :)

In other news, found out how to get the regular Bluetooth icon with headset notification back - just remove the link to BTnotifier from the startup folder. Phew! Thought I'd have to go back a few ROMs. As neat an idea as the new icon is, not being able to tell when my headset was connected was nearly a dealbreaker.

Guest steff195

@crackrock: MMS option appears when you add a picture file, or ringtone... to your message. :)

@chaninc: are doin' this on purpose? You're kiddin', right? I explained that problem many times on this topic...

@krugerjq: as Sb. said it before me, Resco Picture Viewer. ;)

Guest housel

Your ROM is very nice, but the PDA is still DXIA5 which is very old version, could you please update it to DXID1 or DIXF1 in your future ROM?

Edited by housel

Guest francisac3

so far. this is the most stable 6.5 rom i've used.. im using 21893.. but one more.. there's no htc task manager on it ^^.. any chance to get a cab for it?

Guest crackrock

problem with this ROM steff195_i900_6.5.X._22010_M2Dv2

SMS problem - shows an unread SMS when there is no SMS there!

anybody have an ideia how to solve it ?

Guest jmsmartins

probably because u are using threaded sms.. u'll nedd favhack or advance config to change it to non-threaded mode

cheers

Guest rendeiro2005
22010 both versions released today! :P

hi steff195 ;)

could you (or someone) put a mirror?

s%#t i can only dwl at 12kb/seg :)

tnks

Guest septic

nice work man, the 18.03.2010 rom is fast and stable.

one issue i have : is there a way we can enable to "delivery report" of sms ?

it looks that i cannot find the option, i enable the one for mms, but i guess there should be some more settings.

any idea ?

Guest jmsmartins
hi steff195 ;)

could you (or someone) put a mirror?

s%#t i can only dwl at 12kb/seg :)

tnks

hi rendeiro!

sorry, it's not the right topic but.. weren't u releasing a rom? it would be nice to see roms from a fellow "tuga" :P

cheers

Guest lutharigno

Hey steff, nice work on the roms. i haven't tried the latest as i am like some other users and can't stand that tick sound when scrolling. Not sure if it was fixed in your latest build though. If not, i found a post here that offers a solution. FTouchSLDll. There has been some discussion of it in many of the cooking threads. If you could, please check it out. I'm sure you would have even more satisfied fans! :)

Guest newshlt

maybe it's not a SMS, check your e-mail box :)

Guest steff195

@rendeiro2005, ronaldb3, francisac3: this site works best for me when uploading my roms, I don't always have time, please understand.... but everybody should feel free to upload to other sites. :)

@septic: what? of course there's a delivery report option, it's in Messaging/Menu/Options/Messaging/Request delivery notifications. No hard feelings, but are you sure you know how to use your device? :P

@lutharigno: kinetic scrolling problems solved now (that tick sound and that overlapping scroll that didn't work in some submenus). Thanks so much, your link helped me... I didn't give so much attention to this problem before, so here's the benefit of you guys giving me some feedback... ;)

I recooked the 22010 roms just to include the fixed scrolling. Links updated with the new roms. Check first post. ;)