Steff195's roms! UPDATE 22.11.2011: 23153 Normal/Lite!

Guest steff195

Guest rendeiro2005
@rendeiro2005, ronaldb3, francisac3: this site works best for me when uploading my roms, I don't always have time, please understand.... but everybody should feel free to upload to other sites. :)

@septic: what? of course there's a delivery report option, it's in Messaging/Menu/Options/Messaging/Request delivery notifications. No hard feelings, but are you sure you know how to use your device? :P

@lutharigno: kinetic scrolling problems solved now (that tick sound and that overlapping scroll that didn't work in some submenus). Thanks so much, your link helped me... I didn't give so much attention to this problem before, so here's the benefit of you guys giving me some feedback... ;)

I recooked the 22010 roms just to include the fixed scrolling. Links updated with the new roms. Check first post. ;)

22010 Normal MEDIAFIRE LINK

Edited by rendeiro2005

Guest septic

holy crap.. i am getting older...

I was pressing Messaging for long and I was getting the option delete instead of getting into the menu..

I need vacations....

thks man....its being a long time since my last hard reset.. and I am forgetting all the hidden options ..etc...

:)

Guest steff195

@rendeiro2005: dude, thanks for the mirror! :P Btw, is this the second version that I released today? I need to know to so I can put it in the first post. I don't want to put a mirror to the initial 22010 release. ;)

@francisac3: what about that? I can both preview and play my recorded video files normally. I even tried to shoot a video and preview it in the camera menu without installing a video player and it worked fine. If you wanna launch that video from the file explorer you have to associate the video files to a certain video player that you installed. Otherwise it won't work.

@septic: no problem dude, at first I was thinking you were one of those teenie guys who buy phones just because they look nice or something. About getting old, don't worry, we all do. :P

@hassaneng2000: glad you like it... if so, push that goddamn donate button. :) Just kidding... ;)

Guest cool_recep

Can somebody please tell me why the hell I can not turn my frickin phone on after installing this ROM? That just really sucks! I can not make any calls. Why? Airplane mod is on but phone can not be enabled.

-Though the rom is very fast....

Edited by cool_recep

Guest Rebels
Can somebody please tell me why the hell I can not turn my frickin phone on after installing this ROM? That just really sucks! I can not make any calls. Why? Airplane mod is on but phone can not be enabled.

-Though the rom is very fast....

Dude, if the airplane mode is on then how do u expect the phone to be enabled?! lol! Disable airplane mode and all will work well...

Hi Steff,

I just installed your latest rom, it is working fine... (the normal one)

until now i had a taril's rom with 6.1

I need some help.

how can i customize the home menu with pictures, music, phone and so on...? i want to remove the voicemail tab

thank you

Hi i think ive been keeping mum about this particular problem .

when i on messaging mode. i cant click the old messages.

its annoying and it went to zoom mode alaways

can u imagine how frustating this is?

my gosh.

any solution to remove that zooming feature?

tks

Guest cool_recep
Dude, if the airplane mode is on then how do u expect the phone to be enabled?! lol! Disable airplane mode and all will work well...

And you think I have enough brain to install a custom ROM to my phone but don't know turning off airplane mode to turn on the phone mode....

Oh come on....I can not turn off airplane mode and I can not turn the phone on either!

I will install an untouched one damn it.

Edited by cool_recep

Guest jms2367
hi Steff - I want to know if video calling is enable in your rom, i've tried 2 rom's already and video calling is disabled.

thanks

have you enabled the phone dialer skin? use advanced data config to enable this. google it if it is not pre installed in the rom.

Guest jms2367
And you think I have enough brain to install a custom ROM to my phone but don't know turning off airplane mode to turn on the phone mode....

Oh come on....I can not turn off airplane mode and I can not turn the phone on either!

I will install an untouched one damn it.

just by any chance. have you tried hard resetting after flashing the rom? i haven't encountered the phone not turning on in steff's roms.

Guest cool_recep
just by any chance. have you tried hard resetting after flashing the rom? i haven't encountered the phone not turning on in steff's roms.

did not work. flashing untouched rom...

Update: Flashed untouched ROM but the problem still continues. Hence, the time goes back to 2008 everytime I restart the damn phone. WTF man?

Using:

USDL GrandPrix v1.6.4 VISTA

Flashing:

Loader, PDA and PDA

Phone bootloader Update and Start downloading immediately is checked. Flashed perfect...

Thanks

Edited by cool_recep

Guest steff195

@cool_recep: Maybe it's a network related problem if your phone doesn't connect to a network and stays in airplane mode. I didn't encounter this problem in any of my roms, as jms2367 said. As for the date and time, I specified a few times that it doesn't keep the date and time in the first two or three restarts, after that it works just fine... but I think you were referring to that untouched rom.

Guest cool_recep
@cool_recep: Maybe it's a network related problem if your phone doesn't connect to a network and stays in airplane mode. I didn't encounter this problem in any of my roms, as jms2367 said. As for the date and time, I specified a few times that it doesn't keep the date and time in the first two or three restarts, after that it works just fine... but I think you were referring to that untouched rom.

Yeah the time problem is related to untouched ROM. But I have no problem with the network. I click to enable phone, windows logo turns and turns about 15 seconds but nothing happens. Not even a single action on the network icon.

Guest jms2367
Yeah the time problem is related to untouched ROM. But I have no problem with the network. I click to enable phone, windows logo turns and turns about 15 seconds but nothing happens. Not even a single action on the network icon.

do you have a winxp machine? try flashing your phone part as it may be related to that. steff's roms or most of the chefs roms here do not have the phone part. try to search around the forum for the best phone part. i tried updating my phone part before but i went back to the stock DXIA2 phone part for my region. be very careful in flashing the phone part though as you have a greater risk of bricking your phone. please follow all the safety precaution. i haven't tried using grandprix but i heard that flashing the phone part specially using grand prix has a greater risk of bricking your phone. so try the phone part updates for winxp that are in the exe format already.

Guest steff195

I'm glad someone else except me confirms that the rom is playing video just fine. One might have said I was subjective when I said it played fine the video files. :P

Guest rinnix

Hi all,

since I'm almost new to cooked roms (only upgrade my B7610 from wm 6.1 to "official" wm 6.5), I'd like to know if this last one (22010 M2Dv2) will work on my Omnia Pro B7610 too.

I'm worried about the keyboard in particular, since I know that sometimes non B7610 specific roms may cause some problems to the key layout and response.

Maybe someone can give me a hint....?

THANKS!!

Edited by rinnix

Guest jms2367
Hi all,

since I'm almost new to cooked roms (only upgrade my B7610 from wm 6.1 to "official" wm 6.5), I'd like to know if this last one (22010 M2Dv2) will work on my Omnia Pro B7610 too.

I'm worried about the keyboard in particular, since I know that sometimes non B7610 specific roms may cause some problems to the key layout and response.

Maybe someone can give me a hint....?

THANKS!!

no. the roms for the i900 will not work with other devices (except i believe for the i908 and i900L). you will most likely brick your phone. please look for roms made for your device.

Guest woody2k
I'm glad someone else except me confirms that the rom is playing video just fine. One might have said I was subjective when I said it played fine the video files. :P

Sorry steff its the same problem as before. It is possible to play video files with other video players but if you record a video with the camera and then press the play button to preview it then you get an error. I think this is what the discussion is about. Any idea what is causing this? I know the video files are not asocciated with any program buy surely you should be able to review a file in the program that you have just recorded it in