Steff195's roms! UPDATE 22.11.2011: 23153 Normal/Lite!

Guest steff195

Guest steff195

@Sb.: thanks for those nice words... you kinda exxagerate (and practice psychology on me :( ), I'm not a superstar chef... I just do what I know and try to improve my skills. :P

@onslaught86: thanks for the nice words also, and... for donation. Appreciate it. :(

@Stric, chaninc & ebsbow: in which version? Could it be 23548 by chance? Someone told me about it... and I think I forgot to remove the beta reminder in that version. I usually remove the beta reminder, but when doing lots of roms and lots of modifications...

Anyway, you could do it yourself simply by deleting this key:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Device Beta]

Edited by steff195

Guest ebsbow

Yes, it's version 23548. Indeed the key is still there.

So the device is not going to spontaneously set it self to fire next month?

:P

edit;

Little thing that I must say is that the battery is going down very fast. I am talking really about 10-12 hours low usage...

Tested it with two battery's, new one and an older one, and it's the same.

There doesn't seem to be anything running in the back ground that I can detect at first glance.

Could it be the radio? Also enabled the power function..

edit_2;

I disabled the sensor(sensor_app) to save more power, this seems to be of help.

Edited by ebsbow

Guest chaninc

@Stric, chaninc & ebsbow: in which version? Could it be 23548 by chance? Someone told me about it... and I think I forgot to remove the beta reminder in that version. I usually remove the beta reminder, but when doing lots of roms and lots of modifications...

I used yr 23549 rom. I deleted the key as you suggested, but it set itself again after soft-reset. How would you remove this beta reminder completely?

Guest darychia

hi, can anyone kindly advise me what happen that after upgrading the ROM, my time zone will reset back to default after I turn off and on my phone? Please help, really appreciate...

Guest lutharigno
@lutharigno: kinetic scrolling problems solved now (that tick sound and that overlapping scroll that didn't work in some submenus). Thanks so much, your link helped me... I didn't give so much attention to this problem before, so here's the benefit of you guys giving me some feedback... B)

I recooked the 22010 roms just to include the fixed scrolling. Links updated with the new roms. Check first post. :P

@Trackerfire: I could do a dutch rom, but not for free... don't misunderstand me, but it's hard enough to cook a rom in english, not to mention in dutch, where I have to deal with new language files, make the the whole settings from scratch... and I couldn't work for free... sorry.

Anyway, I kept thinking lately if I should cook roms anymore... first of all it's time taking, it doesn't give me any satisfaction or benefit, maybe a broken phone... because I have to flash every rom to see the results, if any problem appeared I have to fix it and again to flash the rom to check if everything is fixed, and so on... don't want you guys to think I'm a donations beggar, but right since I started cooking these roms I have barely received any donations (I wanna thank those guys!)... and that wouldn't even cover my service bill if my phone dies... I'm not even covered by warranty anymore...

This idea came from Cruddasj, when I read his lines, saying exact the same thing I mentioned here... he was right and it made me think about it. :(

I'm BACK! played around with a couple roms and found a couple i liked but kept comparing them to yours. Now that my major problem is fixed, think i'm sticking here. I'm glad i could help you out. I'll send something special your way soon.

A lot of chef's are leaving the omnia kitchen for one reason or another. Without the talents of people like you, this device will truly be obsolete. I truly hope you stay around (@ least until i decide on another device :( ).

USERS OF STEFF'S ROMS!!!

there is a lot of work/risk that goes into cooking roms. We demand SOOO much from chefs, but how many of us give back? Also, remember chefs cook for the masses, not just you. if you want a certain program in the rom install it. There is plenty of room for whatever you want. How about this?? if you have asked steff to put something in his rom make a donation. If steff has fixed a problem you had make a donation. if you have used more than one of steff's roms make a donation. I think anyone that used a rom should donate but some may not have liked it at all and flashed to something else immediately. Others that follow this thread should be more than willing to open their wallets.

Guest arthurjohngeronimo
@woody2k: look man, I explained this before:

See bold writings. I tried it even with this last rom... and... it worked for me! I recorded even a longer video to see if any problem appeared, and it didn't.

worked for me also... (im using the latest normal version though) great job steff!

Guest erichvalsky
hi

i used 23544 ,i cant play video in camera.exe ,please give me this fix

There is a same problem at 22010 M2Dv2....and I can´t play any videos from the phone. There is a Unknown Error: 0xC00D00 1D in Touch player.

But this is the best ROM what I have ever had....great job Steff, well done and please keep up the great work...thank you

Guest Frapple

Hello again,

Great rom, thanks again.

1. Anyone else experience the issue where the answer call slide screen thing doesn't show, just get the white answer/ignore icons at the bottom.

2. Anyway to enable call answer/call ignore physical buttons on the call slide screen.

Guest lutharigno

Hey steff sent you a little something to say thank you for all your hard work. Hopefully you will decide to keep the kitchen open and keep dishing out roms for us to use.

Guest shushu

I used yr 23549 rom. I deleted the key as you suggested, but it set itself again after soft-reset. How would you remove this beta reminder completely?

how can i delete this file ?

Guest steff195
Hey steff sent you a little something to say thank you for all your hard work. Hopefully you will decide to keep the kitchen open and keep dishing out roms for us to use.

Thanks alot. :( Appreciate it!

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Device Beta how can i delete this file steff thnx for your ROM'S

:P You're kidding, right? With a registry editor, e.g. Resco registry.

Can i flash this rom to my omnia lite?

No, this is for i900 only.

Guest shushu
Thanks alot. ;) Appreciate it!

;) You're kidding, right? With a registry editor, e.g. Resco registry.

No, this is for i900 only.

i download your last rom now i saw with my PHM regEDIt and the devicedata is delete but

which program i need for deleting it on my other omnia ?

Guest Frapple

Anyone else experiencing freezes?

Send quite a few SMS and had 5-10 freezes after sending the message, not a big problem as it's such a good rom but just making sure you're aware ;)

Guest ronaldb3

Send quite a few SMS and had 5-10 freezes after sending the message, not a big problem as it's such a good rom but just making sure you're aware ;)

Using 22010 rom. Freezes up sometimes when using iGo8. I could easily believe that this is iGo problem and not rom, but don't know for sure.

Any thoughts on this from anyone?

Ron...

Guest arthurjohngeronimo

im having the same problem (sometimes)... there are just those days that it freezes after sending a message (the most were about 5x)

any1 knows what could be the cause or even attach a link for the fix? ;)

but moreover this rom is great.. ;)

Guest lutharigno
25014 out now, check first post. ;)

looks good.. downloading now and will flash in the morning. will report back any major problems. roms are getting better and better.

Guest Staf1988i

Stef your rom is the best ever..Only one question..How will i desable this lock?

I would like omnia's default..

Edited by Staf1988i