Steff195's roms! UPDATE 22.11.2011: 23153 Normal/Lite!

Guest steff195

Guest johnx7

Thanks for your time on Omnia Steff195, time to retire i guess and to move on to newer, faster and shinier phone :(

It's been a pleasure to see your support and other rom cookers for Omnia. Thanks See You

Guest ShanMu
Thanks for your time on Omnia Steff195, time to retire i guess and to move on to newer, faster and shinier phone :(

It's been a pleasure to see your support and other rom cookers for Omnia. Thanks See You

I've flashed and used many ROMs. Steff195's is always best! I'm downloading ur latest one and will try

Guest steff195

Thanks for your gratitude, I appreciate it, but I just want to mention that I'm not moving to another phone (yet), I'll wait until autumn for Windows Phone 7 to give it a try, and if I won't be satisfied I think I'll try an Android phone. I'll have a break from cooking for Omnia, maybe for good(I might change my mind and cook again only if something big happens to new builds and worth cooking them), but if the new WM7 is worthy, I'll be making roms on that new OS, who knows? :P

In the meantime I'll be supporting this thread and users, I'm not gone for good. :(

Edited by steff195

Guest adeyuda

Hi Steff195

Great work mate. I love the speed dan lovely interface of your rom.

But I can't found anywhere my SIM Operator konten ( eg. for mobile banking and other)

Can you tell me how to fix this.

Thx

Guest melburnian
24623, both versions, released on the first post... with rapishare mirror. Enjoy, this could be my last roms out. :(

It is a sad day indeed... You have been awesome and the ROM you produce are unbelievable ROM...

Thank you so much for all that you have done to make our Omnias the best around!! :(

Guest steff195
Hi Steff195

Great work mate. I love the speed dan lovely interface of your rom.

But I can't found anywhere my SIM Operator konten ( eg. for mobile banking and other)

Can you tell me how to fix this.

Thx

The Sim Operator menu can be found under /Windows, just search for SimTKit. I said it before, I just removed the Start Menu shortcut, not the entire app.

It is a sad day indeed... You have been awesome and the ROM you produce are unbelievable ROM...

Thank you so much for all that you have done to make our Omnias the best around!! :(

Big thanks for your kind words.

Steff, could you please upload screenshots from m2d2 version. Please. tnx.

Unfortunately, I just finished setting up my phone now, using normal version, after many flashing and testing, so that would mean to flash the Manilla version again to provide screenshots. You'll have to try it yourself. Sorry!

Edited by steff195

Hi Steff

thanks for your work

i had the 24618 for several days and generally was very good.

i had problems with replay/replay all in mails and SMSs.

is it solved with today's version?

thanks,

Guest weldeh

Hi steff, thanks for nice ROM you bring to us..

It seems not all programs created its shortcut (or not in start menu) : Showcase, Video Editor, FS_TaskMgr, Task Switcher,TClock, Contact, ...

So, I tried find all .exe files, run it one by one... Then I created shortcut for all apps not showup in start menu..

Suddenly, I'm shock when I realize All data in "My Storage" is missing.. check the properties.. oh no,its only 0,4 Mb

Is there any way to bring back All my files, specially Picture, Video ?

Thank You..

Guest steff195
Hi Steff

thanks for your work

i had the 24618 for several days and generally was very good.

i had problems with replay/replay all in mails and SMSs.

is it solved with today's version?

thanks,

If you mean they work slower than in 6.1., you're right, but they do work.

Awsome work and great rom:) :P

Thx for sharing:) I'm waiting for the next release.

You might have to wait for a while... and get nothing... I said I might not cook anymore. :(

can u tell me where's contact?

If you don't see them in your dialer, it means that you might have lost them during update, if not backed up before. If you have a backup, you might restore your contacts very easy.

Hi steff, thanks for nice ROM you bring to us..

It seems not all programs created its shortcut (or not in start menu) : Showcase, Video Editor, FS_TaskMgr, Task Switcher,TClock, Contact, ...

So, I tried find all .exe files, run it one by one... Then I created shortcut for all apps not showup in start menu..

Suddenly, I'm shock when I realize All data in "My Storage" is missing.. check the properties.. oh no,its only 0,4 Mb

Is there any way to bring back All my files, specially Picture, Video ?

Thank You..

I think you made a mistake that I did once, in my early times with Omnia. :P I think that when you tried all the .exe-s inside Windows you might have hard reseted My Storage as well. There is an exe, but I don't know which (beside hard reset.exe) that does that. If so, the only way to restore all the content is to use a program (on pc) called Get Data Back for FAT.

About the missing shortcuts, yes, I left some of them out of the Start Menu on purpose, I mean Showcase, for example, can be easily accessed by holding the Start icon... and there you have it. :( Task Switcher, the same, drag your finger from the Samsung logo upwards and there you have this also.

Guest lutharigno
24623, both versions, released on the first post... with rapishare mirror. Enjoy, this could be my last roms out. :(

Will give the new rom a try. Thanks for all the work Steff. Have always been a fan of your roms. Are you moving on to a new device? if so, which one and will you start cooking for it?

Guest steff195
Will give the new rom a try. Thanks for all the work Steff. Have always been a fan of your roms. Are you moving on to a new device? if so, which one and will you start cooking for it?

:( I said I won't cook, because of the time (and maybe because the new builds are not coming with significant changes), but... I'm not moving on yet to another device, I said it before... I'll wait for the new WP7 in autumn, and if everything it's ok, my next device will be still a Windows one and I'll do some cooking... but if I'm dissapointed by WP7 (after all the fuzz and waiting) I think I'll try some Android phone. Anyway, my Omnia will stay with me, I decided to keep it... I might put it on the Wall of Honor. :(

But you guys will still see me around... you won't escape that easy. :P

Edited by steff195

Guest TeZeu87

I am using your latest rom,(24623 Normal) but the keyboard is small I tried to put other one but nothing appears...just the standard one from your soft. Cam you give me a key that works ? tnx

Guest baldoski
:( I said I won't cook, because of the time (and maybe because the new builds are not coming with significant changes), but... I'm not moving on yet to another device, I said it before... I'll wait for the new WP7 in autumn, and if everything it's ok, my next device will be still a Windows one and I'll do some cooking... but if I'm dissapointed by WP7 (after all the fuzz and waiting) I think I'll try some Android phone. Anyway, my Omnia will stay with me, I decided to keep it... I might put it on the Wall of Honor. :(

But you guys will still see me around... you won't escape that easy. :P

Oh no... that's a bit of bad news, no more new ROMs for our omnias.

But hey, it was good while it lasted.

I personally appreciate all your good works (ROMs and tips).. see around the community.

THANKS

Guest steff195
is it possible, to get back the original WinMo icons in the last version?

Yes, but not all... only the windows ones... except the ones from the control panel, which were modified to get rid of the pixelated and bad looking Omnia icons. To change a part of the icons replace files that start with Start_Icon_... located in /Windows (if you take a look you'll se what you can change from there). You can get the original one from any build archive... I don't have them, because I erase the build files once I get what I need and place to my kitchen. And now I have only my customized set of icons.

I am using your latest rom,(24623 Normal) but the keyboard is small I tried to put other one but nothing appears...just the standard one from your soft. Cam you give me a key that works ? tnx

Any keyboard can be installed, I recommend Resco Keyboard 6.0. You won't have to set it as default afterwards, it just sets itself. :( If you wanna install other keyboard you'll have to check the Input panle under Settings and set it as default. But that doesn't always work, so I recommend using SK Tools to set it this way.

Oh no... that's a bit of bad news, no more new ROMs for our omnias.

But hey, it was good while it lasted.

I personally appreciate all your good works (ROMs and tips).. see around the community.

THANKS

Thanks also! :(

Guest dynxxxx

Hi Steff195 - good job on the newest ROM. Everything is fast and smooth. I found 1 bug - but I might need to reflash or do a hard reset to doublecheck if its a ROM problem - when you enter "camera" and try to play one of previously recorded movies - app will crash. Still - I'm very positive about your newest baby. Thanks for the hard work :(

Guest mnbob

Thank you for a well runing rom.

Installation went fast and without errors.

I can only find the samsung keyboard for input. Question: How do I get: a) letter recognition input? b) t9 input? c) the rest

of keyboard input methods known from win mobile 6.1?

Thanks.

Edited by mnbob