Steff195's roms! UPDATE 22.11.2011: 23153 Normal/Lite!

Guest steff195

I was using wm6.1 for months, until i found this forum and learnt that i could actually update my rom, i gave it a go, and updated it to your latest rom, and all i got to say is fantastic work, i appeciate all your hard work, i also donwload a rom from another forum, i had issues assligning the screen and etc, but when i gave yours a go, its was amazing, recommend your roms, i dont bother with other roms now ;)

however, since my phone was initally unlocked, from t-mobile to all networks, i didn't do my research and decided to upgrade the rom, therefore now i face a network lock, which i am trying to ressolve, :)

however, got to say one thing, which is that is a great rom, totally different experience from using wm6.1 and etc B)

Guest EL FUERTE

the calbration of this rom kinda bad,i like it but i cant handle the psx emu witht he stylus is their a way yto fix it,i gone to algin already

@ciayko: you need to install your favorite image viewer and associate picture files with it; I removed the standard one because I think nobody uses it. Especially now that Resco Photo Manager 7 is out. :)

@dreezone: I removed only the shortcut, I didn't removed the Active Sync app. Connect your phone to your pc via Active Sync and verify that it's working. ;)

If you like my work and want to support me

btndonatecclgc.gif

Guest lsherif
21887 released! Check the first page. :)

Hi Steff,

Just 2 questions :

1. Are you going to cook 23619 M2D ?

2. What is the avaialble memory for the 21887 M2D build ?

Thanks,

Guest steff195

Personally I cooked a rom to test the 23619 build, but I wasn't impressed and that's why I quit releasing it here, but if someone is interested I could cook it. :)

About the memory figures, I don't know, I forgot to screenshot them and now I don't have them on my phone anymore to screenshot them. It seemed pretty much like the other versions...

Guest lsherif
Personally I cooked a rom to test the 23619 build, but I wasn't impressed and that's why I quit releasing it here, but if someone is interested I could cook it. :)

About the memory figures, I don't know, I forgot to screenshot them and now I don't have them on my phone anymore to screenshot them. It seemed pretty much like the other versions...

Thanks for the reply, yes i am interested in 23619 M2D if it will not be a burdden for you to cook it.

Thanks again.

Thank You!! Rom v28014 very nice!!

Icon Communications Black & White for two v 28014 & 21887. unzip coppy ti windows/ folder. 

Screen012.png?t=1262084063Screen01-2.jpg?t=1262084143

For all of you guys who miss the Input menu in Settings you have to do the following:

using a registry editor go to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlPanel\Input] and delete the "Redirect" value. Soft reset and that's it. It's there again!

Q: 1. Not find file app Phone.exe in Windows/?

2. Menu Options, VideoCall,.. in Phone not work?

Icon_Communications_Black.zip

Icon_Communications_White.zip

Edited by AnhPhe

Guest edges123

hi......steff

Congrats on your great work

I am planning to upgrade to your 21887 rom but i have a few questions-

1) is this rom network locked or could could i use the same here for indian Omnia on any netwrok?

2) does this have the auto brightness adjustment or where could i get if not present?

3) does this have the finger mouse option, TV out option, USB select option when connected through USB to PC, HSDPA option, wireless manager option under settings?

4) Are the GPS drivers included?

5) Is internet sharing option included as i use this phone as a modem to surf the net on my laptop?

Please help as this will help me to upgrade for the first time.

hello, im using the latest rom as well,

has anyone got internet working using wifi?

im having a problem connecting to the internet, and i have connect to my wireless router on my omnia i900

however, when i click onto internet explorer

it displays, cannot connect, the connection has been ended, to change your connection settings, tap settings, but ive connected to my wifi

Guest lsherif

Hi Steff,

Any news on the 23619 M2D , downloaded & installed 21887, but removed it again as i got used to the the new UI with the start button on bottom :)

Appreciate your feedack.

First of all I wanna say Hi! to all of you cookies lovers :) … and let me proudly present my custom Roms for i900 Omnia!

EDIT: 28.12.2009

21887 Normal/M2Dv2:

Hi Steff / anyone

I think I’m in trouble deep.

I have flashed my Omnia i900 twice so far, thus, I thought I could do it once again with your new ROM. Last time I flashed your 28014 M2Dv2 I used a virtual XP Pro inside a Win7 environment. Everything was fine.

Minutes ago I tried to flash the new 21887 Normal/M2Dv2 but I got some errors after the initial downloading stage.

Now it looks like my Omnia i900 is not recognised anymore by the PC. Judging by the sounds, Windows senses something connecting to the USB port but after some seconds, it sounds like the device disconnects itself again.

Besides, now, when I try to start the phone, three symbols appear in a black background: A mobile phone to the left, two dots follow, then there is a yellow triangle with an exclamation sign inside, two dots again, and then, a computer to the right.

The phone does remains like that until now.

The only thing I can do is to remove the battery to turn it off.

What can I do ??

Thanks a lot for your help,

Phb.

One question!

Today i wanted to make a video call and its not working (my provider supports video calls via UMTS so it should work)!

Is tehere something missing in the ROM (i have M2D)

Tnx, regards!

Hi Steff / anyone

I think I’m in trouble deep.

I have flashed my Omnia i900 twice so far, thus, I thought I could do it once again with your new ROM. Last time I flashed your 28014 M2Dv2 I used a virtual XP Pro inside a Win7 environment. Everything was fine.

Minutes ago I tried to flash the new 21887 Normal/M2Dv2 but I got some errors after the initial downloading stage.

Now it looks like my Omnia i900 is not recognised anymore by the PC. Judging by the sounds, Windows senses something connecting to the USB port but after some seconds, it sounds like the device disconnects itself again.

Besides, now, when I try to start the phone, three symbols appear in a black background: A mobile phone to the left, two dots follow, then there is a yellow triangle with an exclamation sign inside, two dots again, and then, a computer to the right.

The phone does remains like that until now.

The only thing I can do is to remove the battery to turn it off.

What can I do ??

Thanks a lot for your help,

Phb.

hi, it had happen to me. but dont worry,

first, remove battery , and then recharge it to full.

just connect to pc and try flash it again, so u can keep it cold if it to hot.

Guest steff195

@lsherif: later today I'll cook the new 23620 - Windows CE: 5.2 Build 4562 (December 23 2009 16:43:36) AKU 5300 ;) ... and if the time allows me I might also cook 23094 - Windows CE: 5.2 Build 4132 (November 23 ?????, 2009 11:32:33) AKU 5302

@anpu: That's weird, I didn't touch that...

@Phoebo: calmly try a reflash. :)

Guest lsherif
@lsherif: later today I'll cook the new 23620 - Windows CE: 5.2 Build 4562 (December 23 2009 16:43:36) AKU 5300 ;) ... and if the time allows me I might also cook 23094 - Windows CE: 5.2 Build 4132 (November 23 ?????, 2009 11:32:33) AKU 5302

@anpu: That's weird, I didn't touch that...

@Phoebo: calmly try a reflash. :)

Good news, waiting B) thanks steff.

Thanks a lot Xhuyvn and Steff195 !!

It shall be done as you have mentioned. :)

Have a great day !!

Phb.

Guest steff195

23620 Normal/M2Dv2 released on first post! ;)

@AnhPhe: Sorry, I can't cook that Manilla theme to rom, although I would love to... that theme is great. I need a cab or the .ext files not a m2dct file.

But I don't get it, if you already have those files, why don't you install them yourself?... :)

If you all like what I'm doin' and wanna keep me motivated:

btndonatecclgc.gif

Edited by steff195

Hi Steff / Xhuyvn / everyone,

After the scary problem I had last night, and as it was suggested (Xhuyvn, seconded by Steff195), I recharged the Omnia up to 100 % and tried to flash it again. This time I used a laptop with Win XP Pro instead of the VMWare virtual XP.

The Omnia was not recognised despite of the drivers and the ActiveSync being installed on the laptop. The Phone-Attention-PC icons were still there in my “qua si-dead” phone. After two driver’s re-installations, three restarts and zero response from the laptop or phone, I decided to run the ROM just in case. Once it was running, and after a soft restart (from the tiny hole), the ROM app sensed the phone and the START button got active; that was my hope moment.

A huge relief to my soul invaded me when I saw the green bar populating the screen on my Omnia. Things are easier when you look back at them there in the past…. :)

It’s easy to keep safe and promise myself I won’t flash my Omnia again, but you know, even the calmest humans need a few drops of adrenaline running around to survive, and so far I feel like human… ;)

Thanks once more for you help.

Now, some silly questions.

Steff, you’ve just released:

23094 Normal/M2dv2 (23094 - Windows CE: 5.2 Build 4132 (November 23 ?????, 2009 11:32:33) AKU 5302)

and

23620 Normal/M2Dv2 (23620 - Windows CE: 5.2 Build 4562 (December 23 2009 16:43:36) AKU 5300)

I’ve just flashed your 21887 M2Dv2, after having last night your 28014 build M2Dv2.

How can I tell the difference between those versions ??

How should I read those numbers and names ?? 21xxx, 23xxx, 28xxx ??

Is TouchFlow part of Manila??

Is Neo another theme ??

I like the 21887 M2Dv2 because the clock is not located up on the right corner and so the “Ok” button is available right there for configuring some apps (HiCalc, for instance).

In the 28014 M2Dv2 I couldn’t get rid of the clock, not even using the tclock.exe, and thus it was hindering me from setting up some apps.

Sorry boys, too much ignorance in this one brain…. B)

Take care,

Phb.

How can I tell the difference between those versions ??

How should I read those numbers and names ?? 21xxx, 23xxx, 28xxx ??

COM1- Builds 217**:

COM2 - Builds 218**: GUI is 1st stage of finger friendly features implemented. This is the only official WM6.5 released to public. All other COM* Builds are leaked test builds (not even classified as alpha or beta). In this range, the GUI introduces softer corners to various dialogs, the new start menu (Very early builds had a honeycomb theme but although the hexagons have been removed, the icon alignments remain), and the taskbar and menubar have been slightly modified to allow for further skinning.

COM3 - Builds 230**: GUI from 23001 to 23021 looks the same as COM2. 23022+ introduced the new shorter/expanding taskbar and finger friendly text-based buttons on taller bottom menubar and ever since its been called wm6.5.1 rather than 6.5..

23047+ introduced icon-based buttons.. New checkboxes and scroll bars and recently (from 23069 i think) a magnifier in the taskbar are amongst the newer gui elements introduced in the latest builds..

At some point (im not sure when, kinetic scrolling was introduced..

It appears that COM4 elements are being introduced into this branch such as the new contact application, a slightly modified sms application, and possibly a slightly modified calender application..

COM4 - Builds 234**: Seems to have stopped at 23420. The newer contact application and possibly the modified sms and calender applications were first introduced in this branch but have since been incoorperated into latest builds of COM3

COM5 - Builds 235**: At the moment little is known of this branch. 23502 is the first build leaked that Im aware of. It seems to have been compiled at about the same time as 23060 but with superior stability, speed, memory management, Newer COM3 builds 23071 and above have been reported to be superior in terms of stability and speed. However the latest COM5 23506 compared to COM3 23088 (build date is identical) seem equally fast and stable. COM5 builds have the new Contact app and Magnifier, as in latest COM3 Builds, but lack kinetic scrolling.

Apparently, the new internet explorer has been modified as well (but Bikertibi Builds have the old internet explorer from wm6.1 because new one does not handle well on our device)

Other branches you might or might not come to see:

AKU1 - Builds 212**

SAM1 - Builds 215**

MD1 - Builds 219**

WMD - Builds 28***: The First Build leaked is 28002 (build date 17th November 2009). As of this branch Windows Mobile is at WM6.5.3. This branch is to continue from COM3 23090 and is believed to carry improvements to the New Internet Explorer Mobile as well as overall speed

Builds 216**: leaked builds that have been played with by the team over at HTC but not officially used on any handset as yet

Builds 236**: Recently came across these builds but have no further info on them.