Steff195's roms! UPDATE 22.11.2011: 23153 Normal/Lite!

Guest steff195

Guest steff195

@Knife70: that's the way it is by default, I cannot change it; the sms sending is fine. About the WM 6.5. lockscreen configuration, there are no settings included. In order to have that you have to install a program, which I can't remember right now. :D

@amel90: I can't add HTC Connection Setup because it's a little headache to cook. I decided to leave these roms in this shape.

@bunnybell: About picture sending/receiving check your operator settings, eventually contact them to get you the right settings..sim doesn't always automatically provide the right settings, especially if you are on a prepaid sim.

Regarding the keypad, I use Resco Keyboard 6.0. with a EZInput skin I made myself these past days. EZ Input is a great keyboard also, but it has its flaws, and I find resco better, with its slides and links... if you are interested I can provide my EZInput skin for RK. ;)

@all: I released the 2nd version of 29020 roms... I noticed some things needed some modifications. ;)

Guest bunnybell

@Knife70: that's the way it is by default, I cannot change it; the sms sending is fine. About the WM 6.5. lockscreen configuration, there are no settings included. In order to have that you have to install a program, which I can't remember right now. :D

@amel90: I can't add HTC Connection Setup because it's a little headache to cook. I decided to leave these roms in this shape.

@bunnybell: About picture sending/receiving check your operator settings, eventually contact them to get you the right settings..sim doesn't always automatically provide the right settings, especially if you are on a prepaid sim.

Regarding the keypad, I use Resco Keyboard 6.0. with a EZInput skin I made myself these past days. EZ Input is a great keyboard also, but it has its flaws, and I find resco better, with its slides and links... if you are interested I can provide my EZInput skin for RK. ;)

@all: I released the 2nd version of 29020 roms... I noticed some things needed some modifications. ;)

Hi Steff,

Thanks for the reply...I have contacted o2 with ref to sending/recieving pictures. Im on contract and they have sent me the set up instructions, which I have done but its still not working...I have thought about re-installing a genuine samsung rom (shall we say the latest release, because I obviously cant tell them that I have a cooked rom). But I have no idea where to get it from..I have come accross one but it used a different program to install and would not link to the I900. At present with your roms I install them with grandprix which I have never had a problem with. If you could help with that or offer some advice I would be very grateful please..

With ref the keyboard....That would be good if you could advise/help with that please....again I would very much appreciate it...

Regards,

Bunnybell

Guest steff195

@Bunnybell: Hi! I uploaded the latest official version DXIA5 you asked for HERE, modified, not by me, for people not to get the Incorrect Software Version error... everything else hasn't been touched. Uhhh, I forgot to mention that this file is for Windows XP flashing, since it comes as an .exe, in order to flash it via Windows 7, you'll have to unpack the .exe using I900 EXEcutor, in order to get files like the one provided by me: eboot, pda... I didn't have the time to do it myself, sorry.

As for the EZInput skin for Resco Keyboard 6.0., just download the app (I'm not allowed to post it in here, but I'm sure you'll find it). Install it wherever you want and then go to the installation folder and look for the Skins subfolder. Take Default.rpk file from the attachment and replace the original one found in the Skins folder. You don't have to restart the phone, just switch between the keyboards and get back to Resco... there you have it. Nice, right? :D Enjoy!

screenshot1mo.pngscreenshot2rn.png

Default.rar

Edited by steff195

Guest steff195

It's not that much, the roms contain the same recipe as the previous edition, I just added a little bit of salt, pepper and.. other flavours, for the taste to be perfect. ;)

Guest dollar99

Thanks Steff, You really care for us.

Will check it out immediately.

Thanks again for being with us (as you know omnia is almost outdated)

Guest kkalkan

icons came to me very bad. previous icons are very nice ... more Do you have a proposal for icons? or the program ... thankyou ...

Guest thunderc8

Icons on the v2 are a bit screwed i even have some icons blank with no graphic like alarms and data call manager are empty.

And Thx for the effort steff trying to keep the omnia alive.

Guest steff195

Hmmm... it seems that my kitchen played me this time :D ... will check it out and fix it. I'm sorry guys.:blink:

Edited by steff195

Guest miotto

Windows Mobile 6.5.X. custom ROMs for Samsung i900 Omnia USE THESE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

EDIT 26.07.2011: 29020 V2 Normal/Lite released!

1271317131infoboxblue.pngChanges:

- The disturbing Error Reporting folder generated in My Device after sending an sms is no longer generated;

- restored the standard WinMo welcomehead, which I told you I forgot to change in the previous version;

- changed boot/shutdown sound with a quieter and simple one;

- added GPS Extra initially left out in the previous version;

- some icons changed;

- some cleaning and other minor things... ;)

How i can flash a bin file? in past it is a exe file with rom in it. What external program i need now?

ty :D

Guest steff195

Links are updated with fixed roms, so you'll have to re-download them. Only Normal version had that problem noticed by you. The tweaks sub-folder wasn't checked in my kitchen when I cooked the rom. And I didn't verify it this time (I admit :D ), knowing that everything in my recipe is fine and tested. Thanks for notifying me, guys. ;)

I also modified the first post to give you a "brief" information about my roms.

Enjoy!

@miotto: You can still use the .exe method if you are a Windows XP user. For Windows 7 flashing you'll have to enter those files in the given GrandPrix fields. if you check the attachments of this post, you can find the Windows 7 flashing tutorial.

Edited by steff195

Guest jonjong8

Steff Sir, salute from Sarawak! shall download & have a go! Omnia's dying without the support of masters like you, Yonn, K1, Mureta, Ss142.

Guest sisoko

Salut Stefan. In primul rand vreau sa-ti multumesc pentru toata activitatea pe care ai desfasurat-o in toti acesti ani. In al doilea rand vreau sa te rog, daca se poate sa-mi zici si mie care este cea mai buna versiune de pda si de phone(eventual cele pe care le folosesti), cum le instalez, pentru ca ultima versiune am instalat-o acum 1 an si ceva si sincer am uitat si ce programe folosesti la instalare pe win 7, ca ma uit de aproape o zi pe forum si sincer ma dor ochii si nici nu am gasit ceva concret.

Multumesc anticipat !

Guest koloft

hi steff

first, thanks for this great roms. we love them.

I was using your version one rom, it was great, no problems at all. but today I switched to V2 rom and I'm having a problem with WiFi. it's not working. I used the same setting from the other rom (in which the wifi was working just fine) but no use so far. IE, Opera mini, UC Browser, Opera Mobile...none of them can connect to net.

what should I do. I really like this rom, I don't wanna change it. so think of a way plz!!

Edited by koloft

Guest remus66

Steff, I installed your new Rom version. It's quite good, thank you. Just one question: where from can I set screen lock when screen goes to sleep (I want to turn off screen and lock to start automatically)?

Guest steff195

@Mandrake333: thanks, I added the links. Btw, did you get them after I modified the links with the fixed versions of the Normal version?

@koloft: I don't know what to say, I use the Wi-Fi everyday and don't have a problem.

@remus66: there was an app to install for original lockscreen settings, which one could find under Settings/System location, but I don't remember its name, could it be SmartLock? Anyway, it is not included in my roms, because I remember I tried it at a time and found some problems. For this purpose I either use S2U2 or P.HO.N.E.X. which has this option to turn off the screen while in conversation.

Edited by steff195

Guest Mandrake333

@Mandrake333: thanks, I added the links. Btw, did you get them after I made that modified the links with the fixed versions of the Normal version?

I think so yes, I downloaded them yesterday, so they should be good right?

thanx steff for 29020 v2.. the best rom i've ever install since 2008!..

btw is it possible to change the battery icon in taskbar back to stock?(without percentage & white icon)..

thanx..