08/12 TEST 1.1 - MoDaCo Custom Kernel (MCK) for Pulse.

Guest PaulOBrien

I use MCR1.3 with this new kernel and ext3. Everything seems to work except I cannot install

programs anymore. Not from market and not from apk files on the SD-Card. Not sure if

it worked with the stock MCR1.3. I am going to revert back to original kernel and ext2.

Or is it best to wait a little while for MCR1.4?

Go to the recovery console and use the "repair ext" option :D that fixed it for me :(

Changelog

Now in update zip format

Added 32MB compcache (check compcache is running with 'cat /proc/ramzswap')

Added TUN driver

Added CramFS / NFS / CIFS support

Kernel version now visible in 'about' page

Initial Release

Thanks again Paul for the release!

How can I tell if compcache is working?

I'm got this installed all seems OK, but I'm not quite sure what I need to look for :(

*edit* LOL, doh, just read your post :D

Edited by giryan

Phew upgrading is not for the faint of heart :D

I now use MCR1.3 with Test 1.1 MCK. When my SD-CARD has a FAT32, Ext3 and Swap the card

is not seen anymore. I have just removed the swap partition and now it all works ok. So I guess

there's still something wrong with swap.

I also had to do a factory wipe in between, but I have been trying loads of different things and

now it all seems to function. Ok now reinstalling all apps.

Thanks all for making this possible on this device!

Woohoo! Got MCK running with a 32MB compcache and the difference it makes to the device is astonishing (IMHO) :D

I don't see much of a difference...running the lightning-fast u8230 rom =]

on a side note...wouldn't it be better to have swap as a file on /data rather than a partition on the SD card? should be faster as well as make the SD card last longer...I have almost 89MB free in /data...

Guest niko1986
Nope, compcache is fully set up automatically.

P

Excellent thank you :(

Slowly understanding how all this customisation works and what the terminology is :D

Guest niko1986

Had an odd problem after installing the kernel update my volume + button stopped working.

Restored my nandroid backup from before installing the kernel, then i reinstalled the kernel again and it works so most likely an installation problem on my end.

Overwise another great advance thanks Paul and everyone else working so hard on this.

Edited by niko1986

Since netfilter is giving me grief, in the interim i've updated both MCRs to include this kernel!

P

Thanks Paul I wiped my phone and reinstalled new rom with new kernal and my phone is now so quick using the compcache it like having a new phone. Also found another way to check compcache is working on the below page.

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php/Compcache

Thanks Paul I wiped my phone and reinstalled new rom with new kernal and my phone is now so quick using the compcache it like having a new phone. Also found another way to check compcache is working on the below page.

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php/Compcache

There is a memstatus app on the market that tells you about compcache status too.

just typing "free" in your terminal app also tells you mem status ;)

/slaps myself...

just read the link from rjm2k....

nm ill just crawl back into my hole

Edited by snikje

• 2 years later...