Samsung's new OS has unveiled

lol, in korean it means ocean

Bah @ Bada!

It's even worse than SymbianS60v5.

Nothing innovative here, no offence to samsung or anything but why make yet ANOTHER os?

I don't see any dev's scrambling to port their apps to this lol.

Guest NewForce
lol, in korean it means ocean

Ocean, wow... what a word to use. I'll gave my full respect for Korean or any other languages.

Samsung really know what word to choose. 1st they had OMNIA, now BADA.

By looking at the presentation slide all I can say was, what a head start for Samsung to start a new OS platform.

Chance to win a part of a 2,700,000 US dollars prize fund, think it is the most generous and much better than any other OS Platform introduction we've seem in the past.

BADA-OS look so promising and make all other OS like iPhone and Symbian look yesterday.

No wonder Samsung annual gross sale many time ahead of Apple, Nokia and 25+ time more than the lowly gross HTC.

Guest bobobird

It will be an interesting experience

One thing that Bada will supposedly do is multi-touch on resistive screens. Thus ending the endless capacitive vs resistive debate.

Edited by bobobird

Guest tekkenshu7

Of course this could run on our O2. But I doubt it will be ported on WinMo devices. It will probably be ported first to those OS-less TouchWiz phones like Jet, Pixon12, etc. Well, I am just being optimistic for Jet users (I still have my Jet with as of now, even if I am already using Omnia II)

Why would anyone want a manufacturer specific OS? I think Samsung is having delusions of grandeur if they think their customers are better off using their OS with a limited user base and limited developer support while you could be using Android or WinMo.

I guess they're trying to increase their profit margin by not having to shell out for OEM's from other companies. ;)

Guest hangman11

it looks pretty neat, but nothing new.maybe the end product would be much better, who knows.hopefully this time they can prove themselves worthy by making a lag free OS.

the prizes seems attractive to major developers too ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest dgmorland

Here is a

of the Bada user interface on the new Samsung Wave. I think they have done quite a good job but I doubt that there will be many developers creating apps for yet another OS.

Guest Krecik2002

Personally I didn't think they can success with this new system but please keep in mind that Samsung sold millions of cheap, touch screen devices lately (over 10 millions of S5230 Star model all over the World and many, many others like Corby or Jet models) with TouchWiz interface. If Bada will be such nice looking and easy to use as it appears, they can simply put it in each new phone and I bet that people, who don't even understand what mobile OS is for, will buy it anyways.

The more Bada phones will be sold, the more developers will start making applications for it, especially when non-exeprienced users will be given a chance to buy and install them easily through the Samsung App Store.

To make this dream possible, Bada has to be really simple to use, even for non-experienced users, and has to run fast and stable, so at first glance there will not be difference between "normal" phone and one running Bada. Of course these phones should be also cheap, but Samsung has proven they can make decent, low cost devices. And also theyhave huge marketing power which will be important in promoting new system.

Edited by Krecik2002

Guest dgmorland
Personally I didn't think they can success with this new system but please keep in mind that Samsung sold millions of cheap, touch screen devices lately (over 10 millions of S5230 Star model all over the World and many, many others like Corby or Jet models) with TouchWiz interface. If Bada will be such nice looking and easy to use as it appears, they can simply put it in each new phone and I bet that people, who don't even understand what mobile OS is for, will buy it anyways.

The more Bada phones will be sold, the more developers will start making applications for it, especially when non-exeprienced users will be given a chance to buy and install them easily through the Samsung App Store.

To make this dream possible, Bada has to be really simple to use, even for non-experienced users, and has to run fast and stable, so at first glance there will not be difference between "normal" phone and one running Bada. Of course these phones should be also cheap, but Samsung has proven they can make decent, low cost devices. And also theyhave huge marketing power which will be important in promoting new system.

Yes I agree. Many potential customers wont really care about the operating system as long as the out-of-the box phone does the things they want to do. I think Samsung will struggle to attract developers for the platform but I expect that most of the customers that buy this phone are not likely to be wanting lots of 3rd party apps anyway. It looks like quite a nice interface and has a good suite of standard apps for a mass market appeal handset.

Guest Krecik2002
well said, just like the iphone

Even with simple advantage over iphone if they make available out-of-the-box all useful functions that iphone needs jailbreak for.

most people dont really care digging into what they can do with their phones, but just focus on what they can have out of the box. if samsung can do it right, i think its gonna be a big hit.

• 2 months later...
Guest jebise

if it runs smooth like on the wave i'm down. It just looks like what we have on our omnia already without winmo, homscreen is just touchwiz and keypad and phonebook look very similar to what we see on the omnia. The main menu it's just the crappy mainmenu we get with the omnia that no one uses (very usefull on the bada through since no start menu). I really like the current samsung apps on winmo such as there dialer SMS very neat and clean, touch player looks stunning just sucks at playing music al beause of stupid high rez alabum art.

I really hope we can dump winmo for bada and i don't think it will be that hard to port the hardware has to be similar as we already see many of the apps on our omnia already. The main thing i noticed is the games which means it most likely has proper openGL drivers which we might be able to use on our omnia in the future. If we can get android running on our phone this should be a peace of cake.

i would dump winmo for bada any day if it means a smother phone experience aka more RAM.

Edited by jebise

Guest Rothariger

what a piece of crap... i dont want anything that has the touchwiz piece of crap!!!

but yes, the phone looks very smooth... i dont know another iphone like interface... :)