[ROM] LEO2-FUSION Beta 1/ HD2 feel in I8000

Guest rodrigofd

Guest speedfrog
I'm wondering this myself. I have the rom and i'm ready to flash, but I don't know if it's going to mess up my i8000L. My research tells me that just flashing the PDA means flashing any rom is safe, so I'm assuming this is no different. Can anyone confirm?

Thanks

yes, just flash the PDA, dont use csc,eboot or phone just PDA

Notes about i8000L

Some users reported flashing (without any problems) a I8000 PDA image to a I8000L phone (from people who reported flashing just PDA part, the "success" rate seems to be 100% so far).

Rodrigofd suspects the same applies to CSC image, but for obvious reasons (different bands) he assumes Phone part is strictly incompatible between i8000 and i8000L..

Quoting Rodrigofd: "As regards EBOOT part, it is a mistery (if possible to flash i8000 eboot to i8000L phones) but i suppose no i8000L user is willing to risk it, since its well known the risks that a failed eboot flashing carries....so, in short, for I8000L users, feel free to experiment PDA ROMs flashing, and stick AWAY from flashing Phone and EBOOT parts."

I add that a couple of users reported success in flashing all 4 parts to a i8000L, BUT it's just 1 or 2 new users at most so it may NOT BE attendible info.

Edited by speedfrog

Guest romieorock

Can someone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE turn this ROM into a CAB so I can place it

on my O2 i920.

Also do anyone know of any sights that have good Full OS Cabs for the I920.

Thank you.

Guest Matt174e

i also lost my storage after playing with it but understand that is a hardware problem with first batch O2... sent in for repair and will be collecting later.

Count me in the list too. I have the 16GB i8000L and tried everything from USB mass storage to reflashing another ROM to get the "My Storage" back with no luck.

Guest SelfCreation
I'm wondering this myself. I have the rom and i'm ready to flash, but I don't know if it's going to mess up my i8000L. My research tells me that just flashing the PDA means flashing any rom is safe, so I'm assuming this is no different. Can anyone confirm?

Thanks

I did it on m9ine , it works fine :) ( well bugy beta 1 ) but it works

Guest SelfCreation

Ok phew bugs to add , i dunno if people have been posting them but hers what i found.

- BAck lite some times get stuck im DIM mode

- Screen does not turn off after my Set 5 min ( as a matter of fact it stayed on all day and killed my battery) I tryed seting it on the HTC seting/seting/Samsung setings , still bugs.

- Weather does not work ( when i click on the bar to type in my city the weather section just tyurns off , i reset back to main menu )

- little lagy :) lol

-This might be a question more then a Bug , but how do i change my Set FAv Programes on main screen ? i can add but how do i remove?

- Location doesnt work.

- this only happened the first 3 times i BAttery pulled my phone: Start butom to open main menu doesnt work , click it an nothing happened , phone vibrates but menbu wont open.

- ONE MORE THING :) lol - My OFF bottun on my phone dint work till i battery pulled 3 times + had to do a HARD reset ( clear memory to factory default)

think thats all i can think of for now

Guest SelfCreation

hmm lol one more thing

can i send my phone in for service with this or do i need to reset to Original ROM? if i need to reset where do i find an Original PDA ROm?

Guest speedfrog
hmm lol one more thing

can i send my phone in for service with this or do i need to reset to Original ROM? if i need to reset where do i find an Original PDA ROm?

no you have to have orginal rom

Guest SelfCreation
no you have to have orginal rom

Do you know where i can get the Original ROM ? cause for some F***ED up reason i dunno if u guys had this problem yet , but i have DUST UNDER my screen?! lol WTF?!!

Guest brodieman84
Ok phew bugs to add , i dunno if people have been posting them but hers what i found.

- BAck lite some times get stuck im DIM mode

- Screen does not turn off after my Set 5 min ( as a matter of fact it stayed on all day and killed my battery) I tryed seting it on the HTC seting/seting/Samsung setings , still bugs.

- Weather does not work ( when i click on the bar to type in my city the weather section just tyurns off , i reset back to main menu )

- little lagy :) lol

-This might be a question more then a Bug , but how do i change my Set FAv Programes on main screen ? i can add but how do i remove?

- Location doesnt work.

- this only happened the first 3 times i BAttery pulled my phone: Start butom to open main menu doesnt work , click it an nothing happened , phone vibrates but menbu wont open.

- ONE MORE THING :) lol - My OFF bottun on my phone dint work till i battery pulled 3 times + had to do a HARD reset ( clear memory to factory default)

think thats all i can think of for now

- yeah i had the same bugs i do think they are posted. but what i did with the backlight was turn the lockscreen off in samsung settings and installed S2U2 and you have to manually hit the lock button. that takes care of it being stuck in dim. i still havent looked for a proper solution.

- for weather i think it uses google maps for your location and you regional settings.

- for programs you hit menu then remove quick links.

- for start menu, when the phone is in dim mode the start menu wont work. you will have to disable the lock screen.

- dont know about the off button. no problems on my end.

hopefully this helps im still new at this. i just got this phone two months ago

This UI is awesome.

Guest SelfCreation
- yeah i had the same bugs i do think they are posted. but what i did with the backlight was turn the lockscreen off in samsung settings and installed S2U2 and you have to manually hit the lock button. that takes care of it being stuck in dim. i still havent looked for a proper solution.

- for weather i think it uses google maps for your location and you regional settings.

- for programs you hit menu then remove quick links.

- for start menu, when the phone is in dim mode the start menu wont work. you will have to disable the lock screen.

- dont know about the off button. no problems on my end.

hopefully this helps im still new at this. i just got this phone two months ago

This UI is awesome.

Hey , thanx Alot is clears up a phew problem

I fix the OFF bottun problem by doign a HARD reset on my phone . i havent had the problem sints

Also , this doesnt come with Opera mobile ? lol - Explorer Wont work for me i keep geting a Pls hit Refreshed or try again later , maybe i have to change settings?

Here's the workaround for non-working HTCPhotoPicker. Just put this in the registry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Jataayu\Messaging\MMS]

"EnableHTCPicturePicker"=dword:00000000

Instead of HTCPhotoPicker you will have a standard WM photo picker. No more problems composing MMS slideshow:)

Rodrigo, if you won't manage to fix the HTCPhotoPicker please include this in your Beta 2 ROM!

Guest SelfCreation

MORE BUGS:

-internet wont work

- Every time i lock my phone and then come back the time goes back 1 hour then comes back

Example: phone says 5:00 , i lock it /unlock it,, it goes from 5:00 to 4:00 back to 5:00 and lags the s*** out of the UI

MORE BUGS:

-internet wont work

- Every time i lock my phone and then come back the time goes back 1 hour then comes back

Example: phone says 5:00 , i lock it /unlock it,, it goes from 5:00 to 4:00 back to 5:00 and lags the s*** out of the UI

Internet works like harm! You have something misconfigured with the connection.

The clock thing is the normal Sense UI behaviour:) It made that way to have a nice flipping effect.

Guest SelfCreation

Any 1 know the internet setings should be ? cause it work befor i flashed the rom now nothing works.

Also u know where i can get an original ROM ? i need to have my phone serviced

Guest Asgardi
Any 1 know the internet setings should be ? cause it work befor i flashed the rom now nothing works.

Also u know where i can get an original ROM ? i need to have my phone serviced

I don't know. You should not have flashed your phone if it had some problems in the first place. Maybe Secany's ROMs are original enough. The good thing is that ROM has nothing to do with a broken screen but I think they WILL use it as an excuse...

It also seems that i8000L has more problems with this ROM than i8000. I would not flash before beta2 because there are lots of bugs in beta1 and it is not good for everyday use (hangs, crashes, phone not ringing sometimes, ..., ...).

Edited by Asgardi

Guest SelfCreation

Yeah i noticed that now ,. LOTS OF BUGS!!!! lol

My TXT also only works when they want to lol

and when i go to MAIN menu ( push start ) i cant get out of it!!!! lol EVER i tryed that lock ting ( slide to unlock programe ,, i dunno what else to do but wait or find the original rom back

Guest brodieman84
Yeah i noticed that now ,. LOTS OF BUGS!!!! lol

My TXT also only works when they want to lol

and when i go to MAIN menu ( push start ) i cant get out of it!!!! lol EVER i tryed that lock ting ( slide to unlock programe ,, i dunno what else to do but wait or find the original rom back

I have a dump of the original rom, only the PDA part though.

Guest sioppao

im using this in conjunction with JA1 ROM and it's cool but with the existing bugs for backlight, youtube (video playback in general), etc.

awaiting for beta 2 or RC or 1.5 hehe.

by the way, if i want to revert to secany's full ROM again, how do i do that (sorry for the noob question)

hi!

It running for me without changing CSC or Eboot!

My omnia 2 is an SFR (french operator) with SFR configuration.

there is no bug for me (i dont try to setup the TV)

Thanx for all!

Very good work

when a french version will be available?

(sorry, my engliqh is not fluent)

Guest Asgardi
by the way, if i want to revert to secany's full ROM again, how do i do that (sorry for the noob question)

Just download that ROM and flash it as you did with this one...

Guest Asgardi
Any way to get it to read SIM Contacts currently doesn't recognize them

It should read them always. If you have a bug try to add a shortcut to "Contacts" program to your home screen and use that one.

Guest pentax1
anyone GPS working ?

my garmin does not detect any satallite.

i flash back to the sencey rom and it is working. but not working on the Leo2-fussion rom.

Hello,

At first I want to thanks to Rodrigo for great ROM.

I have a problem with my GPS navigation. I am using iGo8. iGo8 find GPS module but afterr that don´t find any satelites for taking position. I tried few modaco roms plus HTC rom but there is still same problem.

I red all forum and changed value in registrs how was written (Garmin gps) but nothing.

When I had original ROM Samsung it wasn´t much good too but satelites were finded and sometimes I had position too.

Can you help me somebody please?

Or it is reason for reclamation of phone?

Okay,... some updates to comments so far:

Wifi works well, i have tested it for pretty long time and no issues so far.. the ones having problems please review your particular situation.

the famous 'add city' issue, it is related to a GENERAL OPENGL BUG > in some situations, popping up the SIP keyboard DURING manila execution, crashes Manila completely . I repeat, it is a general issue and also happens, for example, in the 'google search' box in Internet Tab...

We have to wait for a OpenGL Ginkage library fix for this....The same goes to unsupported landscape modes..

THE BEST WAY TO ADD YOUR PLACE TO WEATHER is use 'My location' service.. .much easier than looking for your city, anyways :)

Rodrigo, what about using a third part SIP like fingerkeyboard. Would this fix this bug at least until a new OpenGL lib appears?