[ROM] LEO2-FUSION Beta 1/ HD2 feel in I8000

Guest rodrigofd

Flashed successfully and yup, more or less has the same bugs as many of the other users.

Looking forward to an improved version, thks rodrigofd!

Just wondering if anyone knew how to remove the Icons(Shortcuts) in the Home tab?

(Not those slidable ones at the bottom but those in grid view in the "Home" screen)

Guest chanhny

Thank for ROM.

It's work really smoothly on my O2. But Icon, button and other graphic seem have lowest quality. How to fix it?

Thanks!

Edited by chanhny

Guest darkworldzz

hmm.. does any one seem to have this problem?? everytime i try to add location,HTC sense restarts... there are work arounds for clock tho...

Just what i tink, could the camera settings having no words be due to the changed font???

i tink the lock screen bug can be easily worked around by installing S2U2 and disable windows lock screen...

Edited by darkworldzz

Guest rodrigofd
Thank for ROM.

It's work really smoothly on my O2. But Icon, button and other graphic seem have lowest quality. How to fix it?

Thanks!

Image quality is related to the OpenGL driver... you cant ask much in here, since we have different hardware.

hmm.. does any one seem to have this problem?? everytime i try to add location,HTC sense restarts... there are work arounds for clock but how do i add location for weather???

Just what i tink, could the camera settings having no words be due to the changed font???

The thing about add location has already been commented in the hundreds of posts before. Changed font has to do with camera settings, indeed. I'm on to that.

Guest darkworldzz

sry bout that... but the location thing doesnt affect much tho.. does any1 know the original samsung font?? i'll try to change the font and c how...

i saw someone commenting about the touch player crashes.. its due to the SRS WOW HD i tink..

and another about editing contact.. i am able to edit contact...using the phone button and editing from there...

Edited by darkworldzz

The wallpaper isn't work through setting tab.

but you can download AntWorksAutoWallpaperChanger

forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=557248

I suggest better don't auto "change" the wallpaper so fast,

I did try change wallpaper for every 30sec, but it will be annoying for every 30sec in case i just doing something else, lag every 30sec when it changes wallpaper.

but if changing every 1day (or some reasonable time) is acceptable.

Now, i finding any other "clock and tab" add in can make today screen looks better =) (transparent clock or etc?)

By the way, some other suggestion (not bug at all)

Every time used SMS, it is needed to go back the "general information" tab to click the back key, i am finding another program that mapping hexagon key to a "back" key.

As i asked my friend, all htc phone have a back key, so if they need go back to previous page after using sms, that key will be fast and easy =)

Yours phone don't have back key, so need everytime manual go back "htc home screen", it do not work for the "today" button, i tried many times after sent SMS. =)

Hope it helps

Sorry for bad english again ~

Edited by ~~ =)

Guest monyozt
Yes, that icon is associated to Garmin, provided that its EXE program file is located in \Storage Card\Garmin\WM\QuePPC.exe

If your garmin is in another location, you should take the file \Windows\Start Menu\GPS\Garmin Mobile.lnk, copy to PC, edit it in Notepad, and modify the path to the correct one for your installation, then replace such .LNK file into the original folder in phone. That's it.

yup already do this. but i got ugly icon, different with icon stored on GPS location. my garmin located on "Garmin\Que.exe"

Strange, i didn't have this issue, OR the GPS issue in Garmin. As others stated, my Garmin is locking pretty fast, actually faster than many other previous ROMs.

i dont have any issue with garmin. locking about less than 15second. how about backlight issue bro? device wont go to sleep mode.. i really like this candy ROM ;) and i have plane use this ROM for my daily usage... one more, when you reach limited RAM memmory, you won't able make tap and hold using total commander.. need to restart first then tap and hold using total comander works fine ;)

FYI: this rom include net 3,5 installed. but on registry editor, default value set to 0. need enable first.. here the path "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\.NETCompactFramework" set to 1 ;)

post-497070-1260466744_thumb.jpg

post-497070-1260466760_thumb.jpg

Edited by monyozt

Guest John Peers
The wallpaper isn't work through setting tab.

but you can download AntWorksAutoWallpaperChanger

forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=557248

I suggest better don't auto "change" the wallpaper so fast,

I did try change wallpaper for every 30sec, but it will be annoying for every 30sec in case i just doing something else, lag every 30sec when it changes wallpaper.

Work perfectly for me, and change the wallpaper at the same moment that I click in the option and back to the home tab. I have de L2 phone and PDA. Thanks for your help!

Guest mattb777

first of all i'd like to say thanks for an AMAZING rom!!!! really appreciate your efforts and very usable for a first release!

one additional bug i have:

when editing contact information to set contact photo, pressing "Open Album" does nothing --> can't change the photo ;)

Guest ariasmas

What a hard work are you doing for all the owners of this terrific phone, and what a great enthusiast are you Rodrigo, I'll try your ROM and will tell you my experience.

¡Gracias Loco!

Guest xos84292

The Samsung Touch Player can't show the video and music image with out the MY storage...any think can fix it?

(my 8GB is lose after flash this rom, but i think it a i8000 at 7-8/2009 error,i don't use the my storage,so it's ok)

I FIX IT....JUST rename the storage card folder name ,my storage

and if i use the music tab,the touch player can't work & open

Edited by xos84292

Guest lululala
Can any one tell me how video playback is? Coz mine is really bad, extremely low fps and lag spikes. Is it just me? Should i reflash the rom???

the stock Heli mp4 video plays fine and smooth. No luck on DivX/Xvid videos though. Touch Player doesn't play'em at all.

Guest CryptXus
The Samsung Touch Player can't show the video and music image with out the MY storage...any think can fix it?

(my 8GB is lose after flash this rom, but i think it a i8000 at 7-8/2009 error,i don't use the my storage,so it's ok)

I FIX IT....JUST rename the storage card folder name ,my storage

and if i use the music tab,the touch player can't work & open

i also lost my storage after playing with it but understand that is a hardware problem with first batch O2... sent in for repair and will be collecting later.

Guest bluhound
btw, i noticed my ram to be ard 26+ free. I recall rod mentioning that it should be ard 50 but i aint getting that even though HTC Sense is the thing Im probably opening now. Is my Program free mem normal?

battery wise, htc sense is gurgling up the battery. I have reconfiguredn my performance to normal + brightness 1/2 and its still draining pretty fast. Flashed my phone ard 815, turn it to norm performance ard 9 ... its now 1130 and batt level dropped from 44 - 18.

This is what I have found out. I have read previous posts that with this firmware the device was not able to auto dim and go to sleep mode. Some of you might say that "pressing the lock key to switch off screen" is a quick and dirty solution.

However I found out that this is not the case. For those who are familiar with the S3C6410 overclocking tool, once you set a clock speed (e.g. 980Mhz, that's what I set. Phone became super smooth), the speed will reset once you either lock the screen or leave the phone on idle for auto sleep.

For this firmware though, whatever you do to make the phone sleep, the clock speed which I have set does not reset (stays at 980Mhz) which means the phone will run on maximum performance all the time. This might explain why the battery drains quickly.

Guest CryptXus
This is what I have found out. I have read previous posts that with this firmware the device was not able to auto dim and go to sleep mode. Some of you might say that "pressing the lock key to switch off screen" is a quick and dirty solution.

However I found out that this is not the case. For those who are familiar with the S3C6410 overclocking tool, once you set a clock speed (e.g. 980Mhz, that's what I set. Phone became super smooth), the speed will reset once you either lock the screen or leave the phone on idle for auto sleep.

For this firmware though, whatever you do to make the phone sleep, the clock speed which I have set does not reset (stays at 980Mhz) which means the phone will run on maximum performance all the time. This might explain why the battery drains quickly.

the ROM default sets the performance at high. So as long as the phone is on,, its always running at high performance and plus the screen.... it suck juice.

for me is ok coz i dun on the phone very often....juz make sure u off the phone either by power button or a 3rd party app. ;)

Guest lululala

well not for me.. i have my CPU set to 990Mhz and it always gets reset to 800Mhz after I hardware lock/unlock..

Can any one tell me how video playback is? Coz mine is really bad, extremely low fps and lag spikes. Is it just me? Should i reflash the rom???

ok my bad .. yes the Heli video runs jerky and slow.. so basically Touch Player has the following:

i) No DivX/Xvid support

ii) Poor performance on stock videos

iii) Landscape mode doesn't work properly.

Guest bluhound
the ROM default sets the performance at high. So as long as the phone is on,, its always running at high performance and plus the screen.... it suck juice.

for me is ok coz i dun on the phone very often....juz make sure u off the phone either by power button or a 3rd party app. ;)

I think you misunderstood here. What I meant is during sleep mode. Yes, when the phone's screen is on, of course it will run at full performance but according to posts from the overclocking tool page, when the phone goes to sleep (aka screen's off), the CPU speed will no longer run at full performance but at much lower clock speed.

well not for me.. i have my CPU set to 990Mhz and it always gets reset to 800Mhz after I hardware lock/unlock..

ok my bad .. yes the Heli video runs jerky and slow.. so basically Touch Player has the following:

i) No DivX/Xvid support

ii) Poor performance on stock videos

iii) Landscape mode doesn't work properly.

That's odd. I have tried it several times (including after hard reset, eeprom etc., btw PHONE's on IL1 and EBOOT on IL2.) and the clock still stays at what I set it to. Guess I have to experiment with it more then.

Guest bentancy

so in short, editing the samsung setting's performance does not actually affect the speed. I havent taken a look at the oc tool before. Mabbe i will try it as well. Thanks though for the reply. At least now i know changing the perfomance of samsung doesnt help.

Guest lululala
That's odd. I have tried it several times (including after hard reset, eeprom etc., btw PHONE's on IL1 and EBOOT on IL2.) and the clock still stays at what I set it to. Guess I have to experiment with it more then.

i guess the difference between us is I only flashed PDA and Phone (IL1) portion. without the EBOOT

Guest bluhound
so in short, editing the samsung setting's performance does not actually affect the speed. I havent taken a look at the oc tool before. Mabbe i will try it as well. Thanks though for the reply. At least now i know changing the perfomance of samsung doesnt help.

It DOES affect the speed. As for Samsung's settings menu, by setting performance to high, the CPU speed will be set to 800Mhz when its on. When the phone sleeps, the clock speed will drop and will resume to 800Mhz once the phone wakes up again. As for the overclock tool, it is a proof of concept app just like the FPU Enabler. By using it, I am able to set the clock speed higher than Samsung's recommended settings.

Anyway, back to LEO2-FUSION ROM. I have been using for almost 2 days now and I find the animated weather screen quite annoying as it slows my phone down. So I went searching around and found this tool, Max Manila 2.6 Beta. With it I am able to change the clock style, disable weather animation, change background and some others. Forgotten the exact URL but that's where Google can help.

Guest bentancy
Anyway, back to LEO2-FUSION ROM. I have been using for almost 2 days now and I find the animated weather screen quite annoying as it slows my phone down. So I went searching around and found this tool, Max Manila 2.6 Beta. With it I am able to change the clock style, disable weather animation, change background and some others. Forgotten the exact URL but that's where Google can help.

cool!! i agree the animation is a bit over the top and thks for pointing that tool out. lemme search for it.

Guest CryptXus
It DOES affect the speed. As for Samsung's settings menu, by setting performance to high, the CPU speed will be set to 800Mhz when its on. When the phone sleeps, the clock speed will drop and will resume to 800Mhz once the phone wakes up again. As for the overclock tool, it is a proof of concept app just like the FPU Enabler. By using it, I am able to set the clock speed higher than Samsung's recommended settings.

Here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=551489 ;)