Samsung Dialer from IL2

Guest powser

THERE IS NOT ENOUGH LOVE FOR i8000 ULTRALITE ROM!!

;) ;) :P :( :( :( :( :(

Anyway I present a little gift to all those on this ROM

Samsung Dialer

Ripped by me from Secany's IL2 rom ;)

Contains phone/phonebook/calllog/videocall

DISCLAIMER:

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPPENS TO YOUR PHONE!

I AM NOT A PROGRAMMER SO I CAN'T FIX ANY BUGS THAT YOU MAY ENCOUNTER.

There, I had to say it ;)

Edited by powser

Guest MaliciousKen
can you upload all original cab apps from L2 rom bro??

Nice contribution.

If you have the time, u might wan to consider making cabs for the below samsung applications

1) Clock

2) Calendar

3) Keypad

Thanks ...

Guest tacchan23

Sorry for the off topic and noob question... how do you proceed, generically speaking, to make a cab out of a Samsung application?

I mean, you just try to figure out all the required files from the OEMapps folder?

(I was trying to have a look at how to cook a ultra lite rom myself but too many files mixed togheter in the OEMapps folder scared me ahaha)

Sorry guys it isn't very easy to make all these cab files, i've only made dialer and clock so far.

Maybe there is an easier way, but since i'm no programmer I can only do things by trial and error

@tacchan

Well basically I try to figure out what files are needed.

For example the dialer has many required files, I trial and error to see which are the needed ones, usually guessing base ont he filenames it self.

Then I search the registry for entries regarding to dialer (using non lite rom). Also, the RGU files in rom dumps may be useful.

Then well I pack it into a file using handtyped INF or quickcab.

It took me quite some time just to get the dialer to play nice >_>

Guest Gary Crutcher
THERE IS NOT ENOUGH LOVE FOR i8000 ULTRALITE ROM!!

;) ;) :P :( :( :( :( :(

Anyway I present a little gift to all those on this ROM

Samsung Dialer

Ripped by me from Secany's IL2 rom ;)

Contains phone/phonebook/calllog/videocall

DISCLAIMER:

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPPENS TO YOUR PHONE!

I AM NOT A PROGRAMMER SO I CAN'T FIX ANY BUGS THAT YOU MAY ENCOUNTER.

There, I had to say it ;)

Thank you very much.

Was using Rescoe Keyboard and it kinda sucks...many special keys missing(i.e., <, \)

or at least I could not find them.

Thanks again!!!!

Guest bobobird

Wouldnt it make more sense to actually NOT ultra-lite - that is leave in the ss apps and only take out the 3rd party or ms ones ?

I am sure there are hardly any decent equivalents that share the same UI and colour scheme as the ss ones !!!

Wouldnt it make more sense to actually NOT ultra-lite - that is leave in the ss apps and only take out the 3rd party or ms ones ?

I am sure there are hardly any decent equivalents that share the same UI and colour scheme as the ss ones !!!

I wouldn't use this Samsung dialer if not for the fact it's the ONLY dialer that supports video call.

Which is the main purpose of me making this cab.

I don't mind the default WM dialer, except it doesn't have video call support.

In any case, Ultra-Lite + Samsung cabs is the only way to please everybody.

any guide? Thanks

you just getting the files directly from \windows or \program files inside Phone?

Since i heard that can connect phone to pc with "my storage" then read the hidden partition there, but i have no idea how to "read" that hidden partition =(

any guide? Thanks

you just getting the files directly from \windows or \program files inside Phone?

Since i heard that can connect phone to pc with "my storage" then read the hidden partition there, but i have no idea how to "read" that hidden partition =(

You can grab them directly if form those folders if you have a non lite rom flashed.

Alternatively you can rip it from secany's files.

Hmm guide has already been written regarding rom extraction. The guide for extraction is somewhere further down in the thread called "PDAClan finally has cooking information"

You will need a few tools like OSNBTOOL IMGFSTODUMP and others, it should be available in the i900 forums as a stickie.

you can PM me if u need further help ;)

Guest bobobird
In any case, Ultra-Lite + Samsung cabs is the only way to please everybody.

That is what I meant. Everybody wants an ultralite and then everybody comes back and wants their favourite ss apps!

Cooks would be better off with this approach. Less bugs too.

Thank you very much.

Was using Rescoe Keyboard and it kinda sucks...many special keys missing(i.e., <, \)

or at least I could not find them.

Thanks again!!!!

because of your post, I thought this contain the keyboard....but no.... it doesn't contain a keyboard....

anyone know a batter keyboard for the ultra lite rom? the supplied english/chinese keyboard doesn't suit me

Guest emperorben
Singapore rite? choose another port, 1723 is great and keep refreshing. it will work eventually.

Thanks for the tip. Didn't work.

Eventually, used SkipScreen extension for firefox and managed to bypass the problem.

And yes, from Singapore. ;)