3rd Party Phone Programs Dont Work on my SCH-i920?

3rd Party Phone Programs Dont Work on my SCH-i920?

I have a new I920 from verizon. Love it phone is great. The issue is that it doesn't seem to work with third party phone apps. Not a particular app, all third party apps: inesoft, Spam alert, spb etc. They load and run fine but each one after a while seems to stop responding to the hard phone button. CLicking the phone button does not open the dialer any longer.

After a short while phone button stops opening the dialer, and it also changes my volume indicator screen away from the circular ones back the the small sliders, have to restore from backup to fix

sometimes it makes the volume buttons not work at all, have to restore

sometimes it will make the volume buttons up and down move the highlighted item on my screen up and down and no longer control, the volume, have to restore.

Sometitmes it makes the volume buttons open the large indicator icons panel at the top of the screen instead of controlling volume, have to restore to fix

Also the default caller id pops up then the 3rd party pops up and it normally crashes all the buttons

Inesoft Phone 5: Phone button will stop responding, have to go into the inesoft options and disable the dialer etc then re enable them and it will work correctly, if that doesn't make the phone button start to work again I have to restore form backup.

Anyone else have an O2 on Verizon and successfully using a 3rd party software program?

where in the registry is the setting that tells the phone what app to run when the phone button is pressed or the volume buttons? I would like to see if these values for some reason change or are erased when using the third party dialer, or if because both apps will pop up and then crash are both trying to load? Does the default dialer program periodically change the registry settings and attempt to readable itself causing conflicts?

Any Ideas?

Edited by Ceed19

Ok i got the samsung phone app disabled using SK Tools > Tuneup> Phone Edition> Disable OEM Dialer

So now i have the PLAIN windows mobile dialer that does not interfere with third party apps, only issue is the phone button is disabled now, it maps to nothing, if someone could find out how to map it back to start the default phone app it would be perfect and all problems solved.

Ok i got the samsung phone app disabled using SK Tools > Tuneup> Phone Edition> Disable OEM Dialer

So now i have the PLAIN windows mobile dialer that does not interfere with third party apps, only issue is the phone button is disabled now, it maps to nothing, if someone could find out how to map it back to start the default phone app it would be perfect and all problems solved.

Since you don't like to reverse the process by enable it back nor using other buttons as your dial key, how about a softKey! Maybe the "softkey1", right above your "Dial key"! In case if you were interested!? Try this path;

SK Tools > Tuneup> Buttons> Soft Key 1 path> then in the upper box, open the drop down menu, select Alias> :MSCPROG

;) ;)

Since you don't like to reverse the process by enable it back nor using other buttons as your dial key, how about a softKey! Maybe the "softkey1", right above your "Dial key"! In case if you were interested!? Try this path;

SK Tools > Tuneup> Buttons> Soft Key 1 path> then in the upper box, open the drop down menu, select Alias> :MSCPROG

:o :P

Also you can try to enable Voice Recognition, it will be hard coded to the dial key as well but for the press and hold option. After that, when you press and hold the Dial Key for few seconds it will activate it and just say Go to Phone, or Open Phone and it will open the dialer for you. Its not always usable but at least it wont be completely waisted key.

;) ;)

Im using Mobile Shell, I dont have a softkey unless I go to show today screen, If there is no way to make the phone key not be a huge usless button, I will use the stock dialer until there is a fix. All I want is for the phone key to open the phone.... what its supposed to do

• 4 months later...
Guest KAJINOFE

Anyone have the resolution for this?

I have the Verizon i920 version with everything stock. I disabled the Samsung dialer and am looking for a way to have the physical 'answer' key to work normally with the WM dialer.

Thanks.