I920 lock screen

Guest Omega Ra

Guest Omega Ra

Is there a way to get the default WM6.5 slider lockscreen onto the Verizon Omnia 2 i920?? I don't like the boring "press here to unlock" lock screen. So if there is a way to deactivate that screen and get the slider back that would be great.

Guest Fratboy
Is there a way to get the default WM6.5 slider lockscreen onto the Verizon Omnia 2 i920?? I don't like the boring "press here to unlock" lock screen. So if there is a way to deactivate that screen and get the slider back that would be great.

You can use s2u2. http://www.ac-s2.com/

Guest Omega Ra

yeah I know about that, but until someone can come up with a custom ROM for this phone that frees up a bunch of space I prefer to try to get the standard one back on so I don't have to install yet another app to my device...but I might go that way if it doesn't seem like it will be possible. Thanks

Guest dwallersv

Not on the 920 if you want to use the bundled Nuance voice command over BT (no MS VC). S2U2 interferes with it so that after the headset channel opens, Nuance starts inconsistenly (not, most of the time), and makes the capability unusable.

I'm a big fan of S2U2, and am disappointed that I can't use it.

Solved! Edit the following registry keys in HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\LockScreen:

Active -> change from 0 to 1

Enable -> change from 0 to 1

Or you can just download and import the following registry file attached (rename to .reg)

EDIT: it seems we can only get to use the WM lock from the default (honeycomb) start menu by editing the following

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\StartMenu\DisableLock (change it from 1 to 0)

LockScreen.txt

Edited by Shemmy

Solved! Edit the following registry keys in HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\LockScreen:

Or you can just download and import the following registry file attached (rename to .reg)

EDIT: it seems we can only get to use the WM lock from the default (honeycomb) start menu by editing the following

Got it to work - Thanks for the tip

Only Enable changes permanently on mine, Active always changes back to 0 on reboot:( (using phm editor)

Edited by mamuco

Guest Omega Ra

I found those last night while poking around, but it didn't seem to work, but I didn't enable the lock from the start menu...so we'll see in a moment.

EDIT: I see what you mean, the lock button still does the standard lock, but the lock from the startmenu gives me my slider ;)

Edited by Omega Ra

Guest Fratboy
I found those last night while poking around, but it didn't seem to work, but I didn't enable the lock from the start menu...so we'll see in a moment.

EDIT: I see what you mean, the lock button still does the standard lock, but the lock from the startmenu gives me my slider ;)

So cant you map the lock from the Start menu to the lock button thereby replacing the standard lock?

So cant you map the lock from the Start menu to the lock button thereby replacing the standard lock?

I haven't been able to find a way to do that yet. Since I use Mobile Shell, I just have the lock widget on my home screen.

Guest Omega Ra
I haven't been able to find a way to do that yet. Since I use Mobile Shell, I just have the lock widget on my home screen.

I hope you can find a way, I will poke around looking in the registry too, but not sure where to look.

Guest dwallersv
Most likely HKLM\Software and HKLM\System

It might be easier to figure out what program or dll is being invoked, and then search the registry on that name. I'll throw my efforts in to this too.

Guest Omega Ra
It might be easier to figure out what program or dll is being invoked, and then search the registry on that name. I'll throw my efforts in to this too.

\WINDOWS\lockscreen.exe

edit: only shows up under HLKM>system>TaskMgr>ModuleExcludeList

Edited by Omega Ra

Guest dwallersv
I'll try VJBrisk'ing is and see if that gets us what we want.

Success!!!! With S2U2 at least. I don't know what the executable for the standard WM6.5 lock screen is, so I didn't try that. I prefer S2U2 anyway.

So, following the instructions here to get rid of the Samsung lock, then using VJBrisk to replace redirect \windows\lockscreen.exe to s2u2.exe, the lock button now activates s2u2 instead of the stupid Samsung lock screen. Problem solved!

Guest Omega Ra
Success!!!! With S2U2 at least. I don't know what the executable for the standard WM6.5 lock screen is, so I didn't try that. I prefer S2U2 anyway.

So, following the instructions here to get rid of the Samsung lock, then using VJBrisk to replace redirect \windows\lockscreen.exe to s2u2.exe, the lock button now activates s2u2 instead of the stupid Samsung lock screen. Problem solved!

well I will have to get vjbrisk, and then figure out what .exe activates the WM6.5 lock...

Guest Omega Ra
well I will have to get vjbrisk, and then figure out what .exe activates the WM6.5 lock...

I have noticed one odd thing....when locked with 6.5...the buttons aren't locked...only the screen...I can still activate the camera when on the lock screen...

Guest josephsmodaco

on the i920... if you install spb mobile shell you can access the original lock screen options. there you can set the lock screen to classic win mo or windows default (which is the 6.5 slider) then you can remove shell if not wanted....

What specific lock widget are you using? Does it show up on the "Widget menu" or is it a shortcut to a specific program?

Guest jpenman

why would you do that? if you just go to settings and turn off lock and install s2u2 the lock button automatically activates s2u2. am i missing something?

Guest Omega Ra
why would you do that? if you just go to settings and turn off lock and install s2u2 the lock button automatically activates s2u2. am i missing something?

do you have the i8000 or the i920??

Guest jpenman
do you have the i8000 or the i920??

the i920...i was using s2u2 but it didnt work well with the default incoming call screen but yea i press the lock button and screen shuts off and when i press it to turn it back on s2u2 is there...i thought thats how it is suppose to work i dont know know why you would have to redirect a button