[Sharing] brief walkthrough on i8000 Rom extracting & repacking

Guest Job21

I'm a rookie to the cooking community and spent days to gather necessary info. before cooked a rom successfully. To contribute the most I can to the community, following is only a sharing from my own experience. If you have any better suggest, please share with us.

Please refer to corresponding guidelines for detail execution paramaters/command lines

1) run Sorg's dskdump.exe from SD card/ my storage to extract rom

2) rename the file as pda.bin

3) rename Weisun's imgfstodumpxxx.exe to imgfstodump.exe and replace the file as in Pako777's I900_executor

4) disassemble pda.bin into package structure (OEM/SYS/XIP); rename the pda.bin as os.nb

5) cooking the package (TIPS: as others suggested, move the files that you don't need to another place but with same structure. It'd be useful when debugging)

6) turns the package into dump with buildos

7) run imgfstodump.exe (Weisun and ACWan version) and have imgfs.bin.new

the rest would be back to Weisun/ ACWan's guideline

Edited by Job21

Guest rodrigofd
When rename the pda.bin as os.nb, can I use the file os.nb as is to flash it in other i8000 device? Do I need to convert it to .nb0?

No.... the only flashable files are .MST and NB0... NB0 basically is the 256 bytes header, and the rest is precisely the OS.NB... Read around, there is plenty of info. on how to assemble such header and thus the final NB0 .. Once you know steps, is easy to make a flashable rom out of a binary dump ;)

hi,

can u direct me to where to find weisun and ACWan's guideline?

thanks

hi, I think it'd be accessible as long as you can read Chinese (all their original material are in Chinese) or you may refer to re-post here for the translated one

Hi Guys can any one give me the links of important tools such as imgfstodumpxxx.exe , imgfstodump.exe and etc

and thanx

Look through MoDaCo and google if you cant find. Google will always be there for you (unless it crashes -.-)