AccDPad

Guest GunnarKarlsson

Guest dwallersv

Gunnar -- another request if you're still working on this... The face-down disable... it would be nice if this was a toggle, rather than a disable. Or maybe some other gesture to active.

Buttons are at a premium. I'd like to be able to turn this on/off with some unique gesture. The ultimate would be to record a gesture from the user and then look for that -- like two long-axis flips, or swinging up/down/up/down, etc. Let the user create the activate/deactivate gesture.

I do understand that this is a bit more complicated to then detect, so simply having some gesture to enable in addition to assigning a button would be fine.

Guest GunnarKarlsson
Gunnar -- another request if you're still working on this... The face-down disable... it would be nice if this was a toggle, rather

than a disable. Or maybe some other gesture to active.

Good idea... When the phone is held screen down the second time, the AccDPad is enabled, but the "zero" angle should be the one that the phone had before phone held screen down the first time? Or should I wait for ~2s then read zero angles and start from there? I am working on getting gestures to work, maybe screen down should enable gesture mode...

Buttons are at a premium. I'd like to be able to turn this on/off with some unique gesture. The ultimate would be to record a gesture from the user and then look for that -- like two long-axis flips, or swinging up/down/up/down, etc. Let the user create the activate/deactivate gesture.

I do understand that this is a bit more complicated to then detect, so simply having some gesture to enable in addition to assigning a button would be fine.

Try AccDPadTopBar instead of binding to a button and please let me know if it is usable.

//Gunnar

Guest GunnarKarlsson
Great work, Gunnar! I would use it daily if I can change the keys to scroll up or down while using mdigger to read news article.

Thanks, feels good that it is appreciated...

Do the arrow keys work on mdigger, have you tried using pgUp, pgDown by tilting phone above/below beta2limit? Maybe I should add some kind of WM_SCROLL message instead of dPad but I don't know if it is possible.

//Gunnar

Guest GunnarKarlsson

version 009 released

and a test application, AccDPadTopBar, that uses the battery and volume icons to enable/disable AccDPad...

//Gunnar

And by the way...

The "\My Storage\" just disappeared AGAIN!

arghhh!

well its on its way for service, AGAIN, but I expect it back in two weeks.

Edited by GunnarKarlsson

Guest Juan Poh
Thanks, feels good that it is appreciated...

Do the arrow keys work on mdigger, have you tried using pgUp, pgDown by tilting phone above/below beta2limit? Maybe I should add some kind of WM_SCROLL message instead of dPad but I don't know if it is possible.

//Gunnar

I did not realized page up and down has been enabled in AccDPad. This is really my intended usage. However pgUp and pgDown has no effect on mdigger. I assigned scroll down through WM Button assignment setting to test its behavior on mdigger. It behaves the same as the arrow down key. Looks like using scroll up or down will not achieve my requirement.

Guest COOLCABMAN

HELLO GUNNER,

thanx for the program, it works great with most of the wares, lov it,

only one bug i found that after activation some times it does not activate, may be we need to activate 2 or three times, and the curser keeps rotating, showing system busy .one question , how canwe set sensitivity, of the accelrometer. thanx for the help keep up the good work.

regards

Guest GunnarKarlsson
only one bug i found that after activation some times it does not activate, may be we need to activate 2 or three times, and the curser keeps rotating, showing system busy .one question , how canwe set sensitivity, of the accelrometer. thanx for the help keep up the good work.

regards

Well, the spinner is probably because I use .net CF 3.5... I will try to make the application a native c++ app, might be less resource intensive then...

To set the sensitivity, use AccDPadSetup...

Good luck

//Gunnar

Guest COOLCABMAN
Well, the spinner is probably because I use .net CF 3.5... I will try to make the application a native c++ app, might be less resource intensive then...

To set the sensitivity, use AccDPadSetup...

Good luck

//Gunnar

thanx for the reply gunner, I really appriciate, all the efforts you r putting on the this, I am planning to post video of this application on you tube, all the credit to you offcourse, but want your permission before I do so. looking forward to your reply, have a great day

Regards

Guest GunnarKarlsson
I am planning to post video of this application on you tube, all the credit to you offcourse, but want your permission before I do so.

sure, go ahead! (and post the link...)

BTW, new version 010, see first post.

I got my phone back yesterday. "My storage" is there again... hope it stays there.

//Gunnar

Edited by GunnarKarlsson

Guest COOLCABMAN

Hello Mr gunner,

hope u are in best of health, thanx for the Ver.10, it activates just instant, no busy cursor now, thanx for the help, I have been busy , will post the video some time end of the week, thanx have a great day

regards

Guest GunnarKarlsson
work with Omnia pro b7610? at the moment my phone is broken up, so i can't test.. thx!

Yes, it should work wherever the samsung sdk works, and i think it should work on the omnia pro too.

Please report success or failure... When your phone is fixed! (good luck with that btw, I know how frustrating it can be to be without your phone/pda/gps/mp3-player/camera etc...)

//Gunnar

Guest COOLCABMAN
Yes, it should work wherever the samsung sdk works, and i think it should work on the omnia pro too.

Please report success or failure... When your phone is fixed! (good luck with that btw, I know how frustrating it can be to be without your phone/pda/gps/mp3-player/camera etc...)

//Gunnar

Helo mr Gunner,

I have th ver 10, it seems there is a bug when we tilt the phone to the left side, it getsstuck and some times does not move, and some times change the direction and theb back to the same location then works. It has been a issue when ever i want to video the working of Acc dpad, there is some or the other bug popping up, heheheh, thax for the ver 10, waiting for the bug fix , have a great day

Regards

Guest GunnarKarlsson
Helo mr Gunner,

I have th ver 10, it seems there is a bug when we tilt the phone to the left side, it getsstuck and some times does not move, and some times change the direction and theb back to the same location then works. It has been a issue when ever i want to video the working of Acc dpad, there is some or the other bug popping up, heheheh, thax for the ver 10, waiting for the bug fix , have a great day

Regards

Well, it is beta software...

I have not noticed such a bug, could you please go into AccDPadSetup and report on the angles you have there?

The wanted behavior is that the AccDPad checks the orientation of the phone when it is started/enabled and calculates the angles from that position.

so if you start the application/enable with the phone tilted, this might cause that behavior.

//Gunnar

Edited by GunnarKarlsson

• 4 weeks later...
Guest COOLCABMAN

HELLO GUNNER THE MASTER, :)

SO SORRY,I was so busy these days, could not catch up with ur posts, thanx for the ver12, will upgrade from 10 and let u know the feed back, I use this application for sms cursor shifting, i was facing problem with ver 10, then went back to 9 that was working great. let me try 12. thank u so much for your efforts, really appreciate it.

have a great day.

regards

I tested the application, works great, but the task bar becomes messy, with dime and date not complete, the activation logo, My suggestion is in setting mode we have some kind of task bar icon switch, who ever likes it can use, or can be switched off, I am very grateful to u for this application,

thanx once again.

regards

Edited by COOLCABMAN

Guest GunnarKarlsson
I tested the application, works great, but the task bar becomes messy, with dime and date not complete, the activation logo, My suggestion is in setting mode we have some kind of task bar icon switch, who ever likes it can use, or can be switched off, I am very grateful to u for this application,

Hi

great that you like it.

I forgot to add that you should configure the phone so that the original clock is visible in the taskbar and then start AccDPadTaskBar.

please select clock->menu->options->"Display the clock on the title bar in all programs" Then AccDPadTaskBar will not draw over the standard task bar icons. (but you will not get the battery icon, sorry)

I don't really understand what you mean with "some kind of taskbar icon switch", just use AccDPadNotification or start AccDPad in any other way instead of AccDPadTaskBar, you do not have to use the task bar program to use AccDPad.

Kind Regards

//Gunnar

Guest GunnarKarlsson

Hi COOLCABMAN

did you manage to reproduce this bug?

could it be that you tilted the phone so much that the program started sending End/Home instead of Left/right?

the limits can be set (in radians) in AccDPadSetup.

//Gunnar

Guest GunnarKarlsson
How funny, I started such an application yesterday :P

I really like the feature with more key presses per minute depending on the angle! great idea.

//Gunnar

Guest COOLCABMAN

HELLO Gunner,

I am having problems installing version 9, after i installed the ver12, i cannot go back to ver 9, my phone switches off the screen evey now n ten, specialy wen i want to receive a call after unloking, the screen goes swithces off, cannot accept calles.

i will try some other ways, n get back to u, thanx a lot gunner

have a great day. :P

Guest Vostradamus

Hi there Gunner :P

Thank you so much for this cool app: now I won't miss the capacitive directional button of the O1 that much anymore :(

Currently using it with the notification icon (the best solution according to my taste), tried it for about 10 mins for ebook reading and it seems to work fine

Guest GunnarKarlsson
I am having problems installing version 9, after i installed the ver12, i cannot go back to ver 9, my phone switches off the screen evey now n ten, specially wen i want to receive a call after unlocking, the screen goes switches off, cannot accept calls.

Strange, I cannot see how AccDPad should cause that behavior, but please uninstall AccDPad completely and remove the AccDPad folder from where you installed it ("\program files", "\My Storage\Program files", or "\Storage Card\Program Files\") and soft reset the phone.

If the problems is still there after that I don't think its my fault. ;-)

//Gunnar

Guest COOLCABMAN
Strange, I cannot see how AccDPad should cause that behavior, but please uninstall AccDPad completely and remove the AccDPad folder from where you installed it ("\program files", "\My Storage\Program files", or "\Storage Card\Program Files\") and soft reset the phone.

If the problems is still there after that I don't think its my fault. ;-)

//Gunnar

Hey gunner,

none is your fault, I am really gretful to your for the fantastic application, I will test the ver 14 just now, :P i will do as u said above, and i am sure every thing shoud fix the issue :( thanx for the feed back,

take care

have a great day