[ROM] WM 6.5.5 i8000 ROM with BT voice dialing (Thai/Eng version)

Guest Khuanchai

Hi, KC, your lite custom rom solved most of my issues i tried to work around in official roms, its got much better memory menagement and annoying samsung stuff is gone, but i still miss one thing : samsung wifi manager, its the best i ever used on any wm powered devices, since its still there in rom, is there any way to map it wm top pop up bar ? the samsung top icons were present in your previous releases of this rom but now its gone and i really miss it (the wifi manager, not the smsng icons) since now i have to go through options to see what wifi network there are available.

Edited by sesser

Hi, KC, your lite custom rom solved most of my issues i tried to work around in official roms, its got much better memory menagement and annoying samsung stuff is gone, but i still miss one thing : samsung wifi manager, its the best i ever used on any wm powered devices, since its still there in rom, is there any way to map it wm top pop up bar ? the samsung top icons were present in your previous releases of this rom but now its gone and i really miss it (the wifi manager, not the smsng icons) since now i have to go through options to see what wifi network there are available.

Samsung settings -> Display and Light -> Large Indicator -> Turn it on.

Edited by zm.

When you say you can't install do you get an error in the install process or do you mean it installs successfully but doesnt show in Titanium?

If it is like the previous KC ROM, it uses the standard Titanium CPR file instead of the SPlugins CPR file as mentioned here.

I know that and wrote that native chome used in ROM, all plugs installed well and appeared in registry but new panels not show in Titanium. I don't try new lite2 ROM, tomorrow try and see if this problem exist in it.

Guest Khuanchai
I know that and wrote that native chome used in ROM, all plugs installed well and appeared in registry but new panels not show in Titanium. I don't try new lite2 ROM, tomorrow try and see if this problem exist in it.

Even registry was modified but you have to check the titaniumxxx.cpr to see changes.

Try this:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...on-wm-6-5-only/

The first theme by Blazingwolf works great.

Guest thanesvorn
someone knows how to make samsung phonebook as the default? :)

Someone has post in another topic

Credit to gchris7

You can edit this path on the registry: HKLM/software/microsoft/shell/rai/msclock. Replace the clock.exe with "\windows\tclock.exe" on string 1. You can do that for the calendar aswell. Works like a charm. ;)

HKLM/software/microsoft/shell/rai/MSCALENDAR

You need to replace: :MSPOUTLOOK calendar with: "\windows\tcalendar.exe" /next

P.S. With "\windows\tcalendar.exe" /next it takes you to the current day.

With "\windows\tcalendar.exe" /all it takes you to your next appointment.

With "\windows\tcalendar.exe" /new it takes you to the appointment creation screen

Choose one...

Mr. Khuanchai maybe u can make a full version of this wm6.5.3 rom ? :) because when i changing value in registry to have samsung sms or phonebook as default it doesn't work ;)

Guest Khuanchai
Mr. Khuanchai maybe u can make a full version of this wm6.5.3 rom ? :) because when i changing value in registry to have samsung sms or phonebook as default it doesn't work ;)

You have to install sms-mms and phonebook cabs in the second post first.

Guest corny2007

Dear KC,

Many thanks for the IL5 update!

Can you provide any details on the registry changes you have made?

Secondly, does anyone have the Samsung RSS reader CAB? Or a good alternative - I like the swype function to see the next article in the Samsung reader!?

Cheers!

Guest scegli1nick2

Hy KC very compliments for your hard work, what's the difference in this new L5 rom? Is based on a new build of wm with important upgrade?

Do you suggest to upgrade from your first light version? thx a lot :)

Guest contable

KC, thank you for the great roms.

I found the attached cab at xda. It disables the WM6.5 autolock.

For Su2u users like me it´s very useful. After install you will have only one lockscreen: Su2u.

By pressing the OMNIA II lock button you can turn it on or off.

Edit: after install a softreset is required.

Cheers,

contable

Disable_Auto_Device_Lock.cab

Edited by contable

Even registry was modified but you have to check the titaniumxxx.cpr to see changes.

Try this:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...on-wm-6-5-only/

The first theme by Blazingwolf works great.

Yes it works, but it works cause it do nothing with Titanium, just replace cpr files, but real plugs modify CPRs with ATPluginInstaller.exe and plg file...

In your Rom modifications are not work, and I don't understand why.

hello! Can somebody help me? ;) i want to set that titanium pictures panel open the samsung photo album, music open touch player, text open samsung messaging etc. u know what i mean, i want to have the samsung apps as default, i used to like it. Also when i get message it is opening mewm messaging or when i want to play music opening wmp etc. I've changed in registry wm default apps to the samsung apps but it worked only with samsung clock and calendar, the rest doesnt work, still opening wm default apps. help me please :)

Edited by dzynio

Someone has post in another topic

In case anyone is interested or it's not posted anywhere, the location of Samsung Phonebook exe is at "\Windows\SECContact.exe" :)

Guest ZeroXtreme
CABs for restoration of some i8000 Samsung programs.

This is not for every customized ROM. There may be some more files or registries removed by ROM cookers. I haven't tested these CABs as well. Please try if it works for your phone or not and post the results.

1. SMS-MMS

2. Phonebook

3. 3-column StartMenu By monyozt

4. Smart Memo by KSTAN

5. Midomi by KSTAN

6. Samsung Clock by powser

7. Calendar by powser

8. Dice by powser

9. Cyberon Voice Speed Dial

Thanks everyone for CABs.

Hi KC, nice job on the ROM.

I was wondering if you could give me the registry settings and the files required to make the Large Indicator functional on other stripped down ROMs. Or better if you could make a .CAB file for it.

Thank you in advance.

I don't seems to be able to go into samsung key board despite selecting it at input setting.

The only keyboard that appear is the Plum SIP keyboard.

I had already installed OEM_O2_XT9_Keyboard_IL5.cab.

Anyone can adv me.

Thks

Edit: Managed to find Samsung T9 keyboard by holding on to Plum SIP.

Edited by jkgtan

Hi, I have problem with GPS - very slow respond and low signal.

The problem starts after burn this ROM.

In this ROM I can't find X-GPS like in original. But I see A-GPS that can't help me because I don't use 3G option. Can you explain me to change back (config) it.