Samsung Today

Guest costipl

I haven't tried yet. I'll let you know as soon as I check it.

EDIT: nope, there's something wrong with it. When I tap it, I am taken to the RSS Reader, whre I can update and read feeds, but the item on Today constantly shows "No RSS Items", even if I move a feed to the Default category. Also, the menu in the RSS Reader is misaligned, it doesn't fit the screen properly.

Edited by costipl

Guest quizesilver
works for most of us. U're probably using a different language or a lite rom with some required file misisng...

i am using secany, L2 rom

it is in english.

Guest Dj_suca

hi everybody, let me tnks the autor, for this today modification it's the best...

but i need help for solve some probs

1- the text on my icons does not apear Language on Rom PTG Portugal (Can anyone Help please)

post-615871-1262034219_thumb.jpg

Guest costipl

What you need to do is go to your Windows folder on your device and find two .mui files with 0409 in their name (you can find the exact filenames in the archive in the first post). When you do, change the 0409 to the code of your language (0816 should be the code for Portugese, 0416 is for Brazilian Portugese). It's easiest to do this with Resco Explorer or Total Commander.

Once you do that, either do a soft reset or go to settings and disable the Samsung Today item, then enable it again.

BTW. is it possible to change the display of day on the time tab to a full word (eg. Monday instead of Mo)?

Edited by costipl

Guest Dj_suca
What you need to do is go to your Windows folder on your device and find two .mui files with 0409 in their name (you can find the exact filenames in the archive in the first post). When you do, change the 0409 to the code of your language (0816 should be the code for Portugese, 0416 is for Brazilian Portugese). It's easiest to do this with Resco Explorer or Total Commander.

Once you do that, either do a soft reset or go to settings and disable the Samsung Today item, then enable it again.

tnks alot....

problem solved...

it is in english but its fine...

post-615871-1262043430_thumb.jpg

Guest quizesilver

hi roma,

not too sure if it is for my language, but i reinstall it and i check the "window" directory

there is the 0409 file. for the both mention file.

Guest costipl
hi roma,

not too sure if it is for my language, but i reinstall it and i check the "window" directory

there is the 0409 file. for the both mention file.

0409 is the code for English language :)

Hope that someone is willing to make a cab out of the files, i am not sure which files should i copy to my windows folder XD.

can you reupload your pleae ? on megaupload is not more accessible

Guest sioppao
MAke your own program (exe) that runs the program u want. save that as jinbox.exe in windows. that's how i did for mine. of coz, this require some programming. maybe somone has a better solution, but I don't know.

I tried to rename the original jinbox.exe in Windows but it doesn't. I'm intending to overwrite it with SMS-Chat.exe renamed as jinbox.exe.

Any other suggestions please?

Guest Merxury

Appointments and tasks are only shown for the day itself. Any idea how to show more days in advance for appointments and all of tasks? else this will be perfect...

Edited by Merxury

It works and I love it.

I don't want to have a copy of HTC UI otherwise I would have bought a HTC device.

Neither Samsung's original widgets which are terrible.

This is simple, beautiful, practical and light.

A weather tab would be welcome but that's ok.

So just perfect for me.

Thank you very much.

Happy new year to all.

dande

Guest gennyesposito

Also for me it is not possible to change the shortcut; this interface is very clean and I like it, unfortunately without the possibility to change the shortcuts it cannot be a substitute for SPB shell.

Genny

I tried to rename the original jinbox.exe in Windows but it doesn't. I'm intending to overwrite it with SMS-Chat.exe renamed as jinbox.exe.

Any other suggestions please?

I believe u need to overwrite it with totcal commander or something.

Anyway sms-chat.exe doesn't seem to work when run from windows directory.

Guest Octopus1968
i have a "Prob" how can i change the shortcut?

i tried to press and hold - > change but nothing happened.

anyone able to change the shortcut?

thanks

First read this thread, then ask. There are already two answers to this question in this thread (and it currently only has 6 pages, so not much reading required)..

Edited by Octopus1968

Guest ryisamu

hi, just asking if it's my observation only or is it Samsung Today took quite a bit of RAM when being used? I have problem multitasking. Now with it switched off, I have more free RAM and better multitasking.

Guest docfreed

Super application and works well on my Verizon I920. Two questions:

1. How can I remove a shortcut - I can change it but I can't remove it (needed if you want to change order of shortcuts)

2. Any place to get more widgets?

Guest superdarkyaya

Hi !

Scuse for my noob's question :

I've install the cab but i can't find it !! How did you do to make works this theme !?? I've disabled Titanium, looking for in today element, but never found it ...

Can you drive me please friends... :)

Other question : can you give me the french mui ??

Thanks for your reply guys !