Samsung Today

this is so nice, but have a problem in Wm6.5.3, could you solve it??

Screen21.png

see the top.....

Did anyone solved the problem of former screen larger than the SamsungToday's screen as mentioned "See the Top".

Hv been searching but don't seem to be able to find a solution.

Thks for adv.

Guest alexisk

Anyone knows how to change those shortcut icon? Make it bigger or change to other icon set?

Also, I noticed the "vibrate" function on the "Setting" tab does not work.

Thanks

Edited by alexisk

Did anyone solved the problem of former screen larger than the SamsungToday's screen as mentioned "See the Top".

Hv been searching but don't seem to be able to find a solution.

Thks for adv.

Discovered it is only when using cooked ROM the problem of former screen bigger than SamsungToday screen. But when I use the original ROM from Secany JA1, the problem is not there.

Guest Aurelius

Vibrate function on the Setting tab does not work for me too.

And there is no icon for swiching off both vibration and sound.

That is onnly one thing which for me is really missing in this today plugin.

I Added Polish language files (replace similar ones in windows catalogue on O2)

ShortcutPicker.exe.0415.rar

TodayContainer.dll.0415.rar

Edited by Aurelius

Anyone have it working on KSTAN's new firmware? It installed fine but nothing comes up! no today screen or icon :)

Do not fear, by default KSTAN's ROM do not hv anything selected, so you get a blank screen.

Just go into the start menu then choose yr item in today menu.

Guest jharbin
wow. Finally something that works with no fuss on my verizon Omina 2!!!! I love it. THIS is what i have been looking for!!! I got a warning saying it may not work with my version of windows mobile. But i have yet to see anything bad. It all is working nicely.

thank you very much again for your work on this. People like me who cant do this stuff really do appreciate peeps like you!!!

Did you find that the Date display is non-USA format? I know we are backwards, but I'm too old to start working in DD-MM-YY format.

If not, did you do anything to correct it?

Guest Aurelius

As I reported in another topic installing cab (posted above) with this today plugin caused the problem with disappearing wi-fi.

After uninstall of Samsung Today problem is gone.

Spoken too soon my problem with wi-fi is back. This is not Samsung Today then...

Edited by Aurelius

Guest Tendeiro

Hi. I have a problem, both in this cab as in Secany's JA5... ShortcutPicker.exe blows up when I try to change the shortcuts... I am Portuguese and have Portuguese CSC. Tried to change the original exe for this one but they're the same. Even tried to rename portuguese mui (0816) with this one here in the thread. No change at all...

Other thing I've noticed is that vibration doesn't work also.

Guest Tendeiro
tap and hold, then change short cut

Excuse me, Lancez, but does that tip worked for you? Being the file corrupt non working, how can you simply give such wrong answers betting on them?

I have tried the same file in MS WM6.5 SDK and obtained the same problem, a exception caused by wrong actions done by the program such as memory leak, so it's safe to admit that the program ShortcutPicker.exe is dead. In O2 at least it is.

In Secany's new ROMs I saw you giving other wrong info and you even said you were sure about it, namingly the need to hard reset after flash, and I've replied that you were wrong...

So I must ask again: Are you trying to help, or trying just to gain popularity by giving absolute answers that may or may not be correct? Because, in this case, no one searches for a working solution (a working ShortcutPicker.exe, that is) as they might think that it is a problem in their ROM/CSC and not the application.

So, back to the issue at hand: In the next few days I'm going to take a crash course in .net compact framework 3.5 to do a working program. I think that there is a file, ShortcutWidget.exe that selects a shortcut, so it can be used to select the shortcuts in Samsung's UI.

So the plan is this:

- Configurable number of pages in registry (default 3, 12 shortcuts)

- Use of ShortcutWidget.exe (that works B)) to change/add shortcuts

- FINGERFRIENDLY! :D

I'll try to keep in touch about the development, I think it won't take long to develop, only to research how to's :)

Guest angeldown

SamsungToday is included in the latest Secany's ROM J5

No need to additionally install it!

You can only change TodayContainer.dll with custom background.

Edited by angeldown

Guest costipl
Excuse me, Lancez, but does that tip worked for you? Being the file corrupt non working, how can you simply give such wrong answers betting on them?

I have tried the same file in MS WM6.5 SDK and obtained the same problem, a exception caused by wrong actions done by the program such as memory leak, so it's safe to admit that the program ShortcutPicker.exe is dead. In O2 at least it is.

It works for me, i8000 on IL5 rom.

Guest Aurelius
SamsungToday is included in the latest Secany's ROM J5

No need to additionally install it!

You can only change TodayContainer.dll with custom background.

Yeah it is in A5 rom, but vibrate button still dead...

Guest Tendeiro
It works for me, i8000 on IL5 rom.

Can you then please upload both ShortcutPicker.exe and respective .mui? If it does work, it should work anywhere.

It is possible that it is something related to registry... But I would like to give a shot anyway...

Edited by Tendeiro

Guest szijartg
As far as i know it's only photoshopped picture. There's no weather plugin for Samsung Today yet.

this is bad news...

but thx

Edited by szijartg

I can't find out what is happening but after I installed the standalone version of Samsung Today on JA5 AND changed some shortcuts directly in the registry the Shortcut Picker came to start again ?!

Now I removed Samsung Today from Remove Programs and it almost reset my shortcuts while preserving all my other tweaks on it and the shortcut picker continues to work.

So this is my advice: Change some of the shortcuts directly in the registry and after that try to change them by the usual way with long tap on the icons.

The registry key is HKCU\Software\Samsung\Shortcut and further you will find the keys corresponding to the 12 shortcuts (they start from 0 so end in 11 :) )

Guest omar junior
Yes, its fully working. Only thing i couldnt manage to get it to work is the rss panel.

By the way, you can change almost everything (from background, to title text on each panel and alot more) by editing TodayContainerRC and TodayContainer.dll.0409.

Im sure we ll see alot of mods soon. ;)

Here is my TodayContainerRC. Only changed the background for now.

post-611355-1261694540_thumb.png

To install just copy the dll to windows folder and restart samsung today. Dont forget to keep back up!

gchris.rar

Hi gchris7!

How to change the background ? I use PE explorer and change the background for the PNG same dimension and SAVE

when I load the new samsung today not happens... not load.

you did something different? thanks

Guest omar junior
Hi gchris7!

How to change the background ? I use PE explorer and change the background for the PNG same dimension and SAVE

when I load the new samsung today not happens... not load.

you did something different? thanks

when I change the background, appears " the digital signature is not valid " in authenticode signature

how to keep the signature in PE explorer?

Guest jeffrey2000
guys, it has a weather plugin?

like this? http://pic.gsmarena.com/vv/newsimg/09/06/s...smarena_004.jpg

As far as i know it's only photoshopped picture. There's no weather plugin for Samsung Today yet.

this is bad news...

but thx

gsmarena_004.jpgsamsung-b7620-giorgio-armani-04.jpg

Seems like Samsung promotes the phone like this, see the same picture (different date but same values) on the Samsung Armani (B7620).

Maybe it can be ripped from the new Armani Phone or we have to wait for some updated 'samsung today' version.

Maybe Samsung just waits for the official wm6.5.3 to fix it's alignment problems in the top bar and bring it together.

Edited by jeffrey2000

Guest abdelrahim
Hi. I've programmed a new ShortcutPicker.exe to solve the problem with the original file (with those who have the problem choosing new shortcuts).

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...hortcut-picker/ ;)

Have in mind... first version, a bit buggy. :D

Thanks alot...I have been using the application smoothly for one month but today, I found the problem with the shortcutpicker.exe each time when I try to change the shortcut...will try your fix and let you know ....thanks again