Huawei Cupcake Build Environment

Guest _Sebastian_

Guest _Sebastian_

Here is the Build with the last changes. For those who want to help debugging.

So far some applications crash / does not start

Wifi can't be deactivated

I'll try to find a way to get the provisioned bit into the build process. Usualy it should already work. We got the same build.properties like Huawei got ...

http://www.filemonster.net/en/file/14959/U...om-002-zip.html

Guest xangma

I'm getting this on building:

make -C kernel O=../out/target/product/U8220/obj/KERNEL_OBJ ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-eabi- msm7201a-perf_defconfig
Copy: out/target/product/U8220/system/etc/vold.conf
Copy: out/target/product/U8220/root/init.rc
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/xangma/aurora1/kernel'
Copy: out/target/product/U8220/root/init.goldfish.rc
Copy: out/target/product/U8220/root/init.qcom.rc
Copy: out/target/product/U8220/root/init.qcom.sh
Copy: out/target/product/U8220/obj/lib/libui.so
Copy: out/target/product/U8220/obj/lib/librpc.so
Copy: out/target/product/U8220/system/lib/libhardware_legacy.so
target Executable: bootanimation (out/target/product/U8220/obj/EXECUTABLES/bootanimation_intermediates/LINKED/bootanimation)
out/target/product/U8220/obj/lib/libui.so: undefined reference to `android::Parcel::writeNativeHandle(native_handle const&)'
out/target/product/U8220/obj/lib/libui.so: undefined reference to `android::Parcel::readNativeHandle(native_handle* (*)(void*, int, int), void*) const'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [out/target/product/U8220/obj/EXECUTABLES/bootanimation_intermediates/LINKED/bootanimation] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
[/codebox]

Any ideas?

Guest _Sebastian_

Hi xangma,

some additional information would propably help ...

- Which linux distribution and version are you using

- Version of gcc

Oh by the way i need sometimes also 2 or more attemps to build because of faulty files - maybe the VMWare Session ?

Edited by _Sebastian_

Guest _Sebastian_

Just a short info for all the others playing with the build environment. I think we also have to chmod the files in the U8220 directory like the keymappings (as mention some replies before) and add some of huawei's apk files:

Here is some stuff to read:

http://pdk.android.com/online-pdk/guide/telephony.html

http://pdk.android.com/online-pdk/guide/stk.html

I think i won't have time to do anything before friday, but i am sure somebody else will give it a try and report back to the community.

Edited by _Sebastian_

Guest xangma
Hi xangma,

some additional information would propably help ...

- Which linux distribution and version are you using

- Version of gcc

Oh by the way i need sometimes also 2 or more attemps to build because of faulty files - maybe the VMWare Session ?

Ubuntu. And gcc 4.3.1 (I think)

I've run it a couple of times. Will try again later.

Guest Josh04

Mmm, sounds like it's not including frameworks/base/include/utils/Parcel.h for some reason. Make sure frameworks/base/include/ is in the include path I guess?

Guest xangma

Heyyyyy again. I got past that bit with your help thanks.

now however, I have run into this:

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/xangma/aurora1/kernel'
Copy: out/target/product/U8220/system/etc/vold.conf
Copy: out/target/product/U8220/root/init.rc
Copy: out/target/product/U8220/root/init.goldfish.rc
Copy: out/target/product/U8220/root/init.qcom.rc
Copy: out/target/product/U8220/root/init.qcom.sh
Copy: out/target/product/U8220/obj/lib/libaudio.so
Copy: out/target/product/U8220/obj/lib/libcameraservice.so
Copy: out/target/product/U8220/obj/lib/librpc.so
Copy: out/target/product/U8220/system/lib/libhardware_legacy.so
target Executable: mediaserver (out/target/product/U8220/obj/EXECUTABLES/mediaserver_intermediates/LINKED/mediaserver)
out/target/product/U8220/obj/lib/libcamera.so: undefined reference to `android::CameraParameters::getAFMode() const'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [out/target/product/U8220/obj/EXECUTABLES/mediaserver_intermediates/LINKED/mediaserver] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
#
# configuration written to .config
#
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/xangma/aurora1/kernel'
root@Megatron:/home/xangma/aurora1#
[/codebox]

Help?

Guest _Sebastian_

Mmmh you are using mixed libraries getAFMode() is Huawei stuff. Check if libui.so is in the proprietary folder.

Might it be you are not using the latest files from this Topic?

Guest xangma
Mmmh you are using mixed libraries getAFMode() is Huawei stuff. Check if libui.so is in the proprietary folder.

Might it be you are not using the latest files from this Topic?

I get it. So if I just chuck libui.so in the proprietary folder and recompile it should all be gravy right?

Guest _Sebastian_

Should be in the huawei-copy.sh aswell ... otherwise you've got old stuff ... i would recommend to download the latest post in this topic just to ensure you are not missing something else.

Guest xangma
Should be in the huawei-copy.sh aswell ... otherwise you've got old stuff ... i would recommend to download the latest post in this topic just to ensure you are not missing something else.

Ohhh ok. So which is the latest one?

Guest Josh04

I remember getting that exact same compile error, I fixed it by adding a stub function to a file called Camera.h. However, going back I can't find the damn thing, so it must have been superseded at some point by something Sebastian did. So, er, yeah, I'm not help.

Guest _Sebastian_

I didn't had the time to see if we might fix some stuff ... Until now it's just to get at least the core running. And everybody can collect the errors so we can fix them during the fine tuning. But thanks for the pointer Josh, will keep it in mind to take a look at it again ... maybe i might get 1.6 running by this way.

Guest xangma
I remember getting that exact same compile error, I fixed it by adding a stub function to a file called Camera.h. However, going back I can't find the damn thing, so it must have been superseded at some point by something Sebastian did. So, er, yeah, I'm not help.

Damn, that might have been quite useful.

Sebastian, I have completely gotten a new source and built again. I did have the Huawei libui.so in my Proprietary directory but I replaced it with one I found it had created in the source directory somewhere that was 1.2mb because it was giving me loads of build errors. It worked after that, until now. Same build error again (as the one in my last post)

I would like to help with this. I have tried trawling through the forums but can't find instructions on how to get started.

Do I need to get the 1.6 tag from the android GIT repo and apply the changes from the first post? Then execute make to kick off the build?

Any pointers to how to get a build env up appreciated or links to relevant pages with info.

Guest Josh04

The first download on the first page has a readme with the basics, but Android in general is very lacking in clear documentation on how to do anything.

The first download on the first page has a readme with the basics, but Android in general is very lacking in clear documentation on how to do anything.

Just pulled the download - looks informative enough with getting started. l'l give it a go as my main machine is actually a ubuntu (well kubuntu) box. Thanks for the pointer.

Has anyone gotten any further on this? I pulled a 1.6 source from Code Aurora (glazed donut), but as little documentation as Android in general has, Code Aurora has even less - I can't even get the donut system.img working in the emulator, let alone on the Pulse.

Guest _Sebastian_

As far as i can see it won't be easy to go further with the Code Aurora source ... They've got different bootloaders and i can't get it to work with more details and a lot of other new stuff. The main problem for me is the dependency between libui(framework) and libcamera(Huawei). I am still looking for a way to get the 1.6 with the Huawei libs running.

As far as i can see it won't be easy to go further with the Code Aurora source ... They've got different bootloaders and i can't get it to work with more details and a lot of other new stuff. The main problem for me is the dependency between libui(framework) and libcamera(Huawei). I am still looking for a way to get the 1.6 with the Huawei libs running.

Should we get the original code from google instead. I have built that before. It boots ... just with nothing working.

Guest _Sebastian_

The problem are the proprietary files ... we can't get the camera working without the libui.so ... But the libui.so is from the current framework (so it's 1.5), dropping the 1.5 files into 1.6 sounds for me wrong (but i'll give it a try later :) ) , i just give the libcamera2 module from the code aurora source tree a chance

(i know it's for different chipsets but maybe it works aswell)

@xangma as soon the build is done i'll inform you (just getting rid of the last errors)

The problem are the proprietary files ... we can't get the camera working without the libui.so ... But the libui.so is from the current framework (so it's 1.5), dropping the 1.5 files into 1.6 sounds for me wrong (but i'll give it a try later :) ) , i just give the libcamera2 module from the code aurora source tree a chance

(i know it's for different chipsets but maybe it works aswell)

@xangma as soon the build is done i'll inform you (just getting rid of the last errors)

Which build is this?

Guest _Sebastian_

I'll call it FRANKENBUILD :) . It's the donut-plus-aosp branch (1.6) spieced with a lot of files/modules from the Code Aurora donut-frosted branch