Need Advices for Rom Upgrade ?

Guest fxavier95

Guest fxavier95

Hello !

I just received yesterday a new Omnia II but I'm a little bit disapointed, as it is most of the time very slow... I'm new in the WM and Samsung world !

I'm buy it with SFR (a French provider)

PDA : I8000BUII1

CSC : I8000SFRII1

TELEPHONE : I8000XXII1

I read on other topics that upgrade CSC or PHONE could be with some risk. Could you provide me some advice ? wich rom can I use with my configuration ? will it fix those problem (very slow for acceding everythings!) ?

Thank you for all !

FiX

Guest fxavier95

Thank you for your answer ajhvdb.

"Maybe they are slow for you" :

For exemple when I restart the phone it take less than 10 seconds to shutdown.

But to start :

20 seconds with Samsung Omnia II screen, my Provider (SFR) and then Windows Mobile

but then I have a white screen for approximatively 140-150 seconds !!! and then I have the Today screen !

I know that I don't have to restart it a lot but since I had some freeze I restarted like this and I had allways to wait a lot ! Is it normal ?

Edited by fxavier95

Guest carreab
Hello !

I just received yesterday a new Omnia II but I'm a little bit disapointed, as it is most of the time very slow... I'm new in the WM and Samsung world !

I'm buy it with SFR (a French provider)

PDA : I8000BUII1

I read on other topics that upgrade CSC or PHONE could be with some risk. Could you provide me some advice ? wich rom can I use with my configuration ? will it fix those problem (very slow for acceding everythings!) ?

Thank you for all !

FiX

Hi Xavier,

I have the same phone as you (SFR) french, came with the same parts PDA, PHONE AND CSC as you, I had never flash the Phone and scs parts (specialy phone part because SFR phone came SIMLOCKED, so new phone flash may disable the phone function) but only flash the PDA part, Mistly I have tried all ROMS in MODACO including the KOOCKED ones from RD and KHANCHAI( my favourite one) but keep in minde the coocked (custume roms) are only in english, no french, you can try the L5 from secay I think is the most and stable one in offecial roms category,

Good luck

BONNE CHANCE

Edited by carreab

Guest forelli
Hi Xavier,

I have the same phone as you (SFR) french, came with the same parts PDA, PHONE AND CSC as you, I had never flash the Phone and scs parts (specialy phone part because SFR phone came SIMLOCKED, so new phone flash may disable the phone function) but only flash the PDA part, Mistly I have tried all ROMS in MODACO including the KOOCKED ones from RD and KHANCHAI( my favourite one) but keep in minde the coocked (custume roms) are only in english, no french, you can try the L5 from secay I think is the most and stable one in offecial roms category,

Good luck

BONNE CHANCE

Salut Xavier,

this a very good advice! I also have a simlocked O2, and I flashed the PDA part of khuanchai wm 6.5.3 and it works great. Experts (rom cooks) warned about flashing the PHONE and the EBOOT parts: there lies the risk of bricking your phone. So they advised to flash only the PDA part of the phone. Regarding the language, google is your best friend, I've seen some french roms, but i can't remember where, i guess www.htcpedia.com, but there was also a french website.

Bonne chance

forelli

Guest fxavier95

I just updated to the L5 (just the PDA as you said). I had some problem during the upgrade but it solved. I had "bad checksum". I start it again and the same error... I tried it 4 times ! I was a little bit affraid but then I used o2util to convert the MST into NB0 and it instead of charging the *.mst file, I charged the *.nb0 I'd just created => and it Works !

So now I have :

PDA : I8000NXXIL5

and wm 6.5 rev 21883 ! and it works fast !

I started the phone in only 25 seconds (instead of 160 before!!!) and when I click on something I don't have to wait between 1 and 10 seconds anymore !!!

Thank you for advices. I'm very happy and now I can enjoy the phone !

Have a nice day,

FiX