if you cook new ROMs - please support multilanguage

Guest Montgommery

Guest Montgommery

im sure everybody foreign guy here in this wunderfull forum will agree to my request:

if you cook new roms, please try to support multilanguage... OK?

Greetings from Germany.

please excuse my bad english language :c)

Guest forelli
im sure everybody foreign guy here in this wunderfull forum will agree to my request:

if you cook new roms, please try to support multilanguage... OK?

Greetings from Germany.

please excuse my bad english language :c)

sorry to disagree with you: it too much of a work. There was a discussion in Khuanchai wm 6.5.3 thread, here is his answer:

spacer.gif

For those who asked for a multi-language ROM, the main problem is the file to create all start menus is in the Langpack and it will take over that in our customized ROM. It means that your device will have the default Samsung start menus but there will be no programs to run. You have to create all start menus by yourself after flash. That is why we all come up with a single-language ROM.

I think the best bet is to learn and try to make your own language ROM by yourself. Another idea is some people may want to help make selected single-language ROM for any language. In this case, you (for ex, if you want a spanish ROM) have to dump and upload your own ROM (flash with spanish CSC). Then, someone can customize the spanish ROM for you. Don't know who can do this but it needs some effort and time. :)

forelli

Edited by forelli

Guest Montgommery

Im very cheerless to read this. This means all my hope for a new cooked ROM with german language is blowed away, because im not a programmer.

So all further ROM updates are limited to original Samsung ROMs on my side :)

Guest forelli
Im very cheerless to read this. This means all my hope for a new cooked ROM with german language is blowed away, because im not a programmer.

So all further ROM updates are limited to original Samsung ROMs on my side :)

Understand it as it is: it's not that the cooks don't want to do it, it's just that they don't have the possibility now to do it. Maybe in the future. It's already a miracle they could cook roms for the I8000. The good thing is that they're sharing their progress and their tools, so if you try, and ask for help, you can do it, or a friend of yours who understand these things. Last, but not least, Rodrigo speaks spanish and english, Khuanchai speaks thai, maybe chinese, and english. How do you want them to cook a german, greek or french rom? How can they test it, once done, if they don't know the languages? Don't blame them, they're doing their best. Die schuld geht an Samsung, weil sie haben die rom so geschlossen dass es ist sehr schwerig eine custom rom zu erschaffen.

forelli

Guest Chivas610

I don't mind if the roms are english, but I need norwegian xt9 for sms writing. Do the custom roms contain multilanguage xt9, or is there a way to install it?