[THEME] [WM 6.5.x] [AllRes] tacchan23Black theme

Guest tacchan23

Guest tacchan23

NEW VERSION HERE: http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...chan23-edition/

I open this thread to post my varation of the Black theme made for WinMo 6.5.x for our Omnia2.

tacchan23Black

I wanted to use a theme with black background also on the newly ported WM 6.5.3.

So I made a mix of many themes along with some custom made images to get a theme full black with item selectors in blue and some glossy effects.

Details v7:

- WM 6.5.x (but it should/may work also on wm 6.5 other than the bottom bar of course)

- (W)VGA and (W)QVGA

- black blackground

- 7 themes (.tsk) to choose different styles of softkeybar and taskbar (details in the screenshots below):

tacchan23Black 1: complitely black bars without any border with Manila style buttons

tacchan23Black 2: glossy black bars without any border with Manila style buttons

tacchan23Black 3: complitely black bars without any border with "squared taskbar" style buttons

tacchan23Black 4: glossy black bars without any border with "squared taskbar" style buttons

tacchan23Black Bordered1: bordered bars in black

tacchan23Black Bordered2: bordered bars with glossy effect

tacchan23Black Bordered3: same as the above but with different style of bottom bar

Details v7large:

as above but with taller listview selectors (same size as ClassicBlue theme) for extreme finger-firendlyness and also bigger popup menu selector (half way size between ClassicBlue theme and my standard version theme)

Details Add-Ons v7:

- Add-Ons to customize the colors of item selectors, checkboxes and pushed buttons

Colors available: White, WhiteGlossy, Red, RedGlossy, Green, GreenGlossy, BlueGlossy, Azure, AzureGlossy, Aquamarine, AquamarineGlossy, Purple, PurpleGlossy, LightGreen, LightGreenGlossy

- Add-On to restore the default bottom bar icons

- Also available a black skin for the default WinMo DialPad

- Download the Zip file containing all the addons and install the choosen customization cab (need to soft reset or change theme to apply changes)

Changelog:

-v7 and v7large:

Added two new styles of softkeybar buttons: tacchan23Black 3 and tacchan23Black 4

New colored pivot background image (also other colors trough AddOns)

Renamed existing softkeybar themes

Replaced the BordedBar buttons

-v6large:

taller listview selectors (same size as ClassicBlue theme) for extreme finger-firendlyness and also bigger popup menu selector (half way size between ClassicBlue theme and my standard version theme)

-v6:

Modified two of the existing softkeybar with Manila style buttons: "tacchan23Black" and "tacchan23Black Glossy"

Screenshots of v7 softkeybars/themes:

attachment.php?attachmentid=267010&stc=1&d=1231788402

Screenshots of v7:

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=44937

Screenshots of AddOnds v7:

post-576403-1263326063_thumb.jpg

Important:

I don't assume any responsability if you have any problems with it:)

Credits:

kane159 for his black theme I used as base for the black background

m.carroll for his glossy taskbar and softekybar

amarullz for his item selectors and checkbox in blue

Vostradamus for his custom made selector items glossy in blue and up/down arrow background glossy in black and modified m.carroll taskbar

dwizzy130 for the Manila style icons

bilbobrian for the "taskbar" style icons

Special Thanks:

Vostradamus: for being very patient with me and teaching me how to be just a little less noob with graphics^^

Downloads:

Tacchan23_Black_6.5.x_VGA_v7.cab

Tacchan23_Black_6.5.x_VGA_v7large.cab

AddOns VGA http://www.4shared.com/file/200018515/6d7d...ack_VGA_v7.html

Tacchan23_Black_6.5.x_QVGA_v7.cab

AddOns QVGA http://www.4shared.com/file/200021834/1a3c...ck_QVGA_v7.html

Older versions and changelog available in the post below

Tacchan23_Black_6.5.x_VGA_v7.cab

Tacchan23_Black_6.5.x_VGA_v7large.cab

Dark_Dialer_WVGA.cab

post-576403-1263326004_thumb.jpg

post-576403-1263326034_thumb.jpg

Tacchan23_Black_6.5.x_QVGA_v7.cab

Guest tacchan23

Older versions

Changelog:

- Add-Ons to customize the colors of item selectors, checkboxes and pushed buttons

-v5.1:

Modified messagebox image

-v5:

Added two new styles of softkeybar/taskbar: "tacchan23Black Glossy" and "tacchan23 BorderedGlossy2"

Added custom icons for bottom bar

-v4:

From this version, more themes are included in the same cab to choose different styles of softkeybar and taskbar

Added two new styles of softkeybar and taskbar with smaller buttons: "tacchan23Black Bordered" and "tacchan23 BorderedGlossy"

New messagebox title image

-v3:

New smaller size for menu and list item Selectos; now everything is still fingerfriendly but with not so much wasted space

New Scrollbar image and smaller size to get more screen space (while still being actually usable)

New Selectors with rounded edges

New Taskbar and Softkeybar in black

New Pivotbar

Modified Softkeybar buttons to have more contrast over the black softkeybar

- v1small and v2small:

Same differences as v1 and v2, but with smaller item selector in the pop up menu (so that more items can fit the menu)

- v1 and v2:

As in the screenshots below, the only differences are the bottom bar and item selectors

Guest tacchan23
As for tacchan23 wm653 theme, its not good because it has much more space between item in popup menu then really needed for normal using by finger, with this theme we need to do much scrolling in menu with many items in it.

Now that you mentioned it, I agree with you^^

Most of the Themes I found and tried on XDA developers have too much space between items in the popup menu (and the one I used as base for my theme too).

Luckly it was easy to find the registry to modify to make it smaller, now it's the same size of the Classic Blue theme.

Uploaded now the 2 new versions with smaller item selector in the pop up menu

Guest whiskeybro
Now that you mentioned it, I agree with you^^

Most of the Themes I found and tried on XDA developers have too much space between items in the popup menu (and the one I used as base for my theme too).

Luckly it was easy to find the registry to modify to make it smaller, now it's the same size of the Classic Blue theme.

Uploaded now the 2 new versions with smaller item selector in the pop up menu

Please can you share what registry settings needs to be changed/modify to make it smaller

Guest tacchan23
Please can you share what registry settings needs to be changed/modify to make it smaller

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Today\Menu

I don't know exactly which registry is the to be changed.

I just set all the same values as in the classic blue theme .tsk file

Guest forelli
I open this thread to post my varation of the Black theme made for WinMo 6.5.x for our Omnia2.

Very nice job. V2 small seemed designed for me :)

Thanks Tacchan

Guest whiskeybro

Guest Michael Pang

if possible, I really want to the scroll bar make like the attached image.

if you have used RGD LEO rom, the scrollbar is also thin but just white in background.

post-240024-1261905271_thumb.png

I set in my theme this value (in tacchan23's small theme 16 and 10 in dec)

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today\Menu]

"MenuSelectorThemeImageTopPadding"=dword:00000008

"MenuSelectorThemeImageBottomPadding"=dword:00000008

Guest carreab

tacchan23Black

I wanted to use a theme with black background also on the newly ported WM 6.5.3.

So I made a mix of many themes along with some custom made images to get a theme full black with item selectors in blue and some glossy effects.

Details:

- WM 6.5.x only

- WVGA

- black blackground

- v1 and v2: as in the screenshots below, the only differences are the bottom bar and item selectors

- new v1small and v2small: same differences as v1 and v2, but with smaller item selector in the pop up menu (so that more items can fit the menu and it's less likely to have the need to scrolling, while still being finger friendly)

You are the KING of the themes,

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Hi tacchan23, happy new year to all,

I have install your v2small theme but I have two issues with that.

First when I select settings options from the keyboard and try to select a language the listbox extends behind the bellow tabs (XT9 settings etc)

which make it really difficult to select language.

And the second is with the main menu of SKtools (which the majority of the user are using) is completely black as the text color as well the background is black too.

I would appreciated if you could also tell me how can remove the glossy top and bottom bar with plain black.

I really appreciate your hard work.

Thank you very much.

dande

Guest tacchan23
Hi tacchan23, happy new year to all,

I have install your v2small theme but I have two issues with that.

First when I select settings options from the keyboard and try to select a language the listbox extends behind the bellow tabs (XT9 settings etc)

which make it really difficult to select language.

And the second is with the main menu of SKtools (which the majority of the user are using) is completely black as the text color as well the background is black too.

I would appreciated if you could also tell me how can remove the glossy top and bottom bar with plain black.

I really appreciate your hard work.

Thank you very much.

dande

- I don't have the problem with the language listbox (which ROM you are using?)

- newer versions of SKtools fixed the problem with black background, donwload and install newest version

- you have to replace the files softkeybar.png and taskbar.png in \My Documents\Themes\tacchan23black with some black images

Hi tacchan23,

thanks for the info my ROM is PDA J3 and CSC J5.

I changed to another theme and back to yours and then SR and still it's the same.

But seems a bit strange, on connections in advanced tab when you select networks on the screens that you have two option through identical listboxes and underneath two identicals buttons (Edit and New),

on the first on top it works correctly on the second it expands under the buttons?? :)

Thanks in advance

Edited by dande

Guest tacchan23
Hi tacchan23,

thanks for the info my ROM is PDA J3 and CSC J5.

I changes to another theme and back to user SR and steels it's the same.

But seems a bit strange as choosing connections in advanced tab when you select networks on the screens that you have two identical listboxes and underneath two identicals buttons (Edit and New),

on the first on top it works correctly on the second it expands under the buttons?? :)

Thanks in advance

Ehm, this is a theme for wm 6.5.x while your ROM (J3) is the standard wm 6.5

If you want a black theme for wm 6.5, you can try the link to my 6.5 theme in my signature

Guest b7610_fan

I have an extra quesiton,

how do you get those 'buttons' on the bottom screen of your screenshot ?

and the nice 'top-bar-icons' in your screenshot? wich program / or shell is that ?

I also changed these to normal value's, next to the menu paddings...

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Today\ListView

ListViewSelectorThemeImageTopPadding = 8

ListViewSelectorThemeImageBottomPadding = 8

really nice theme. I have searched a long time for a nice professional theme.

Guest alvinkh

hmm tacchan bro, nice work ;P

however i got my sk tool words and background all become black. anyway to change the words for sktools to other color?

Guest tacchan23
hmm tacchan bro, nice work ;P

however i got my sk tool words and background all become black. anyway to change the words for sktools to other color?

need to download Sktools newer version. they fixed the problem with black background