O2Compass and O2Flash

Guest Rapid81
Wait.... 3.3 is available ?

That's right. :( read the first post for further informations. Sorry, I forgot to mention it here. :(

Edited by Rapid81

Guest schildpad

Rapid, thanks for the great application. Almost everything works perfect on my B7610, only:

- The light sensor ain't working, the value is always 0 lux

- Sliding out the qwerty keyboard causes a crash of O2Compass

A working light sensor is very usefull for me. I hope you can fix this.

Rapid, thanks for the great application. Almost everything works perfect on my B7610, only:

I confirm

Edited by ninjaw

Guest Rapid81

A working light sensor is very usefull for me. I hope you can fix this.

Did you tried with flashlight? Light on the sensor.

What's the error message what's the application pops up when crash? I need to know, otherwise I can't help. If you see a white window only then select the texts in it.

Standard 6.5 crash for me (yeah I just upgraded my phone with SFR 6.5 update) but a second time, it kinda worked : screen has been rotated, but useless, and i could rotate it backward correctly ... I guess you should forbid this if you can.

Guest Rapid81
Standard 6.5 crash for me (yeah I just upgraded my phone with SFR 6.5 update) but a second time, it kinda worked : screen has been rotated, but useless, and i could rotate it backward correctly ... I guess you should forbid this if you can.

And the version 3.21 did not crashed when you slide out the keyboard? Nothing so special in the new version, just the light sensor and some minor stuffs. I don't know how to forbid the screen rotation right now, but I will look into it. Anyway, I need to know what is the error message when the O2Compass crash.

told you, the same error I got in every other crash : Unexpected error I can't remember in previous version if that happened, however, It took me ages to get that error again, it mostly worked fine with a rotated midscreen and some bad gfx on the right side

I have 0lux all teh time maybe i dont understand what to do to detect light ?

ps: i'll up your file in 3hours

Guest Rapid81
told you, the same error I got in every other crash : Unexpected error I can't remember in previous version if that happened, however, It took me ages to get that error again, it mostly worked fine with a rotated midscreen and some bad gfx on the right side

I have 0lux all teh time maybe i dont understand what to do to detect light ?

ps: i'll up your file in 3hours

From unexpected error I can't determine the cause. Did not seen any "Details" button to get more details on the crash?

In an ordinary room with ordinary lightment the sensor sense almost nothing (0 lux). Try to light on the light sensor with a flashlight or hold close to lamp. Your light sensor is on the phones front, upper from the screen, like on the picture.

post-624700-1267291406_thumb.jpg

Guest schildpad

About the light sensor:

I used a bright lightsource to test it, but the value didn't change

About the crash when sliding out the keyboard:

I can not reproduce the crash anymore, and can't remember the exact message I got. I don't know of this happend in previous versions, it was kind of an exident that I slided the keyboard out during playing with your app. Perhaps it's an idea to disable rotating for this application because the layout is not usable in landscape mode.

I confirm, I tried everything but no lux change, guess we found a difference with omnia 2 !

However I only noticed a light detection on that phone, during a call.

Guest Rapid81
About the light sensor:

I used a bright lightsource to test it, but the value didn't change

About the crash when sliding out the keyboard:

I can not reproduce the crash anymore, and can't remember the exact message I got. I don't know of this happend in previous versions, it was kind of an exident that I slided the keyboard out during playing with your app. Perhaps it's an idea to disable rotating for this application because the layout is not usable in landscape mode.

I will search for a solution for it, the rotation forbidding. I can't found a word for first search. :(

The light sensor worked for you with any other application? Or with the automatic screen brightness setting? SSBubLevel? That's use the light sensor either. If that's not works too, then maybe something wrong in the Samsung's SDK.

Try to remove the SDK if it's installed. If that's not work, then install the 2.1 and remove the samsungskd_2.dll from the O2Compass' installation directory. I just can tell hints to you, because I have i8000.

Guest Rapid81
I confirm, I tried everything but no lux change, guess we found a difference with omnia 2 !

However I only noticed a light detection on that phone, during a call.

During call, when you put the phone to your ear and the screen shuts down, that's not the light sensor. That's the proximity sensor.

Another question:

On B7610, can you disable the screen rotation when you slide out the keyboard? If yes then maybe I can use that to disable it when the O2Compass runs in the foreground.

Edited by Rapid81

Guest schildpad
The light sensor worked for you with any other application? Or with the automatic screen brightness setting? SSBubLevel? That's use the light sensor either. If that's not works too, then maybe something wrong in the Samsung's SDK.

Try to remove the SDK if it's installed. If that's not work, then install the 2.1 and remove the samsungskd_2.dll from the O2Compass' installation directory.

Sensor is working fine with automatic backlight setting and also using the lcd-test I see the value of the light sensor change between range 1 - 15 (values 0 - 65535). Another value that is on this testscreen is a value between 0 and 1000, I guess this is a percentage of received light (1000 is max light, 0 is no light)

I tested it with the 2.1 sdk but there is no difference. Tomorrow I will try it with the 2.2 sdk.

Another question:

On B7610, can you disable the screen rotation when you slide out the keyboard? If yes then maybe I can use that to disable it when the O2Compass runs in the foreground.

I now that it's possible to dissable the g-sensor for applications that use that to go to landscape, but I haven't found anything about the rotation when sliding the qwerty keyboard.

Guest Rapid81
Sensor is working fine with automatic backlight setting and also using the lcd-test I see the value of the light sensor change between range 1 - 15 (values 0 - 65535). Another value that is on this testscreen is a value between 0 and 1000, I guess this is a percentage of received light (1000 is max light, 0 is no light)

Then maybe something with the SDK. Try to delete the samsungsdk_2.dll from the O2Compass application directory. Then install the 2.1 or 2.2 and try. I don't know. :(

Guest skoda60

Thank rapid81 it worked on my JB1 Omnia2. The functions were a good combination which fully utilised the inbuild hardware's features. I notice you done a good optimised job, so now it used up less then 3mb where V3.21 need 6mb+. You and Chainfire made Omnia2 a great phone. Cheer!

GPS implememtation which provides the basic function and quite satisfied with it. If I need more advance function I will used cachemate instead.

Donation sent!

Edited by skoda60

Guest nizar445

@rapid81

I think it’s just us Omnia Pro B7610 owners being unlucky this time, yea the light sensor is not working. But anyway, this still the best application that I have ever used in my Omnia Pro B7610, great job man, keep it up, thank you. :(

@All

Just wondering if someone have a cab file for this sdk file (smi_wm_std_sdk_redist_2_0_0) and can upload it here? Thanks in advanced. :(

Guest schildpad

Today I tested it with samsungs 2.2 sdk, but the light sensor didn't work unfortunately. I installed SSBubLevel to test the light sensor on my b7610 but also with that program it didn't work. I'm happy that all other functions works perfect on a b7610, keep up the good work raped81.