O2Compass and O2Flash

Guest Rapid81
Hi Rapid81....

....How about adding a "ToDo" list somewhere in your first post, just to stop folks from making repeat requests and to let us happy users know what goodies you have in mind for us. :)

Great idea. ;)

Update:

I did it. See at #1 post.

Edited by Rapid81

Guest mistersfr
This is a whole new app, programmed in Visual Basic. The 1.1 was programmed in VC++.

You really close the app or just minimize it?

hello and a big thank for this app, beautifull and usefull :)

just a little question, i would like to start to develop apps for my phone and i know visual basic, can you give me some link to start programming with VB for a phone ?

best regards

Guest Rapid81
the flash light doesnt work for me....verizon omnia 2 i920...do i need to install it on my device? cuz i installed it on my storage.

Doesn't matter where you install it. The compass working?

Or maybe you have the exact same problem like dickdick. Try to download it again and reinstall. maybe you downloaded the wrong version what I was uploaded at the first.

Edited by Rapid81

Guest dickdick
Not draw 8, shake the phone in an 8 shape motion.

haha,

i think it is better to have youtube to show how this motion do.

but this coompass isn't like the one buildin the phone.

the buildin one will change the direction of pointing,

while this one always fixed to pointing one direction,although i dont know whether it's north or not. HAHA

Thanks again for your great compass and happy twenty-ten~

Guest Rapid81
Compass works great, but flashlight does not :) I'm using winmo 6.5 IL5. Softreset and reinstall doesn't help.

Redownload? Maybe you downloaded the wrong version yesterday 11:30 to 14:00

Guest rohinsadh1

Does it work with Omnia 1900?

Installed it but the cabliration did not happen & the compass image was too large due to resolution. Seems it is made for Omnia2

Guest Snow02

Works great for me on the i920. Finally the flashlight functions properly and doesn't leave an open process on program close. As others have posted, I can't seem to get the shake motion right to get it to calibrate, but it seems to function accurately nonetheless.

Guest Rapid81
Does it work with Omnia 1900?

Installed it but the cabliration did not happen & the compass image was too large due to resolution. Seems it is made for Omnia2

Yes, this is for Omnia 2 (O2Compass). The i900 does not have any compass hardware at all.

Hi it says install insuccessful on my Omnia II official 6.5 and B7610 Official 6.1. am i missing something??

Where did you installed? Storage card, device? Because the program needs ~5MB free space.

Edited by Rapid81

Guest damienloh

Downloaded the v2

The calibration bar only able to reach 60% and did not move furthur.

The compass needle does not fixed at 1 position, like the Samsung one.

Guest Rapid81
Downloaded the v2

The calibration bar only able to reach 60% and did not move furthur.

The compass needle does not fixed at 1 position, like the Samsung one.

Do the calibration to the end, don't give up. It will reaches the end, just not under 10 seconds. It's not up to me, it's up to you and how you're doing the calibration and of course up to Samsung. The full calibration from 0% to 100% takes about 30-60 seconds, at least for me.

Update: I just did a calibration. It takes 34 seconds from 0% to 100%.

Other:

I managed to receive the GPS's data. I will add it to the new version.

post-624700-1262443698_thumb.png

Edited by Rapid81

Guest jpenman

i still cant get the flash to work....ive redownloaded a bunch of times and it doesnt work...the compass works great but the flash doesnt at al

Guest dwallersv

Gang, calibration is a 3-axis process, not a matter of shaking. You can calibrate the fastest by rotating the phone in all three spatial axes -- hold the phone and roll your hand around at the wrist making sure the phone goes through at least 180deg in each axis, the larger the angular change the better

I can calibrate it in about 15 seconds this way.

The point of calibration for this device is actually really cool... the compass combines 3D orientation data from the accelerometers with flux-gate magnetic field strength data to determine field direction even when the device is not in the same plane as the field lines. This allows the compass to be quite accurate without the phone having to be held level.

During calibration, the device is looking for the peaks and troughs of the magnetic field strength as it rotates through the three spatial axes. If it was mechanically possible with your hand, ideal calibration would be to simply rotate it through 360deg on each axis in turn.

BTW, this is why calibration goes in 33% chunks -- basically, when it's calibrated each axis, you get another 33% of completion.

Guest damienloh

I shaked the Omnia II like mad for 20 minutes LOL

Thanks to dwallersv. The compass got callibrated after 1 minutes. The needle is fixed at 1 direction.

Guest Rapid81
i still cant get the flash to work....ive redownloaded a bunch of times and it doesnt work...the compass works great but the flash doesnt at al

Did you downloaded from the locations in #1 post or just "redownloaded" the same?

Try from here or here.

The flashlight need to work. I know about problems of the compass in different firmwares, but not the flashlight.

Future version update:

I can solved the multiple pages dilemma. :) The next version will have 2 or more pages to GPS data, options and others.

Edited by Rapid81

Guest jpenman
Did you downloaded from the locations in #1 post or just "redownloaded" the same?

Try from here or here.

The flashlight need to work. I know about problems of the compass in different firmwares, but not the flashlight.

Future version update:

I can solved the multiple pages dilemma. :) The next version will have 2 or more pages to GPS data, options and others.

i tried it all... i tried installing to device and my storage and the flashlight just doesnt work...compass works great tho