O2Compass and O2Flash

Guest AndrewTan
Here's the review what I was mentioned. This is not all of the features. Some are missing from the video, and some are waiting for more developing. :)

I'm started to studying Direct3D on WinMo. It's a little bit complicated, but not too much. If I achieve any progress in it, I'll let you know. :)

Great job, awaiting on it :)

Guest Rapid81

I was created an easier skinchange method in the new version and a new alternative skin :). I will make a full tutorial to the skin creation with screenshots, just I don't know where I'll put it. :)

I'm trying to achieve something in DirectDraw, but with not too much success. The code is working in the Emulator, but not on the Phone. This will be a way much longer process than I was expected. The original idea stays in the app for now. Right now, I'm working on a fancier appearance of some pages... Then, it will be released.

Edited by Rapid81

I was created an easier skinchange method in the new version and a new alternative skin :). I will make a full tutorial to the skin creation with screenshots, just I don't know where I'll put it. B)

I'm trying to achieve something in DirectDraw, but with not too much success. The code is working in the Emulator, but not on the Phone. This will be a way much longer process than I was expected. The original idea stays in the app for now. Right now, I'm working on a fancier appearance of some pages... Then, it will be released.

hey rapid, i found some sort of a bug. when the phone is facing downwards, the compass will be pointing to the wrong direction.

Edited by paxith

Guest Rapid81
hey rapid, i found some sort of a bug. when the phone is facing downwards, the compass will be pointing to the wrong direction.

And why do you want looking a compass when you're laying on your back? :) Try that with an ordinary compass. It will not works either.

And why do you want looking a compass when you're laying on your back? :) Try that with an ordinary compass. It will not works either.

we were just playing with the compass and comparing it with the iPhone compass. the iPhone compass works perfectly even if facing downwards.

Guest asus535

There is something about strange in i8000 compared to i900

Storage Card is really faster than "My Storage", if you have a good micro-SDHC

Already discussed:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...c/#entry1097660

storage card should be much slower than my storage so that it's the slowest, moreover i think that this has nothing to do with the speed..

Guest Rapid81
we were just playing with the compass and comparing it with the iPhone compass. the iPhone compass works perfectly even if facing downwards.

The answer is very simple: the hardware is different.

I was tested it too. The difference between facing upward and downward approximately 10-15 degrees. I think the Samsung did not designed it for facing down usage.

Edited by Rapid81

Guest Dido San
The answer is very simple: the hardware is different.

I was tested it too. The difference between facing upward and downward approximately 10-15 degrees. I think the Samsung did not designed it for facing down usage.

The steps is just too complicated. Anyway, I still can't figure out on how to get the .NET to install on a WinMO 6.5?

Please do guide.

Guest Rapid81
The steps is just too complicated. Anyway, I still can't figure out on how to get the .NET to install on a WinMO 6.5?

Please do guide.

Download the .NET Compact Framework 3.5.

XP:

Install Activesync

Vista-Win7:

Install Windows Mobile Device Center

Install the CF to the PC. After that, it will ask you to plug your phone to the computer. Set the USB mode to activesync. And voilá...

Compass and flashlight work on my Omnia pro.

Fantastic. Works great on B7610.

I confirm, this works great on Omnia Pro B7610 (2.0 on 6.1), maybe you could mention it

Guest Rapid81
I confirm, this works great on Omnia Pro B7610 (2.0 on 6.1), maybe you could mention it

I mentioned it in the first post.

The Omnia Pro and i920 has built-in GPS? If not, then I need to make an on/off switch to it in the new version.

Edited by Rapid81

I mentioned it in the first post.

The Omnia Pro and i920 has built-in GPS? If not, then I need to make an on/off switch to it in the new version.

Thank you very much, yes Samsung Omnia Pro B7610 got built in A-GPS, compass & accelerometer

Guest Rapid81
Thank you very much, yes Samsung Omnia Pro B7610 got built in A-GPS, compass & accelerometer

I don't know about how the A-GPS works. It is working on serial port with MS intermediate GPS driver? The LocateMe app working on it? If yes, then O2Compass will works either.

Guest Rapid81

I've done a little code optimization. :) I was thrown out ~400 lines of code. B) I'm near to the end. Some testing with the waypoint stuff and it's done.

Edited by Rapid81

Guest Georgeee
I've done a little code optimization. :) I was thrown out ~400 lines of code. :D I'm near to the end. Some testing with the waypoint stuff and it's done.

Great news B) Already 2.0 version is fantastic! Can´t wait for the new version.. By the way, what number will have this release? 2.5? 3.0?...

Edited by Georgeee

Guest Rapid81
Great app, Rapid!

I was wondering though, if you wouldn't also mind sharing your nice taskbar as well. ;)

I'm using the m6TaskBar from here and the Bluetooth notify icon too, but it's a little modded. I was put a far better wait cursor in it. I'm attached my version of the TaskBar.

m6_Taskbar_WM6.5_Color_V11c_Vista.cab

Edited by Rapid81

Guest nizar445

Thank you very much man, O2Compass v2.0 was the best application that I had on my Omnia Pro B7610 and I really look forward to have the new version of it ;) .

BTW: Thanks a lot for sharing your mod. taskbar it looks so cool on my B7610. :D

Guest Rapid81
Rapid,

any chance for a skin like Duttys digital compass???

I tried this app on my O2... it installs fine but gives a "Not valid trusted certificate error"....

If may you can start this, then will not work, because the O2 has a different hardware and SDK.

About the skin:

I will provide you a full tutorial with screenshots to the new release so you can make it if you want. But I have one request: Share it! ;)

Edited by Rapid81