SCH-i920 app installation

Guest tedkord

I've read a couple of comments from O2 owners here in the US that they can only install apps to My Device, which severely limits the number/size of applications you can use. I install nearly all apps to My Storage on my Omnia. I've not read anyone refuting this limitation.

Is it true?

I'm looking hard at the Omnia II, but this would really make me hesitate. I'd really need that 8GB My Storage for programs.

Guest dwallersv

It's a complete fiction. You can install apps to any storage location -- so long as the cab doesn't restrict it, and very few do.

I have an i920 (Verizon Omnia II), and have almost all my apps installed on My Storage. Even apps like SPB Mobile Shell that force installation to Main Storage can be successfully moved to My Storage or an SD card after installation with a tool like SK Tools.

• 2 months later...
Guest Ryan N

I am loking into getting the Omnia 2 i920 for Verizon. I just read your post about the storage issue someone had. Will i be able to Download Apps and then save them to my card, or the pre installed 8 gig storage. Will the Apps be able to open from the 8 gig installed or from a memory card. Also what is the My storage that the Omnia i920 has is that the RAM. I want to buy the phone but from reading other posts people say that they have 2 Apps installed and now they cant text or anuthing cause they dont have any more room left. That sounds like it doesnt even make sense. If someone could help me out with this it would be great. thanks

It's a complete fiction. You can install apps to any storage location -- so long as the cab doesn't restrict it, and very few do.

I have an i920 (Verizon Omnia II), and have almost all my apps installed on My Storage. Even apps like SPB Mobile Shell that force installation to Main Storage can be successfully moved to My Storage or an SD card after installation with a tool like SK Tools.