in this video gsenser and 3d carousel and 3d email/sms also working smooth

link

can somone able to find out how he did that

thanks

sorry for my bad english

hi friends...

i m omnia (i900) owner

and going to purchase omnia 2 (i8000)

before purchase it, i want to ask few qus. to omnia 2 owner... (plz help me)

1. does it has animated screen rotation (through accelrometer) like omnia ???

2. dose it has today 2 & today 1 just like omnia ???

3. dose it has dialer screen lock when making a call just like omnia???

4. i hv seen new samsung pop up menu (just like htc's devices has )is it working on whole interface or its just working on samsung made application????

5. htc task manager working on it or not??????

6. can we use any other theme then original black one(like windows mobile default theme)????

7. 3d carusel(spb mobile shell 3.5.3) working in 3d mode or not????

8. battery life how many day in normal use????

thanks

Edited by amitsharma.atc

Guest Ender Psp
hi friends...

i m omnia (i900) owner

4. i hv seen new samsung pop up menu (just like htc's devices has )is it working on whole interface or its just working on samsung made application????

6. can we use any other theme then original black one(like windows mobile default theme)????

thanks

Hey mate. I don't have or had an Omnia 1, but I can try to respond from my experience:

1. Basically, no. It does when you enter sms and if you install certain apps. It does work in Touch Player (the default player)

2. It has 3 today screens, on which you can put widgets.

3. The proximity sensor blanks the screen when it senses your face is close to the phone in order to avoid mistyping.

4. On the whole interface. It is skinned over WM.

5. Not directly. Works if you remove TouchWiz and all Samsung interface. The supplied Task Manager is better than HTC's imho.

6. You can use specific themes.

7. - (no ideea)

8. Playing several hours a day 2-3 days. Standby >10 days. Normal daily usage, at least 7 days. Battery is really good.

Guest wookash.p

1. no animation - but new rom's have enabled screen rotation in most apps.

4. I'm not sure what you (or my predecessor) mean - there is a slightly different pop-up menu in samsung apps, but when you go deeper into the system there's something else (i'm not really sure if that is standard winmo or somewhat modified too)

6. you practically have to - the black theme renders some of 3rd party apps virtually unusable (black font on black background).

7. working well

Guest Ender Psp
4. I'm not sure what you (or my predecessor) mean - there is a slightly different pop-up menu in samsung apps, but when you go deeper

I think he was asking about the TouchWiz UI. That is skinned over WM. You can disable it, in a way it is a Samsung app, but in fact it's more than that.

Guest tacchan23
6. you practically have to - the black theme renders some of 3rd party apps virtually unusable (black font on black background).

Have been using a black theme since I got my Omnia2 on August

Guest nhatdung2
Have been using a black theme since I got my Omnia2 on August

you should NOT buy ominia 2 this time

wait windows 7 mobile release and buy one phone with windows mobile 7 :)

Guest tacchan23
you should NOT buy ominia 2 this time

wait windows 7 mobile release and buy one phone with windows mobile 7 ;)

maybe he wants a phone now and not after one year? :)

Guest touchflo
hi friends...

i m omnia (i900) owner

thanks

1.u can install app that will rotate through accelerometer

2.it has 3 today screen with widgets

3.screen will turn off when placed by ear

4.its skinned some samsung apps and some windmo apps.u can disable all skinning and go back to default wm skin

5.yes i have htc taskmanager working

6.yes u can

7.dunno

8.battery life amazing,better than any other of my phones. iphone,touch pro,touch pro2,tytn2,diamond,samsung jack,all have to charge after 1 day. omnia 2 i use same for 3 days

• 2 months later...
Guest amitsharma.atc

hi again friends...

one of my friend here ( nhatdung2 ) advised me to wait till windows mobile 7 release

and now win mo 7 has released and i m not personally interested to purchase

so once again i m thinking to purchase omnia 2

i compared it with htc hd 2

and i think omnia 2 is better then htc hd2

1. AMOLED screen

2. inbuilt 8 gb memory

3. front camera for video call (i need it)

4. 1500 mah battery

5. many new applications made by samsung (call log, clock, phone book, file manager, sms & email app. media cube, xvid player etc.)

6. cpu is 800 mzh quite fast

so there are few more thing i want to ask to omnia 2 owners

1. now spb mobile shell new ver. 3.5.3 has release so is 3d carusel working in 3d mode or not like sms and email 3d mode????

2. htc task manager icon working with spb mobile shell or not????

thats it

thanks

sorry for my bad english

Guest Vostradamus
hi again friends...

one of my friend here ( nhatdung2 ) advised me to wait till windows mobile 7 release

1. AMOLED screen

2. inbuilt 8 gb memory

4. 1500 mah battery

5. many new applications made by samsung (call log, clock, phone book, file manager, sms & email app. media cube, xvid player etc.)

1. now spb mobile shell new ver. 3.5.3 has release so is 3d carusel working in 3d mode or not like sms and email 3d mode????

thats it

thanks

sorry for my bad english

3d carousel is working in 3d mode, but "partially"... I mean: it's 3d as you can see the panels on the back while rotating it and so on, but the g-sensor part which should make it tilt while tilting the phone does not seem to worl.

Personal advice: turn 3d off at once in mobile shell... even if it's (partially) working, it's choppy and laggy as hell (not to mention that the carousel is 100% useless, but that's a matter of personal taste) <_<

Guest speedfrog
hi again friends...

1. AMOLED screen

2. inbuilt 8 gb memory

4. 1500 mah battery

thats it

thanks

sorry for my bad english

my adivice is to but the htc desire

-it has AMOLED screen

-a 8gb micro sd card in the box

-doesnt know if it has video call

-a 1400 mah battery

-a 1000mzh cpu

i have the omnia ii, its a very nice phone, but it has just 256 ram, and htc desire has 576 ram.

Guest babyjosef17

I am a previous Omnia I user and for me buying the Omnia II does make me feel I have upgraded the phone. Points that I liked were the big screen, vivid color due to AMOLED, Better touch screen than Omnia I, better touch reponsiveness compared to Omnia I, Better still camera than Omnia I, Way way way better video camera than Omnia I, Much easier UI out of the box due to the skinning of windows apps, and for windows 6.5, having the touchUI disabled out of the box access to the 6.5 honeycomb menu.

The rest are the thing we can do on our Omnia I which we can still do in Omnia II, fully customizable, can install cabs, can change UI to what ever you like.

The cons are still the same as the previous Omnia I. Not a good device for gaming. Sluggish, slow If you compare to other smartphones. Internet browsing though improve still not very functional. (unbearable if you came from a device with superior web browsing) and pretty much what you read here in the forums. Low memory. Apps closing is now solved but will still be a problem out of the box.

What I don't like with this phone that the previous omnia does not have. Closing media player when running camera. Closing other media players when you want to run windows media or touch player.

Other than that, it was well worth the update during the time I purchased the phone. November 2009

Having said the things above. I must also share that during those time, HTC HD2 (selling point for me 4.3 screen), Google Nexus One(selling point for me. andriod, amoled, fast), was not yet out.

As a previous user of Omnia I, of which I have not experienced AMOLED yet during those times. I might have out to buy other phones if those two were already available.

Although if you ask me now, I will never ever buy whatever touch screen phone if it's not AMOLED. Once you AMOLED, you can't go back. So this is a good advice for you who is not yet used an AMOLED phone.

Guest amitsharma.atc
3d carousel is working in 3d mode, but "partially"... I mean: it's 3d as you can see the panels on the back while rotating it and so on, but the g-sensor part which should make it tilt while tilting the phone does not seem to worl.

Personal advice: turn 3d off at once in mobile shell... even if it's (partially) working, it's choppy and laggy as hell (not to mention that the carousel is 100% useless, but that's a matter of personal taste) <_<

actually i m using spb mobile shell as main ui on omnia... if omnia 2 doesn't run 3d carousel and 3d sms/email...which i hv seen on spb mobile shell site

then is there any other tweak or just hv to wait for any other updated ver.???

Can some one plz post me screenshot of 3d carousel and sms/email so that i can see how i'll look on omnia 2

thanks in advance

Edited by amitsharma.atc

Guest amitsharma.atc

hi guys i hv seen a video on you tube

link

thanks

sorry for my bad english

Guest amitsharma.atc

link

thanks

sorry for my bad english

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Det.Terry

link

thanks

sorry for my bad english

yeah, it's possible to run spb 3d carousel like in the video. I tried it myself. You just have to get the OpenGLES driver from this forum (do a search, it's very easy to find). then for the animation to run smoothly, set the performance in the power option to high. There, should work.

But seriously though, I wish I had bought HD2 instead. AMOLED is undoubtedly better than others LCDs but HD2 has so much more potential and it does NOT lag like O2 does sometimes. Plus i'm a power user so i tends to install a lot of stuff and testing many apps, which is not something you should do with O2. Well, but if you want to use video call then, HD2 might not be a good option for you.

Good luck finding the one you like.

Edit: oh, i forgot, in order for G-sensor to work in Carousel, you have to get the HTCSensor.dll and copy it to your windows dir. After i did this, app that uses HTC G-sensor like GAlarm works on my O2.

Cheers.

Edited by Det.Terry