Verizon i920 Upgrade

Guest jharbin

Interesting.

My upgrade went flawlessly but as noted in my original post, I don't know if anything has changed.

I hope I don't need to upgrade again once the new file is released. I guess we need to keep an eye on the numbers...

Guest Ceed19
all that ended up changing was the phone part...the pda and csc stayed the same

does it allow you to use 3rd party phone applications?

if you disable the samsung dialer and caller ID, does the phone button still work?

Guest jharbin
does it allow you to use 3rd party phone applications?

if you disable the samsung dialer and caller ID, does the phone button still work?

Sorry I can't answer - I don't use 3rd party dialers. However I haven't noticed anything different in the operation yet.

Guest jharbin

I have noticed one change.

Whenever the phone displays a list of available images (like when selecting an image for the lock screen) it searches the whole phone. It previously only searched the pictures folders - at least on my phone.

Guest Snow02
I have noticed one change.

Whenever the phone displays a list of available images (like when selecting an image for the lock screen) it searches the whole phone. It previously only searched the pictures folders - at least on my phone.

Nope, that's not a change. It's always done that. You have to use the excluded folders registry add to prevent it from searching folders you don't want it to.

Guest jharbin
Nope, that's not a change. It's always done that. You have to use the excluded folders registry add to prevent it from searching folders you don't want it to.

That might have been normal for yours, but I've had two Verizon Omnia II i920 phones and hard reset both a dozen times each while testing different software combinations and every time I did a hard reset the images that were found were only from the pictures folders (on phone and storage card). Now that I did the "upgrade" that has changed. I know there is a registry change to prevent searching all the folders but I never needed to use it. Now I need to find the registy setting so I can remove some folders from the search.

Edited by jharbin

Guest jharbin

I have discovered another issue with the "upgrade". I have lost the Data Connection several times and have had to go into Settings-General-Wireless Manager and turn Data Connection OFF and have it reconnect.

This prevents me from getting email which is a big problem because this is a business phone.

I hope this has something to do with why they pulled the "upgrade" and that it will be fixed later.

Has anyone else who managed to do the "upgrade" experienced this problem or is it just me?

Guest Snow02
That might have been normal for yours, but I've had two Verizon Omnia II i920 phones and hard reset both a dozen times each while testing different software combinations and every time I did a hard reset the images that were found were only from the pictures folders (on phone and storage card). Now that I did the "upgrade" that has changed. I know there is a registry change to prevent searching all the folders but I never needed to use it. Now I need to find the registy setting so I can remove some folders from the search.

HKLM\Software\TecAce\Photoalbum\ExcludedFolders

Add sequentially numbered keys as string values that are the folder paths you want excluded.

Guest surgex
I have discovered another issue with the "upgrade". I have lost the Data Connection several times and have had to go into Settings-General-Wireless Manager and turn Data Connection OFF and have it reconnect.

This prevents me from getting email which is a big problem because this is a business phone.

I hope this has something to do with why they pulled the "upgrade" and that it will be fixed later.

Has anyone else who managed to do the "upgrade" experienced this problem or is it just me?

failroad.jpg

All aboard the Samsung failroad!

FYI to everyone else; I would hold off on doing this upgrade...

Guest Omega Ra
failroad.jpg

All aboard the Samsung failroad!

FYI to everyone else; I would hold off on doing this upgrade...

failtrain-1.jpg

I am sure they took it back down for a reason, we'll see if it goes back up today...

Edited by Omega Ra

Guest jharbin
failtrain-1.jpg

I am sure they took it back down for a reason, we'll see if it goes back up today...

I'm not normally an early adopter. I guess I need to go back to my old, non-bleeding edge ways.

Guest Omega Ra
I'm not normally an early adopter. I guess I need to go back to my old, non-bleeding edge ways.

yeah I tend to wait it out ans see what people say before I jump in when it comes to my phone...

Guest dwallersv

This will open the door to cooking, though, and just one month after release of the phone. We waited a long time afte the 910 before we could cook.

Guest Omega Ra
This will open the door to cooking, though, and just one month after release of the phone. We waited a long time afte the 910 before we could cook.

that is very true. and I remember how exciting it was when that beta ROM was leaked and how things went nuts after that :)

Guest jharbin
Downloading now - maybe they've removed the dependency on ActiveSync. If not, I'm going to update it from work tomorrow.

If you do, post the rev numbers so we can compare...

Guest Omega Ra
does anyone know what its for now?.... i know it says update to ck24...

I am downloading now...one thing I am wondering...will it blank out My Storage when I do it? I heard when you hard reset from the setting menu it blanks out My storage...that is where my Igo is and that is a big file to transfer back in again...

Guest josephsmodaco
I am downloading now...one thing I am wondering...will it blank out My Storage when I do it? I heard when you hard reset from the setting menu it blanks out My storage...that is where my Igo is and that is a big file to transfer back in again...

yeah i was wondering the same thing... i was thinking it would flash the device..