Future android update to 2.0 or 2.1

Guest Daniel Williamson

Is it possible for someone to custom make a 2.0 ROM or do you need something from the manufacturer?

As far as I know, we have everything we need. It's just the skill, expertise, time, precision and knowledge that's preventing us. So not much.

Guest Bendolfc

More likely, it's been a surprise for them the way it's sold and undermined other phones they sell. It also seems to have gone from the contract section as well now.

In reality, they dropped a bollock on this one selling it too cheaply.

Guest Calamity James

If this really is the case then I'm glad I got one when I did! I only got it cos I've got loads left on my 18+3 month contract!

Although, if that means no Android 1.6/2.0/2.1 then I guess I'll just have to wait till my contract's up with Orange in June, hopefully they'll have the Nexus One by then, or some other high-end Android!

If this really is the case then I'm glad I got one when I did! I only got it cos I've got loads left on my 18+3 month contract!

Although, if that means no Android 1.6/2.0/2.1 then I guess I'll just have to wait till my contract's up with Orange in June, hopefully they'll have the Nexus One by then, or some other high-end Android!

I am the same my next upgrade is not until September and I had a Samsung tocco ultra which was a POS! I love my Pulse and all stuff I can do with Android!

I personally feel that this is the best phone I have ever owned and I will be staying with Android as my platform of choice.

More likely, it's been a surprise for them the way it's sold and undermined other phones they sell. It also seems to have gone from the contract section as well now.

In reality, they dropped a bollock on this one selling it too cheaply.

Gotta say, I think it disappearance from the list is a good thing. It obviously sold extremely well and I'd guess the entire manufacturing run got sold out via T-Mobile (which they have to be happy about as well, since most people wouldn't touch them otherwise).

I'd guess a new uprated version is on the starting blocks, maybe with a bit more memory, etc. and it will be along soon in the same price bracket, with 2.x OS. Assuming this is very much the same as the 8220, that makes a custom 2.0 closer to reality.

I can't see something in the same vein not turning up soon; the interest and uptake was too good for T-Mobile not to take notice.

Guest Calamity James
I am the same my next upgrade is not until September and I had a Samsung tocco ultra which was a POS! I love my Pulse and all stuff I can do with Android!

I personally feel that this is the best phone I have ever owned and I will be staying with Android as my platform of choice.

Agree with you 100% there, and it was my reason for buying too - I've had Sony Ericsson phones for most of my mobile life (first phone I ever got was a Coca-Cola branded Ericsson A1018s!) but the last 3 I had (W910, C902 and C905) had all gone back to SE at least once, and I had THREE C905s!

I was a bit sceptical about another smartphone as the Windows Mobile one I had back in 2006 got sluggish VERY quickly, but I'm so pleased I took the plunge and made the jump to Android!

Edited by Calamity James