i8000 TMC driver development

Any idea if enabling this in Copilot 8 is possible? They have a traffic update option, but it's subscription based. Which is kind of ridiculous if it's free OTA.

Any idea if enabling this in Copilot 8 is possible? They have a traffic update option, but it's subscription based. Which is kind of ridiculous if it's free OTA.

This will work on iGO and on Navigon, not on Copilot.

Hmmmm.... can't get it to show TMC data in iGO. What baudrate do you use?

I think the baudrate count nothing in this case, because the COM port is virtual... Otherwise I used 57600.

Guest _joker_

Nice work! The static TMC setting works.

How is it with dynamik search? No green stripe and "no TMC" Or must I wait a very long time?

Greetings _joker_

post-591067-1263933190_thumb.jpg

Edited by _joker_

Nice work! The static TMC setting works.

How is it with dynamik search? No green stripe and "no TMC" Or must I wait a very long time?

Greetings _joker_

Just examining the problem. Because of a mystic reason, the seek operation took 10-20 seconds, therefore the iGO never find a valid channel. Until solved please use in static mode..

Edited by phj

Guest Badulay
Thank you, I edited the post also

thank you both

i think it works for me too but we dont have a tmc information in our town, i travel a lot gonna try it thanks again

awesome app , just a shame i wont be able to use it as tomtom on the omnia2 does not have tmc functions.

actually all tomtom versions on a pda / phone dont have tmc functions.

and i didnt / dont like igo so tobad for me :)

Guest Viper.MK

brilliant driver :)

It works good with Royaltek and I receive loads of TMCs, but I receive only cryptic data in GNS mode.

Is there any chance that you decode/implement the GNS protocol as well as some of us are using Navigon 7 that only takes GNS?

Cheers

Marc

awesome app , just a shame i wont be able to use it as tomtom on the omnia2 does not have tmc functions.

actually all tomtom versions on a pda / phone dont have tmc functions.

and i didnt / dont like igo so tobad for me :)

You could also try Sygic or Navigon, as TomTom for PDA is ancient in comparison to iGO, Sygic or Navigon imo

brilliant driver :)

It works good with Royaltek and I receive loads of TMCs, but I receive only cryptic data in GNS mode.

Is there any chance that you decode/implement the GNS protocol as well as some of us are using Navigon 7 that only takes GNS?

Cheers

Marc

Unfortunately I'm not responsible for the TMC protocols - it is done by hypergps.dll , so please contact BeemerTPPC at xda.

You could also try Sygic or Navigon, as TomTom for PDA is ancient in comparison to iGO, Sygic or Navigon imo

Yea i was looking at sygic but im not sure if it can work with this TMC app ?

Navigon is way off on the routes i do all the time when i last tested it a year ago maybe it has become better now ?

Yea i was looking at sygic but im not sure if it can work with this TMC app ?

Navigon is way off on the routes i do all the time when i last tested it a year ago maybe it has become better now ?

There is no any special in the implementation - any GPS sw. must work with it which can read Royaltek or GNS formatted TMC data on a serial port, so I think yes.

Issued a new version 1.3. The debug code removed and there are two settings in registry which can be modify: HKLM\Software\gfmapi\ms, which is the cycle time in msec - in this frequency will be queried the chip for valid RDS data; slower (bigger number) reduces the power consumption, quicker yield more TMC messages in a given time. The rssi is the minimum seek RSSI threshold, the automatic scan stops when this value is reached. But until I will find the reason why the auto scan take such a ling time, I removed this and implement a single channel step instead, which is quick but it takes long time for iGO to scan the full band...

Unfortunately I'm not responsible for the TMC protocols - it is done by hypergps.dll , so please contact BeemerTPPC at xda.

To enable GNS TMC you need to set TMC mode in HyperGPS to TMC+GPS, then it should work fine.

Guest Qualquer coisa

Hey guys, first: Great job!!

Second: Do i have to plug the earpice for enhance the radio signal? Or it should work without the earpice?

My problem is: i went to phj page, downloaded and installed all the stuff.

Then i opened the HyperGPS, enabled TMC at COM4.

Opened iGO, and told it to look for TMC hardware. Then i receive a MSG that TMC is not available... Is this due a lack of radio signal or my city does not have TMC?

Edited by Qualquer coisa