Version 2.73.771.73 posted by HTC

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest darkskiez

I wonder if they've added a patch to stop it saying "Roaming Data - Connect ?" every time you go to on to their 2G network partners.

Its quite annoying.

They may also have disabled the Preference to set 2G only mode, they like doing that.

Can anyone confirm either?

Guest DanH48
I wonder if they've added a patch to stop it saying "Roaming Data - Connect ?" every time you go to on to their 2G network partners.

Its quite annoying.

They may also have disabled the Preference to set 2G only mode, they like doing that.

Cant answer that one but I did get data working (schoolboy error with APN's) but still cant get wifi going, seems to have a problem with DHCP.

Anyone care to lend a hand looking at this?

Guest pulser
Cant answer that one but I did get data working (schoolboy error with APN's)

Oops. I'm sure I posted that as a suggestion in this thread a day or 2 ago. Maybe should have mentioned it again, as it did sound like the right symptoms for an APN issue.

AFAIK, we're spoilt on MCR, as Paul seems to add a huge list of working APNs to his ROM, and the correct ones always seem to get added (I'm sure I read something about it on the sticky)

As for the WiFi troubles, have you tried using Anycut to link to 'Phone Info'? There might be something there of interest.

Guest DanH48
Oops. I'm sure I posted that as a suggestion in this thread a day or 2 ago. Maybe should have mentioned it again, as it did sound like the right symptoms for an APN issue.

AFAIK, we're spoilt on MCR, as Paul seems to add a huge list of working APNs to his ROM, and the correct ones always seem to get added (I'm sure I read something about it on the sticky)

As for the WiFi troubles, have you tried using Anycut to link to 'Phone Info'? There might be something there of interest.

Yeah thanks, I did see your suggestion and when i checked the APN list it didnt have many in there.

I took a logcat for when I tried to conenct to wifi. Ill post it up when I get home from work in the morning.

It does seem very strange though.

Well im running out of ideas, has anyone with a 3 Hero flashed this rom and has Wifi working? I have gone through near on everything including comparing the 405.66 rom to this to see if there is any obvious differences which there are none that stick out!

Logcat is attached, any ideas would be great.

wifi_logcat.txt

Yeah thanks, I did see your suggestion and when i checked the APN list it didnt have many in there.

I took a logcat for when I tried to conenct to wifi. Ill post it up when I get home from work in the morning.

It does seem very strange though.

Cool, just hoped you hadn't wasted ages cos you missed the post or something.

As for WiFI, can you use a fixed IP address and get online? Just as the issue obviously seems to be DHCP, but by using static IP address, and manually setting gateway/dns to the ip of your homehub might get you online. That would at least confirm the hardware is being 'spoken' to correctly.

Oh, and what radio version are you using? The ROM came with 63.18.55.06JU_6.35.08.29 in it, so flashing that might be worth a try??

But really the radio shouldn't be affecting it. Unfortunately, I don't really want to flash this one to try and debug it ATM, as I've just got MCR3.0 set up the way I like it, and am a bit busy to start flashing again. Otherwise I would flash and join you, being as we'll need to sort this so MCR3.2 can use it...

Cool, just hoped you hadn't wasted ages cos you missed the post or something.

As for WiFI, can you use a fixed IP address and get online? Just as the issue obviously seems to be DHCP, but by using static IP address, and manually setting gateway/dns to the ip of your homehub might get you online. That would at least confirm the hardware is being 'spoken' to correctly.

Oh, and what radio version are you using? The ROM came with 63.18.55.06JU_6.35.08.29 in it, so flashing that might be worth a try??

But really the radio shouldn't be affecting it. Unfortunately, I don't really want to flash this one to try and debug it ATM, as I've just got MCR3.0 set up the way I like it, and am a bit busy to start flashing again. Otherwise I would flash and join you, being as we'll need to sort this so MCR3.2 can use it...

Using a static IP is my last resort, by the looks of things cant test it till tomorrow now though. Im using the 9.26 radio but have tried both so this is not the issue.

Definatley a strange one here!

Ill report back tomorrow when I try a static IP.

Using a static IP is my last resort, by the looks of things cant test it till tomorrow now though. Im using the 9.26 radio but have tried both so this is not the issue.

Definatley a strange one here!

Ill report back tomorrow when I try a static IP.

It is strange... Only suggesting static IP to see if it can work at all. It's definitely not a solution, particularly if we want to base future ROMs off this one. Good that radio isn't the issue (was really unlikely tbh).

Right got wifi working using a static IP. So it does work but does not like connecting using DHCP. Highly frustrating aswell, my last option is to create a goldcard and flash the RUU and see if it is a problem on extraction somewhere.

Well its progress but not what I had hoped.

Guest belfbri

Its quite annoying.

Under Data Roaming settings there are now options for "Never", "National data roaming only", and "Automatic" (i think this is new - pretty sure it was either on or off before). 2G Only option has gone. I do still get a Roaming indicator on occasions (my previous handsets never did this on 3).

But annoyingly, even though i now have an official 3 Rom (albeit a rooted version) and downloaded Skype for 3 via the favourites shortcut, i STILL do not get Skype Caller ID - just "Skype Service Calling" - Grrrrr!