iGO 8.3.4 in VERIZON OMNIA-II

Guest c_arivazhagan

Guest c_arivazhagan

Guys,

I have Omnia-II from Verizon.

I Installed iGo 8.3.4, but the software couldn't recognize the hardware. It says no GPS hardware exists.

Does it mean that my device GPS hardware is locked to use only the Verizon GPS s/w?

Is there a way to use 3rd party GPS software in Omnia-II from Verizon?

Thanks, Ari

Guest 2ksilverbullet
Guys,

I Installed iGo 8.3.4, but the software couldn't recognize the hardware. It says no GPS hardware exists.

Does it mean that my device GPS hardware is locked to use only the Verizon GPS s/w?

Thanks, Ari

i920 works with 3rd party software, I'm using it with Garmin XT and Google maps with no issue. Make sure you have "Location On" turned on.

• 1 month later...
Guest compnird
Guys,

Thanks, Ari

I use iGo 8 and it works great. Go into Samsung Settings (Start > Settings) and then select General Settings. Tap on Location and change your setting to 'Location On'. Once you make that setting change you must reboot your phone. The next time it starts up you will have a dialogue box telling you of the implications of having the location on, check the "never show this again" box and tap the x to close.

In iGo 8 My GPS is automatically seen but you may need to go back in there after you do the above and 'Search for GPS'. If it still doesn't see it then set to COM 6 and 57,600 baud and save, then restart the app. It should have the checkbox on and a signal locked in now. If the above doesn't work then you may have a defective unit.

Guest Omega Ra
I use iGo 8 and it works great. Go into Samsung Settings (Start > Settings) and then select General Settings. Tap on Location and change your setting to 'Location On'. Once you make that setting change you must reboot your phone. The next time it starts up you will have a dialogue box telling you of the implications of having the location on, check the "never show this again" box and tap the x to close.

In iGo 8 My GPS is automatically seen but you may need to go back in there after you do the above and 'Search for GPS'. If it still doesn't see it then set to COM 6 and 57,600 baud and save, then restart the app. It should have the checkbox on and a signal locked in now. If the above doesn't work then you may have a defective unit.

for some reason I have to set it to COM 8 57600 baud...when I put it on com 6 in Google Maps it said it didn't exist.

Edited by Omega Ra