i8000 Not Waking Up by Alarms

Sometime ago I read some posts somewhere saying i8000 was capable of triggering alarms even if it was turned off. However, my tests showed otherwise.

Have I missed any settings/steps or i8000 just cannot trigger alarms if it is turned off (completely off, not in sleep mode)?

Thanks!

Guest awarner (MVP)

It is not possible to use the alarms if the device is completely turned off.

The alarms require the operating system to be running for them to operate.

Guest tacchan23
Sometime ago I read some posts somewhere saying i8000 was capable of triggering alarms even if it was turned off. However, my tests showed otherwise.

Have I missed any settings/steps or i8000 just cannot trigger alarms if it is turned off (completely off, not in sleep mode)?

Thanks!

Do you have the option "Auto power up" enabled? in Samsung Clock alarm (not available in WinMo alarm)

It is not possible to use the alarms if the device is completely turned off.

The alarms require the operating system to be running for them to operate.

Thanks for responding. My previous N85 running S60 was able to wake up so I thought i8000 might be able to do so as well.

Do you have the option "Auto power up" enabled? in Samsung Clock alarm (not available in WinMo alarm)

It works! With the option on the phone will turn on automatically 2 mins before the alarm time. Previously I was setting alarm time using SPB shell (hence was using WinMo alarm settings) and I did not see the option.

Thanks!

Guest awarner (MVP)

Samsung must have used something similar to Nokia etc so the alarm does not require the OS. This is something I would like to know more about as it would mean that something other than the OS is running when the OS is shutdown.

Guest ErnstJanF
Samsung must have used something similar to Nokia etc so the alarm does not require the OS. This is something I would like to know more about as it would mean that something other than the OS is running when the OS is shutdown.

Bootloader? :)

• 11 months later...
Guest bobhero

Hmm I also noticed this wonderful feature in touchclock. I tried ti but it didn't work maybe because I set the alram for 2 minutes ahead and then turned off the phone, thus it did not have enough time to trigger boot sequence?

More testing...