Screen Lock Up

Guest SpaceCracker

Guest Redline66
I have also a problem, but it's not related (i think) with battery, because it hapens now and i've 70% battery left. Sometimes my phone simply stays on black screen, and even if i push the power button it does nothing. The only way is to take the battery out, and power on the phone.

This problem started with LCR 1.2.2, but now i've the original Acer_LiquidE_0.008.06_EMEA_GEN1.

Baseband: A1-03.10.03

Kernel: 2.6.29

Firmware: 2.1-update1

The only thing i have outside this is:

- malez recovery 0.4.3

- Astro

Does anyone knows why this happens?

thanks

I have exactly the same symptoms/issues with the latest LCR 1.3 based on the Acer_LiquidE_0.008.06_EMEA_GEN1 bin.

It happens randomly and I could not identify a specific event that would be the root cause of the problem. Contrarily to other users in this thread, my liquid never hanged up when ringing of during/just after a phone call... So the radio is probably not (the only) cause.

Last night, my Acer was fully charged when I went to bed. When I woke up - ate because the alarm didn' ring :-) the phone was switched off, and the battery very hot and almost empty! So, some kind of intensive activity happened during night... very strange. I have no live wallpaper, and use autokiller with the "optimum" setting.

I have activated the log and will post it as soon as I can reproduce the problem.

Guest ushtobe
I have exactly the same symptoms/issues with the latest LCR 1.3 based on the Acer_LiquidE_0.008.06_EMEA_GEN1 bin.

It happens randomly and I could not identify a specific event that would be the root cause of the problem. Contrarily to other users in this thread, my liquid never hanged up when ringing of during/just after a phone call... So the radio is probably not (the only) cause.

Last night, my Acer was fully charged when I went to bed. When I woke up - ate because the alarm didn' ring :-) the phone was switched off, and the battery very hot and almost empty! So, some kind of intensive activity happened during night... very strange. I have no live wallpaper, and use autokiller with the "optimum" setting.

I have activated the log and will post it as soon as I can reproduce the problem.

Were you using the phone in Europe? I ask because this would confirm that radio (850Mhz) may not be the only cause.

Guest Richard Högberg

Okay, so just now my phone hanged but this time with the screen turned on.

Checked quickly through the logcat-log and i think i saw "watchdog killed process system" or something and then it went into a loop of

E/JavaBinder(  199): !!! FAILED BINDER TRANSACTION !!!

W/SharedBufferStack( 3453): waitForCondition(LockCondition) timed out (identity=

111, status=0). CPU may be pegged. trying again.

W/SharedBufferStack( 3453): waitForCondition(LockCondition) timed out (identity=

It did this just after sending an sms in Handcent also. Is this to any help perhaps?

Guest robklaus

I've been having the same issue on my liquid

It only happens when I'm at work, where I do not get 3g coverage, only EDGE

When I'm at home I get strong 3g and never had a issue

I've flashed several roms and all of them had the same problem

I'm on AT&T also.

Firmware is 2.1-update-1

baseband a1-03-12.01

kernel 2.6.29

Liberated_v1.4.2

Edited by robklaus

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gianniB

Hi evrbody,

I read all the posts and it seems that my problem is the same, but besides happening during a call received, and only lately, it is well reproduced if I USE THE PHONE IMMEDIATELY AFTER A CHARGE PLUG OR UNPLUG. And by using I mean doing touch input.

Of course at first the hangings seemed to be random, later I discovered the common situation.

So I concluded that the power changing issue was affecting the system as well during the phone wake-up event that happens when a call is received. Presumably indeed in that moment the phone suffers a surge in power drain.

If the issue is the same as yours I would exclude any relation with radio - tower etc. (bwt in live in europe).

It is related to a mix of hardware - firmware trimming that I dubdt is in the powers of a common user; I can only see that the problems begin to surface after 2-3 weeks of use (with original ROM) and a lot of apps installed (always to the full-memory warning). The phone is now generally slower and this could have swithed a timing-power issue not originally covered by the manufacturer.

Hope this can help, wait for your experience about it, and in case we should send the complain to Acer

bye

gianni