TV out, bad video, doesnt work with 3rd party cable

Guest omnia2tester

Guest omnia2tester

I wanted to post this in case someone else runs into this issue.

I bought a TV-out cable off E-bay that said it was for my "omnia II".

I tried several tv's, old camcorder cables, nothing worked.

I cut the cable up, stripped the wires and tried different pin out configurations. WORKS NOW!! My point is, if you need a special cable, buy the stupid $20 cable from Verizon. It appears they made a proprietary pin out config within the 3.5mm jack.

Hope that helps someone else. I really thought my device was bad. Again, almost returned my gorgeous device for a refurb.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nugiene

Actually, I searched and read that the RCA jacks on other cables would work, it's just that you would have to swap red for yellow for white or something like that. I bought a camcorder cable at Radio Shack ($32) today to test that theory, worked like a charm...now, i'm gonna return it and buy one off ebay for a whopping $2.99 w/free shipping.

Edited by nugiene

Guest BetterNot

I cut the cable up, stripped the wires and tried different pin out configurations. WORKS NOW!! My point is, if you need a special cable, buy the stupid $20 cable from Verizon. It appears they made a proprietary pin out config within the 3.5mm jack.

Hope that helps someone else. I really thought my device was bad. Again, almost returned my gorgeous device for a refurb.

I spent the money on a video out cable for the i910. It worked - ok - but I never used it. Not once. I found that any time I'd have a need, I had my laptop. Do you actually have a regular use for the cable? Just wondering if theres a good reason to try it again.

Guest fuktifino
I spent the money on a video out cable for the i910. It worked - ok - but I never used it. Not once. I found that any time I'd have a need, I had my laptop. Do you actually have a regular use for the cable? Just wondering if theres a good reason to try it again.

I use mine. I bought the one from Verizon with the phone for $15.00. One of the primary reasons that I bought the Omnia 2 was because the HTC offerings have the video out disabled. I use mine with a PICO projector to show projects and videos at work. It's like having my own personal cinema in my pocket. One of my most frequent uses is showing YouTube videos to buddies at work (my office is a car).

Guest NewForce

Thanks for your info sharing bro omnia2tester.

In Singapore, an original Omnia2 tv-out cable from Samsung shop selling at SG$45. That's US$32 which is pretty expensive to me for such a simple cable.

Myself had a Sony camcorder cable with similar 3.5mm jack but it showed only black & white image if I plug it not fully.

With your sharing, now I can try to buy a cheap tv-out cable for SG$8 / US$5.4 and mod it myself.