I8000L ROM Network settings

Guest brodieman84

Guest brodieman84

So I have the i8000L From bell, and i flashed secanys rom. I soon Realised that i was not supposed to flash anything because of the region i am in. im an idiot for doing it because i also flashed the csc. now my stock csc is gone. I mean everything is working sms, phone dialer and wifi, but no 3g internet. its trying to connect to orange.

Can someone help me please.

My csc is 18000LBMCIJ6

Guest brodieman84
settings are:

Bell:

APN: pda.bell.ca

user/pass are left blank

THANKS Thats what i was looking for. I figured it would work by just entering the settings. and it did.

You wouldn't happen to know the Bell MMS 3g settings?

Guest xfallen

i flashed kyunchai rom andi dont have internet i tried to reprogram it but with no lock i will try to flash the ij6 rom back its strange becoz i never flash anything else then the pda part it is normal for me to lose the internet connection ??

Guest pr0zak8
THANKS Thats what i was looking for. I figured it would work by just entering the settings. and it did.

You wouldn't happen to know the Bell MMS 3g settings?

can u explain to me how to set those settings, i ve tried to but never seem to make it work ! if u can detail me where to go and how to do it would be appreciated

thanks

Guest redzone321
So I have the i8000L From bell, and i flashed secanys rom. I soon Realised that i was not supposed to flash anything because of the region i am in. im an idiot for doing it because i also flashed the csc. now my stock csc is gone. I mean everything is working sms, phone dialer and wifi, but no 3g internet. its trying to connect to orange.

Can someone help me please.

My csc is 18000LBMCIJ6

brodie did you also flash Eboot?

i am looking to find out if flashing Eboot is safe(software wise) with our i8000L as i want the extra 5 mb of ram secanys new rom offers.

i flashed kyunchai rom andi dont have internet i tried to reprogram it but with no lock i will try to flash the ij6 rom back its strange becoz i never flash anything else then the pda part it is normal for me to lose the internet connection ??

yeah i only flashed PDA and noticed that my internet and 3g where not working. The fix is very simple you have to go into the wireless settings and change it from my WAP network to MY internet. I don't really know how i got there i just opened opera and got a message saying it cannot connect and i just click the settings button > advanced tab > select Networks > My Internet.

Also note even after that opera and ie would not work but spb weather and youtube did. The browsers are set to some weird address and it doesn't work i just changed my homepage back to my service provider and all was good.

Edited by jebise

Guest xaznxplaya
Hi,

I'm with Bell as well so if I understand correctly, you cannot flash to an another ROM?

Can anyone confirm this? I'm gonna be at my first attemps and don't wanna mess up anything.

Guest redzone321

I have a Bell i8000L and you can flash the pda part without issue. Just do not flash the phone/ CSC section of your phone

I am still trying to find out if its safe to flash Eboot as i want the extra 5 mb of ram from the new JA5

Guest xaznxplaya
I have a Bell i8000L and you can flash the pda part without issue. Just do not flash the phone/ CSC section of your phone

I am still trying to find out if its safe to flash Eboot as i want the extra 5 mb of ram from the new JA5

Just wondering, which rom did you flash to?

Guest redzone321
Just wondering, which rom did you flash to?

ive flashed pretty much all of them

the one i liked the most is PDAViet's roms as i like this customized WM7 Titanium he uses but soon i plan to try out KSTAN's 6.5.3 rom for an extended period.

Still looking for an answer if its safe to flash EBOOT ( software side i understand the risks of bricking due to failure)

Guest xaznxplaya
ive flashed pretty much all of them

the one i liked the most is PDAViet's roms as i like this customized WM7 Titanium he uses but soon i plan to try out KSTAN's 6.5.3 rom for an extended period.

Still looking for an answer if its safe to flash EBOOT ( software side i understand the risks of bricking due to failure)

Have you tried JA5? I'm about to go for it, so I can only flash the .pda part if I wanna be safe right?

i have JA5 on my bell omnia and it works well and no issues, other then 3g not working out of the box. But the solution is very simple and i have explained it above. It's 100% safe to flash JA5 PDA on the omnia, phone works fine.

Edited by jebise

Guest xaznxplaya
i have JA5 on my bell omnia and it works well and no issues, other then 3g not working out of the box. But the solution is very simple and i have explained it above. It's 100% safe to flash JA5 PDA on the omnia, phone works fine.

Alright, I'll try it out, by the way what do you mean up there by "The browsers are set to some weird address and it doesn't work i just changed my homepage back to my service provider and all was good."? Are all ROMs have issues with the 3G under Bell?

Guest xaznxplaya

Successfully flashed my phone to the JA5 ROM, I haven't noticed much diff. beside that menu setting that has changed, was it supposed to have a small gain in RAM as well?

Guest jgrf150

Redzone, When you flashed the pda part where you able to then get the internal gps to work??? Omnia i8000L Bell users can't use the internal GPS unless you lease Bell's mapping software....

Guest xaznxplaya
Has anyone dared to flash the eboot from Secenys latest to gain the extra ram? If so, does your phone still work? haha

Wondering this as well, lol. off topic question concerning ram, is it me or Opera Mini beta eats ram as hell?

Guest xaznxplaya
Redzone, When you flashed the pda part where you able to then get the internal gps to work??? Omnia i8000L Bell users can't use the internal GPS unless you lease Bell's mapping software....

Wondering this as well about the GPS, does anyone have an answer?

Guest redzone321
Wondering this as well about the GPS, does anyone have an answer?

wha? since when i have a bell i800l and can use Garmin XT and google maps without a hitch

Guest jgrf150
wha? since when i have a bell i800l and can use Garmin XT and google maps without a hitch

I can use an external gps also. I would rather use the internal omnia gps which is locked up on bell devices.

Does your internal gps work with google maps?

Guest xaznxplaya

Hmm, I have never looked into the GPS really since I have my Omnia II, external GPS = a software that you dl to use as a GPS? And how do you enable the Bell GPS?

Guest redzone321
I can use an external gps also. I would rather use the internal omnia gps which is locked up on bell devices.

Does your internal gps work with google maps?

i can use the internal gps on my i8000L with google maps or garmin. if your talking about the omnia 1 then your in the wrong forum section.