[ROM] WM 6.5.3 i8000_28205 Ultra-Lite ROM (Eng)

Guest KSTAN

Hi KSTAN! Are u thinking about update this rom with the new one JA5 ?:)

will be in the process, pls wait a few days.. as i hv limited time at the moment. thx B)

Guest Chivas610
It's lite version which means a lot of applications have been removed but you can add them as cabs later.

It has all languages keyboards and has start button and X button on the bottom taskbar which is very practical.

Not really. In XT9 options you can choose other languages, but they will not work :D I've tried with Norwegian on 3 different KSTAN roms now, and none is working.

Weirdest thing it works fine with Kuanchai's roms, but there I have problems with setting the right region - which btw works with KSTAN's roms :)

Is there a rom which has both these problems working? B)

Hi Kstan,

first and farmost, it is great work, and amazing efforts. thanks for every moment you are spending helping us.

well, i have flashed my Om2 with 17jan rom v2.

things looks fine, speciall the available memory, 250/75mb, stable, ... great.

however, "input method" is not responding. i came to know after installing Resco keyboard to have ara lang. no way to access this kbrd options but through input method or the win mob keyboard command B) .

i searched up and down trying to find a cab but no success :).

so,

how can you help me with this issue?

and,

do u recommend the 20Jan rom over this 17Jan one? is the difference bet both the removed reserved progs?

i would welcome other members reply too.

thanks in advance

Edited by pcfrnd

this forum is confusing with all the informations.. flashing roms.

kinda lost.. so many articles! which one fits best for flashing v2 rom?

but still managed to make it happen :)

anyone knows how to disable autocorrect issue?

Is there a better keyboard btw than the default one?

Not really. In XT9 options you can choose other languages, but they will not work :( I've tried with Norwegian on 3 different KSTAN roms now, and none is working.

Weirdest thing it works fine with Kuanchai's roms, but there I have problems with setting the right region - which btw works with KSTAN's roms ;)

Is there a rom which has both these problems working? :D

Chivas I am not Norwegian but all keyboards I have tried so far work fine on this rom

Russian, English, Greek, German, and maybe Danish, all work fine.

I mean, I used Norwegian and when a press and hold "a" and gives me 3 option like a with an o on top and one ae together. Isn't this Norwegian?

But you probably know better.

Why don't you try EzInput keyboard?

Edited by dande

but still managed to make it happen ;)

Do you mean xt9; just pressing once it stops once more and starts again.

There is a link for another keyboard above is called EzInput.

Guest acastiyo

Your ROM is the best one KSTAN, thank you very much for your hard work and congratulations.

Looking forward for your next release, but don´t hurry, take your time.

Cheers!!

Anyone tried to install Isilo with that skin?

It looks like you can install, load it, but can not close it... must use task manager to close it.. there is no Exit or "X" tot hat program with that skin..

Edited by l4cky

Do you mean xt9; just pressing once it stops once more and starts again.

There is a link for another keyboard above is called EzInput.

Nikoan89 - VGA EzInput 2.1 v2.2 is not working, plus hard to Hard reset every single time i have installed. Tried 3 times, must hard reset 3 times. Phone won't boot after login screen as it stays black after installing it.

Guest shinobi_omnia
but still managed to make it happen ;)

I am using Swype Keyboard...

Guest mrlovepeace2009
I'm getting CRC errors from the files downloaded from Mediafire >_<

I also got similar error( Packed data CRC failed in pda KSTAN lite 28205 ) i after downloading from media fire ,which was pretty fast download , Rapid share sucks.

But i wil try again i RS. Thanks KSTAN.

Hi Kstan,

What's the difference between the two releases?

Do you thing should worth flashing the new release?

I am wondering if a restore would work and avoid all the trouble loading all from scratch again.

Do you know why Taskswitcher installed by cab works but shows just black images of the running applications?

There was a youtube app in original rom is this removed?

Thank you very much for your efforts building these wonderful roms.

Take care

Edited by dande

I'm getting CRC errors from the files downloaded from Mediafire >_<

I also got similar error( Packed data CRC failed in pda KSTAN lite 28205 ) i after downloading from media fire ,which was pretty fast download , Rapid share sucks.

But i wil try again i RS. Thanks KSTAN.

I'm re-uploading to mediafire again, try again in a couple of hrs later, thx. ;)

Guest francis_fds

Hi Kstan,

Thank you for the ROM and your efforts. I have been posting this on all forums for assistance, but no outcome till date. A small request from me - Please is it possible to have a cab to install online widgets on this lite rom? I love the colorful feel of it and have been searching for it everywhere. Hope you will help.

Francis.

Hi,

Kind of an unrelated question, how can I update my unlocked I8000L to the latest windows version shown in the screenshot of the OP? Is this the latest OEM Samsung update?

My version info shows Windows CE 5.2.21876 (Build 21876.5.0.72) but when trying to update through the PC Studio it says that my device doesn't support software updates. I posted an image here: error

Please, let me know. Thanks,

Hi,

Kind of an unrelated question, how can I update my unlocked I8000L to the latest windows version shown in the screenshot of the OP? Is this the latest OEM Samsung update?

My version info shows Windows CE 5.2.21876 (Build 21876.5.0.72) but when trying to update through the PC Studio it says that my device doesn't support software updates. I posted an image here: error

Please, let me know. Thanks,

There was a post somewhere mentioning that u need to use version 1.4.X of NPC not 1.3.X. u can try the Samsung FUS Downloader here.

I really want to try this, but unfortunately i can't download the file because of the file size restriction on my network.

this is probably too much,

but, can you divide the file into small files ?

thank you

Hi Kstan,

What's the difference between the two releases?

Do you thing should worth flashing the new release?

I am wondering if a restore would work and avoid all the trouble loading all from scratch again.

Do you know why Taskswitcher installed by cab works but shows just black images of the running applications?

There was a youtube app in original rom is this removed?

Thank you very much for your efforts building these wonderful roms.

Take care

It;s slightly different OEM from SS, every release from SS, there's some changes or new addition and enhancement.

I hv not tried Taskswitcher, it might be missing some registry or files.

Youtube was removed.