Rom Dump/Build Application

Guest wes58

I did. ROM starts ok. Just stating this error message at start.

Maybe you have to check if you have this application WLMImageUpdate.exe (it should be in WindowsLive in your rom as a module). I am not sure where it is going to be on the phone because I deleted all WindowsLive and other microsoft widgets stuff.

Added version 1.7 to the first post

I thought I would re-organize placement of different version of OS in the kitchen folder.

So now you can have a folder with dump of the original ROM (with modified OEM to suit your needs).

Inside the ROM folder you can have different version of WM builds of SYS folders and xip.bin.

You can build a different version of ROM (different OS build) based on one OEM, so there is no need to copy the same OEM to different folders.

You can still have different ROM folders, if you have a different base ROM or you want to have different modifications of OEM in your ROMS.

There are some pictures in the pdf file in the archive showing the changes.

Guest givesoft

Sorry for my bad English!

A strange question hope someone may help.

My cooked Rom halt during restart at the "www.samsungmobile.com" screen.

Sometime with luck, I can try to push the reset button several time to get in the system.

Anyone has any ideas what is the most possible reason that caused the problem?

Guest Gary Crutcher
Sorry for my bad English!

A strange question hope someone may help.

My cooked Rom halt during restart at the "www.samsungmobile.com" screen.

Sometime with luck, I can try to push the reset button several time to get in the system.

Anyone has any ideas what is the most possible reason that caused the problem?

Did you Relocate the modules using exReloc?

Edited by Gary Crutcher

Thanks Wes.

Will let you know how the Page Pool option works.

Just some more clarification.

Before firmware JA5 we had available Program RAM shown as 139.15MB which corresponded to 20MB page pool.

From version JA5 we have RAM available shown as 144.17MB which correspond to reduced page pool to 15MB.

When you click on 'Change Page Pool value' it will show you current value programmed in the ROM (nk.exe). This value is 20MB page pool. This value is overwritten by Samsung eboot and reduced to 15MB giving us 144MB RAM. That's why if you didn't flash eboot you didn't get 144MB of available RAM.

If you enter the new value of Page Pool 10MB it will give you 10MB more RAM from original value of 139MB - so you will get 149MB - not as you would think 144 + 10 = 154MB!!

If the value is changed it will display in a box as a current value of 10MB.

Edited by wes58

Guest Gary Crutcher

Wes, thanks a lot for the XIP mods to the RomTool.

I did not have an original xip.bin for XXJB1, so I used the xip.bin

from 23529. I set page pool to 8mb and now have 151.20 available

program ram, with 99.11 mb free after boot.

I will play with this for awhile to make sure this size page pool is okay

for my use.

Again, thanks for a great tool!!!

This pic is after installing: m6 taskbar, S2U2 and my moblier.

post-557795-1267331754_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gary Crutcher

Wes, thanks a lot for the XIP mods to the RomTool.

I did not have an original xip.bin for XXJB1, so I used the xip.bin

from 23529. I set page pool to 8mb and now have 151.20 available

program ram, with 99.11 mb free after boot.

I will play with this for awhile to make sure this size page pool is okay

for my use.

Again, thanks for a great tool!!!

This pic is after installing: m6 taskbar, S2U2 and my moblier.

post-557795-1267331754_thumb.jpg

I thought you had an original samsung verison JB1, that's what you started with. When you dump it, it puts xip.bin in xiptools\XipOrg folder, that's where you should have xip.bin. You should use it because parts of it (OEMXIPKERNEL, OEMXIPADDON, WinCENLS_LANG_SEC) are specific to the phone and are always kept when porting XIP.

Guest Gary Crutcher
I thought you had an original samsung verison JB1, that's what you started with. When you dump it, it puts xip.bin in xiptools\XipOrg folder, that's where you should have xip.bin. You should use it because parts of it (OEMXIPKERNEL, OEMXIPADDON, WinCENLS_LANG_SEC) are specific to the phone and are always kept when porting XIP.

About JB1 XIP: Yes, I did have my original dump from JB1 (and xip.bin), but decided to see

what would happen if I used an xip.bin from 23529. Just playing around.

This version is not for any public release - just me trying to learn about cooking.

So far everything is working fine.

Have installed SPB Mobile Shell w/MSkip's Ultimate Elegance and still

have about 70MB free.

Edited by Gary Crutcher

About JB1 XIP: Yes, I did have my original dump from JB1 (and xip.bin), but decided to see

what would happen if I used an xip.bin from 23529. Just playing around.

This version is not for any public release - just me trying to learn about cooking.

So far everything is working fine.

Have installed SPB Mobile Shell w/MSkip's Ultimate Elegance and still

have about 70MB free.

Something is not right, because with the full xip.bin from 23529 OS, the program won't change the page pool. The first part of the code which is changed, is only present in Samsung xip.bin (nk.exe), and if this code is not patched the program won't change page pool?

Guest kydkylin

I put the JB1 xip.bin in the XipOrg,23541 xip.bin(actually it's 23533 xip.bin) in the XIPNewOS_23541,set the page pool to 8MB and built a JB1_23541 no-modification rom. Got the total RAM 151.26 MB.Everything seems fine.Thanks wes58 for the great tool again!

Edited by kydkylin

Guest Gary Crutcher
Something is not right, because with the full xip.bin from 23529 OS, the program won't change the page pool. The first part of the code which is changed, is only present in Samsung xip.bin (nk.exe), and if this code is not patched the program won't change page pool?

Don't know what to say Wes.

Actually it was just an experiment which seems to work.

I am going to try this again but from scratch, starting with a clean JB1.

Will use the JB1 xip.bin this time.

The JB1 I used was heavily modified.

Will post the results afterwards.

Don't know what to say Wes.

Actually it was just an experiment which seems to work.

I am going to try this again but from scratch, starting with a clean JB1.

Will use the JB1 xip.bin this time.

The JB1 I used was heavily modified.

Will post the results afterwards.

I can tell you one thing xip.bin 23529 will not work, it has to be ported with samsung xip.bin if you are changing OS. You must have your xip.bin from different versions mixed up. That's why it's good to keep them in separate folders as they can be in the latest versions.

You don't have to start with clean JB1. SYS and OEM can stay as they are but you have to have xip.bin from JB1 in \xipOrg folder, which you probably had.

Guest Gary Crutcher
I can tell you one thing xip.bin 23529 will not work, it has to be ported with samsung xip.bin if you are changing OS. You must have your xip.bin from different versions mixed up. That's why it's good to keep them in separate folders as they can be in the latest versions.

You don't have to start with clean JB1. SYS and OEM can stay as they are but you have to have xip.bin from JB1 in \xipOrg folder, which you probably had.

Ok, after trying again for a few times, I keep getting "Error creating xip.nb.new" after

running extreloc.

So, I must have been using the JB1 xip.bin. Hmmm...

Wes, thanks for your help and advice.

Guest jackyaway

hi all

why when i reduce the page pool size to 10MB my omniaII is not more able to connect with Samsung PC Studio and Samsung Kies?

Guest enrico988

Hi wes and all community,

I have a resolution problem (little):

post-619680-1267571152_thumb.png

only in this screen i get this resolution which doesn't fit perfectly...I double checked in SYS folder I have all resolutions 480x800. Do someone know where it come from?

Ah, it's like this just when I use 6.5.x builds, with original Windows build I didn't have this issue.

Thanks

Guest kibiwi

only in this screen i get this resolution which doesn't fit perfectly...I double checked in SYS folder I have all resolutions 480x800. Do someone know where it come from?

Ah, it's like this just when I use 6.5.x builds, with original Windows build I didn't have this issue.

Thanks

me too have this problem maybe it is related to the new os which is not perfectly compatible with our device...someone has a better explanation?

Guest enrico988
me too have this problem maybe it is related to the new os which is not perfectly compatible with our device...someone has a better explanation?

The thing I don't get is that on English rom's screenshots over modaco (6.5.x) the screen fits normally...

I think we can live with :(

Guest wes58

Thanks

I have tried different version of 6.5.3, 6.5.5 and everything displays OK. I thought maybe it is the size of the font, but I tried to change the text size and it is still displayed the same.

Comparing your picture and Gary's from the post above I can see only the difference with a gap between text "Totale" and the value "151.26MB" in your picture bigger? But why, I can't explain.

Have you tried changing to different theme, like Samsung Black?

Edited by wes58

Guest enrico988
I have tried different version of 6.5.3, 6.5.5 and everything displays OK. I thought maybe it is the size of the font, but I tried to change the text size and it is still displayed the same.

Comparing your picture and Gary's from the post above I can see only the difference with a gap between text "Totale" and the value "151.26MB" in your picture bigger? But why, I can't explain.

Have you tried changing to different theme, like Samsung Black?

Yes it behaves like this with all themes...

I think it's a language related bug. What if I port BaseApps(Lang) folder from 6.5 classic rom? Even if it has a different layout of buttons etc...dunno

Edited by enrico988