Rom Dump/Build Application

Guest wes58

Guest jackyaway

Thank you for explanation ;)

Is this the ImgfsTools version that you say? I used it this morning and the romtool log is:

Error! ROM Building Failed.

*** Files/Folders Renamed to C:\i8000kitchen\JC1\SYS

*** Files/Folders Renamed to C:\i8000kitchen\JC1\SYS_21899

imgfs-new.bin not Found

..\tools\ImgfsFromDump.exe ... started

*** Created File xip.nb.new

tools\osnbtool.exe ... started

*** Created File XIPTools\xip_out.bin

XipPort.exe exited.

*** Created File xip_out.bin

ExtReloc.exe exited.

With ImgfsFromDump.exe from your _Tamplate folder, log is the same. So i have to use the turbo version, because it seems to be the only one that works well for me.

Guest wes58
Thank you for explanation ;)

Is this the ImgfsTools version that you say? I used it this morning and the romtool log is:

Error! ROM Building Failed.

*** Files/Folders Renamed to C:\i8000kitchen\JC1\SYS

*** Files/Folders Renamed to C:\i8000kitchen\JC1\SYS_21899

imgfs-new.bin not Found

..\tools\ImgfsFromDump.exe ... started

*** Created File xip.nb.new

tools\osnbtool.exe ... started

*** Created File XIPTools\xip_out.bin

XipPort.exe exited.

*** Created File xip_out.bin

ExtReloc.exe exited.

With ImgfsFromDump.exe from your _Tamplate folder, log is the same. So i have to use the turbo version, because it seems to be the only one that works well for me.

Try running imgfsfromdump from the command prompt - as shown on the attached picture. Tell me what results/errors you get.

I also attached the version of imgfsfromdump that I use.

post-420700-1271418756_thumb.png

ImgfsFromDump.rar

Guest wes58
I used your attached version from command prompt and this is the error:

It's out of 'Dos' memory. I think there was a post by Gary Crutcher, I think even in this thread, that this error is caused by your virus scanner software. Try to go through the posts somewhere at the beginning of this thread. Or disable your virus scanner and try again.

Guest jackyaway

I think my problem is NOD32 version 4.2.42 installed 3days ago, but also deactivating it, imgfsfromdump continue to not work. I think because ekrn.exe process was still active with antivirus deactivated, and i found no way to terminate it ;)

Thank you so much for help....i have to use turbo version.

Guest enrico988
I think my problem is NOD32 version 4.2.42 installed 3days ago, but also deactivating it, imgfsfromdump continue to not work. I think because ekrn.exe process was still active with antivirus deactivated, and i found no way to terminate it ;)

Thank you so much for help....i have to use turbo version.

Hey, does imgfsfromdump turbo really speed up the process?

Guest wes58
If you have a multicore cpu imgfsfromdump turbo speedup the process

I have just installed a trial version of NOD32 version 4.2.42 and don't have a problem with running imgfsfromdump.exe.

By the way, I noticed that in the Setup-Advanced Setup of NOD32, there is an 'Exclusions' option, which I assume, allows you to add an application or path to exclude from virus scanning. You could try that. You could also enable logging and see if you have anything in the log for imgfsfromdump?

Guest jackyaway
I have just installed a trial version of NOD32 version 4.2.42 and don't have a problem with running imgfsfromdump.exe.

By the way, I noticed that in the Setup-Advanced Setup of NOD32, there is an 'Exclusions' option, which I assume, allows you to add an application or path to exclude from virus scanning. You could try that. You could also enable logging and see if you have anything in the log for imgfsfromdump?

Hi wes, as you said nod32 is not the problem, i uninstalled it and imgfsfromdump continued to not work. So i reinstalled nod32 and uninstalled comodo firewall v4...imgfsfromdump works correctly! Now i'm downloading comodo firewall v3 because with it i have no kind of problem.

Edit: With latest version of nod32 and comodo firewall v3 instead of v4, all works good! ;)

Edited by jackyaway

Guest wes58

Version 2.2.4 added to first post.

Since some people wanted to use imgfsFromDump TURBO, I decided to add this option.

- In Settings tab set 'Use imgfsFromDump Turbo' if you want to have it as deafult.

- You can still use previous version of ImgfsFromDump.exe (if you have problems with the rom) if you leave 'Use ImgfsFromDump Turbo' not checked.

- Copy imgfsFromDumpTurbo.exe to your Tools folders.

If you find newer version on xda-developers, rename it to imgfsFromDumpTurbo.exe and copy to your Tools folder.

You can read some comments on xda-developers about TURBO version of imgfsFromDump.exe http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=610713

Guest Gary Crutcher

Since some people wanted to use imgfsFromDump TURBO, I decided to add this option.

- In Settings tab set 'Use imgfsFromDump Turbo' if you want to have it as deafult.

- You can still use previous version of ImgfsFromDump.exe (if you have problems with the rom) if you leave 'Use ImgfsFromDump Turbo' not checked.

If you find newer version on xda-developers, rename it to imgfsFromDumpTurbo.exe and copy to your Tools folder.

You can read some comments on xda-developers about TURBO version of imgfsFromDump.exe http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=610713

Thank you! ;)

Guest kydkylin

Thx for the new version ;)

Guest enrico988

Hey wes, I tried new romTool v2.24.

I think i didn't do anything wrong, but when I deselect "Use imgfsfromdump Turbo" from the options and using LZX compression on the Build tab, the standard imgfsfromdump won't apply the compression.

Could you try this?

Enrico.

Guest wes58
Hey wes, I tried new romTool v2.24.

I think i didn't do anything wrong, but when I deselect "Use imgfsfromdump Turbo" from the options and using LZX compression on the Build tab, the standard imgfsfromdump won't apply the compression.

Could you try this?

Enrico.

Thanks enrico988 for a test, you found this little bug. That's what happens when you use copy and paste.

I attached fixed version to first post.

Guest Omnia 2 8000

Is there a way to edit the Canadian csc file where I can remove the Bell boot screen, add new service providers or operators and have the original samsung logo boot screen.

Guest wes58
Is there a way to edit the Canadian csc file where I can remove the Bell boot screen, add new service providers or operators and have the original samsung logo boot screen.

If you have a csc file you can try to extract files from it and see what files there are. You should be able to add/ delete files and make a new csc file.

Guest khanmech

okay, so I'm just getting started with trying to cook roms, and I've been doing a lot of reading and playing around, but haven't built up the guts to flash.

I have questions regarding removing apps from a dumped rom (the stock dc24 rom). specifically, I want to remove nuance - but I assume a similar process would be okay for other files.

This is what I have come up with, I want to see if it is correct.

1) I don't find references to the program in the .rgu files I have checked.

2) I do find references to it in initflashfiles.dat

3) So, do I delete the files referring to nuance in initflashfiles.dat and then delete the nuance entry from initflashsiles.dat?

4) is there anything else I should do?

Guest wes58
okay, so I'm just getting started with trying to cook roms, and I've been doing a lot of reading and playing around, but haven't built up the guts to flash.

I have questions regarding removing apps from a dumped rom (the stock dc24 rom). specifically, I want to remove nuance - but I assume a similar process would be okay for other files.

This is what I have come up with, I want to see if it is correct.

1) I don't find references to the program in the .rgu files I have checked.

2) I do find references to it in initflashfiles.dat

3) So, do I delete the files referring to nuance in initflashfiles.dat and then delete the nuance entry from initflashsiles.dat?

4) is there anything else I should do?

That's correct if you delete the files to an application you should also delete it in initflashfiles.dat. If you don't find any references to the application in the registry files it should be fine. You could also check .provxml files in oemaps and oem_lang_xxx folders.

Guest Umby51

I have found a little bug in the script "i8000Lite.php".

183) $deleted_registey = array();

I have changed him to "$deleted_registry = array();" and now it's all Ok.