Rom Dump/Build Application

Guest wes58

Guest Teflanzy

hi

i removed some files with the name podcast

but i can't find it in the rgu file

can someone help me?

one more thing

can some one explain to me what is the diffirence between provxml and rgu?

thanks guys

Hi there, I dump the ROM using this kitchen and trying to rebuild it without changing anything and all default option. However, it stop with error message "Error, last status: "Creating initflashfiles.dat".

Anyone know what is wrong?

Guest defaultBR
Hi there, I dump the ROM using this kitchen and trying to rebuild it without changing anything and all default option. However, it stop with error message "Error, last status: "Creating initflashfiles.dat".

Anyone know what is wrong?

i think you are trying to dump a cooked rom(so when you dump, some files doesnt appear like initflashfiles.dat), so when you try to build again, dont have the file so return the error....

read the page 3~6 have the answer

Wes what about adding the possibility in the kitchen to extract csc from an exe firmware?is it technically possible?I have one but I can't extract the csc but only the pda part with pako's executor...

Edited by kibiwi

Wes what about adding the possibility in the kitchen to extract csc from an exe firmware?is it technically possible?I have one but I can't extract the csc but only the pda part with pako's executor...

I don't have an exe firmware file that would have a csc so I can't tell you if it is possible or not.

Added version 1.6.3 to the first post.

A few bugs fixed and some options added.

Edit:

For those who already downloaded ver 1.6.3 - there were 5 downloads listed, please download it again.

Edited by wes58

Guest Gary Crutcher

Hi Wes58,

Your romTool is great.

This is a pic of XXJB1 just uploaded by Secany.

Notice how much free ram I have after deleting a bunch of MS/Samsung crap.

post-557795-1266046116_thumb.jpg

Thanks a lot. You did an excellent job!!!

Hi Wes58,

Your romTool is great.

This is a pic of XXJB1 just uploaded by Secany.

Notice how much free ram I have after deleting a bunch of MS/Samsung crap.

post-557795-1266046116_thumb.jpg

Thanks a lot. You did an excellent job!!!

It looks good.

I am using WM version 6.5.5 and I don't think that I can get that much. It's good with the latest version from Secany that Samsung fixed the problem with dialer in WM6.5.5.

You should try porting new OS if you haven't done that yet.

One more thing I am going to add to my application is the option to save to registry pda version so you can use the same one that you want all the time. It's especially good because we are still getting upgrades from Secany. For now it is hard coded in the code.

Guest Gary Crutcher
It looks good.

I am using WM version 6.5.5 and I don't think that I can get that much. It's good with the latest version from Secany that Samsung fixed the problem with dialer in WM6.5.5.

You should try porting new OS if you haven't done that yet.

One more thing I am going to add to my application is the option to save to registry pda version so you can use the same one that you want all the time. It's especially good because we are still getting upgrades from Secany. For now it is hard coded in the code.

Thanks.

I can test any new versions you want. Just let me know.

I cannot begin to express my thanks for this tool.

It has saved me a lot of time and has helped me to learn how to cook.

Thank you very, very much.

Edited by Gary Crutcher

Guest Gary Crutcher
Sorry to do this again (in one day). But there is another update Ver. 1.6.4 added in first post.

New version is working great. No problems.

Using it to work on 23529 (6.5.5).

Thanks Wes58

can some post his log files so that we noobs have an idea on what to delete?

thanks

Well, you can have a look at mine. I am not sure if it is going to help you though. But remember that you have to delete some entries from .rgu, provxml and initflashfiles.dat files

LOG.rar

Guest Teflanzy
Well, you can have a look at mine. I am not sure if it is going to help you though. But remember that you have to delete some entries from .rgu, provxml and initflashfiles.dat files

i managed to remove podcast and its entries from rgu files and provxml and built a rom which worked nicely

but when i tried to remove multiple application with their entries fro rgu and provxml i could not build a rom

buildos gave me an error saying something about hv and rgu file cannot be created or something.

thank you wes8

-------------------------------------------------------------

by the why wes58

i want to work on secany latest rom PDA_I8000NXXJB1

can i use your logs files on it?

Edited by Teflanzy

i managed to remove podcast and its entries from rgu files and provxml and built a rom which worked nicely

but when i tried to remove multiple application with their entries fro rgu and provxml i could not build a rom

buildos gave me an error saying something about hv and rgu file cannot be created or something.

thank you wes8

-------------------------------------------------------------

by the why wes58

i want to work on secany latest rom PDA_I8000NXXJB1

can i use your logs files on it?

If you have an error with Buildos you go to temp folder and there is a file created by buildos - log.txt. When you open the file and scroll to the end of it you will most likely find some information what is wrong.

Yes, you can use my log files.

Guest Teflanzy

Thanks wes58

anyway

i already deleted the folder containing the dump

so i don't know what is the exact error any more

anyway

i will try again and see what happens

In BuildOS i always get an error message that the imagelib.dll already exists. Who can help me?

It means that you have the same file twice. I assume that you are porting new OS and you have folders "BaseAppsModules" and "BaseAppsFiles" in SYS folder.

You have to delete one folder. "BaseAppsModules" folder is the "BaseAppsFiles" folder with files converted into modules. Which one you delete is up to you. You will have some other folders with duplicate files as well.

Guest Devil1978

Thank you very much but now there is an error message that SlidingPanel_240x320.cpr is existing in BronzeNonEA. What is the difference to BronzeEA?

In SYSTEM_DEFAULT_FONTS: cour.ttf already exists.

Who can help me with this?

Edited by Devil1978

Thank you very much but now there is an error message that SlidingPanel_240x320.cpr is existing in BronzeNonEA. What is the difference to BronzeEA?

In SYSTEM_DEFAULT_FONTS: cour.ttf already exists.

Who can help me with this?

BronzeEA - Components for CHome (east-asia languages)

BronzeNonEA - Components for CHome (Non east-asia languages)

Delete one folder

As I said before search for duplicate files. It will be the same with cour.ttf!

Guest Devil1978

How can i search for duplicate files. i have in the windows explorer shown all files activated. but i think i can't see all files in the rom. i there a tool to search for the duplicate files? Because i can't find or see the cour.ttf.

Edited by Devil1978

Guest Gary Crutcher
How can i search for duplicate files. i have in the windows explorer shown all files activated. but i think i can't see all files in the rom. i there a tool to search for the duplicate files? Because i can't find or see the cour.ttf.

Try using UltraEdit (google search for it). Works great for finding duplicates.

Just search for cour.ttf and it will display all locations where the file is.

This program is also great for searching for strings "inside" files.

I thought UltraEdit is only for extracting and making images. But can UltraEdit find hidden files? I think that some files in the SYS folder are hidden.

Why don't you just use windows explorer to search for duplicate file? Besides, the log file created by Buildos (in temp folder) should help you to find it as well.

The file that you have error with, cour.ttf is in COMPLEXSCRIPT_FONTS and in SYSTEM_DEFAULT_FONTS folders. Again, you have to delete one folder.

Go to this website http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=544445 and read post #5 about different packages.