Rom Dump/Build Application

Guest wes58

Guest Devil1978

I must say you all are very helpfully, but this is my first try to cook a rom and at its not very easy.

If the build of the ROM is without any error, can i flash the ROM to my Omnia 2 withour conflicts?

Or can be a chance that my Omnia 2 can get a defect?

Edited by Devil1978

I must say you all are very helpfully, but this is my first try to cook a rom and at its not very easy.

If the build of the ROM is without any error, can i flash the ROM to my Omnia 2 withour conflicts?

Or can be a chance that my Omnia 2 can get a defect?

Nobody will give you any guarantees. There is always a risk, but try to find how many people bricked their Omnia 2. I must say that it happen many times to me that the phone didn't boot properly when I was writing the application for building romsm but you can always flash it again with another rom version and it should work, especially if you only flash PDA.

Guest Devil1978

I thought i must always flash phone, pda and csc at the same time.

Not once alone.

But now i have learned.

What are the folders .VM and .ROM?

Edited by Devil1978

help.lnk in Welcome Center ist existing. Windows Search doesnt find any file.

You are asking about basics that you should know about, or you should be able to find information about in the other threads on the forum.

If you don't select in Windows explorer in tools, folder options, view, "show hidden files, folders and drives" you won't be able to see files which are attributes set to "hidden".

You flash phone, csc, eboot, Pda together only once, when you get a new version of the rom. After subsequent re-flashes, if you modify the rom, you only need to flash pda part, all the other parts are already in the phone.

Guest defaultBR

GUYS:

to avoid the problem of duplicate files, this is all the folder you need to have/modify/change from new build

.ROM (from the original dump)

.VM (from original dump)

-- All this folder from the new build -- (of course, change the 0816 folder to the folder of your language cook)

AdobeFlash

AdobeFlashCodecs

AdobeFlash_LANG_0816

AUTOUPDATE

Autoupdate_Lang_0816

BaseApps

BaseAppsFiles

Base_DPI_192

base_dpi_192_resh_480_resv_800

Base_Lang_0804_DPI_192

Base_Lang_0816

Base_Lang_0816_DPI_192

Base_Lang_0816_DPI_192_RESH_480_RESV_800

Bluetooth

Bluetooth_Lang_0816

bronze

BronzeNonEA

Bronze_DPI_192

BROWSING

BROWSINGCORE

browsingie

browsingie_LANG_0816

Browsing_DPI_192

Browsing_Lang_0816

Bth_A2DP

Bth_A2DP_Lang_0816

Bth_HID

Bth_HID_Lang_0816

CHome

CHome_DPI_192

CHome_Lang_0816

CommonNonEA

ConfettiCore

DRM

Enterprise

Enterprise_DPI_192

Enterprise_Lang_0816

Enterprise_Lang_0816_DPI_192

Entertainment

Entertainment_DPI_192

Entertainment_Lang_0816

Entertainment_Lang_0816_DPI_192

FWUPDATE

Fwupdate_Lang_0816

GPSID

INTERNETSHARING

IPSECVPN

IPSECVPN_DPI_192

IPSECVPN_Lang_0816

Lockscreen

LockscreenNonEA

Lockscreen_DPI_192

MediaOS

MediaOSFiles

MediaOS_dpi_192_resh_480_resv_800

MediaOS_Lang_0816

Metadata

NetCF

Office

Office_DPI_192

Office_Lang_0816

Office_Lang_0816_DPI_192

OneNote

OneNote_lang_0816

OS

OSFiles

Phone

PhoneRedist

PhoneRedist_DPI_192

PhoneRedist_Lang_0816

PhoneRedist_Lang_0816_DPI_192

Phone_DPI_192

Phone_dpi_192_resh_480_resv_800

Phone_Lang_0816

Phone_Lang_0816_DPI_192

ppgprov

Redist

Redist_DPI_192

Redist_dpi_192_resh_480_resv_800

Redist_Lang_0816

Redist_Lang_0816_DPI_192

RemoteDesktopMobile

RemoteDesktopMobile_Lang_0816

Riched20

RUNTIMES

SampleMusic

Shell

Skybox

Skybox_Lang_0816

Skymarket

Skymarket_Lang_0816

SMIME

SMS_Providers

SQLCE

SqlCeMobile

SqlCeMobile_Lang_0816

SQM

SYSTEM_DEFAULT_FONTS

Themes

Themes_DPI_192

Themes_Lang_0816_DPI_192_RESH_480_RESV_800

Webview

WelcomeCenter

WelcomeCenter_Lang_0816

WindowsLive

WindowsLiveIM

WindowsLive_Lang_0816

WMLiveSearchWidget

WMMoneyWidget

WMWeatherWidget

WMWidgets

WMWidgets_LANG_0816

WWAN

probably with this folder you will not have the duplicate files, if you want, you can remove somes, but its your choice...

Edited by defaultBR

Guest Devil1978

Thanks. This is very good and useful.

Now i builded a rom but my omnia only shows the intro and nothing more happens. The second try ist the same result.

I only change the LANG folders and build a new rom. I cancel the EXTENDED REALLOC because the tool can't find a ROMHDR.TXT file.

What make i wrong? The Omnia 2 is on, but the screen shows only the start animation and the end animation when i start and shutdown the omnia.

Edited by Devil1978

Guest Gary Crutcher
Thanks. This is very good and useful.

Now i builded a rom but my omnia only shows the intro and nothing more happens. The second try ist the same result.

I only change the LANG folders and build a new rom. I cancel the EXTENDED REALLOC because the tool can't find a ROMHDR.TXT file.

What make i wrong? The Omnia 2 is on, but the screen shows only the start animation and the end animation when i start and shutdown the omnia.

After BuildOS...

When you get to the ExtReloc screen, there is a white vertical line

just to the left of center screen (it's between the 2 bordered areas).

Slide it all the way to the left. Then on the right side you will see

Realloc IMGFS Modules. Click on that.

When finished, and no errors, close the program and the build process

should continue to completion.

GUYS:

to avoid the problem of duplicate files, this is all the folder you need to have/modify/change from new build

.ROM (from the original dump)

.VM (from original dump)

probably with this folder you will not have the duplicate files, if you want, you cant remove somes, but its your choice...

That's why you can create the log file for your SYS folder so you can always delete unwanted files. I have attached modified mine (in the one that I use I delete more files that I don't want, like widget, windowslive etc...).

Note this file deletes all language files except for ENGLISH 0409. If you want to use it for other languages replace in the log file your language code with 0409. This will mean that your language will stay and 0409 will be deleted

Depending on the version of the new OS that you are getting you may have a rom with all dpi resolutions and multiple languages. Having a file like this deletes all not required languages and dpi resolutions files.

Also in some roms you get folders OSFiles and/or OSModules, MediaOSFiles and/or MediaOSModules, BaseAppsFiles and/orBaseAppsModules.

Those will be the folders with duplicates so you have to delete one of the folders.

To make it easier I have modified the code in my application (ver. 1.6.5 attached to first post) so it works like this:

- If you have in your log file entry to delete for example "OSModules". The application checks if you have "OSModules" in your SYS folder and it will be highlighted in the log list window if it is found in sys folder.

- The application then checks, if you have the other folder "OSFiles" in your SYS folder. If you don't have "OSFiles" in your SYS folder the highlight from "OSModules" will be removed and you won't be able to delete this file. One of them has to be present in your sys folder.

Note: you have to have in the log file an entry for xxFiles or xxModules to delete, otherwise you will be left with duplicates!

SYS.rar

Guest Gary Crutcher
To make it easier I have modified the code in my application (ver. 1.6.5 attached to first post) so it works like this:

- If you have in your log file entry to delete for example "OSModules". The application checks if you have "OSModules" in your SYS folder and it will be highlighted in the log list window if it is found in sys folder.

- The application then checks, if you have the other folder "OSFiles" in your SYS folder. If you don't have "OSFiles" in your SYS folder the highlight from "OSModules" will be removed and you won't be able to delete this file. One of them has to be present in your sys folder.

Note: you have to have in the log file an entry for xxFiles or xxModules to delete, otherwise you will be left with duplicates!

Thanks for the mods.

Guest Devil1978

@wes58: At first i must say respect to you for your tool. Its only my mistake that i can not create a useable ROM. I have tried tonight four times to dreate a ROM. But always the screen of my omnia shows nothing. Only the start animation. I don't now what i make wrong because i only will change the language of a WM6.5.5 ROM from english 0409 to german 0407. I change the folders xxx_LANG_0409 with the xxx_LANG_0407 folders. But i think i must do more. But what?

Edited by Devil1978

Guest Gary Crutcher
@wes58: At first i must say respect to you for your tool. Its only my mistake that i can not create a useable ROM. I have tried tonight four times to dreate a ROM. But always the screen of my omnia shows nothing. Only the start animation. I don't now what i make wrong because i only will change the language of a WM6.5.5 ROM from english 0409 to german 0407.

Have your tried creating a rom without any changes just to see how the tool works and

to make sure you get past the start-up screens?

Do not forget to realloc the modules. I posted something previously about this.

Guest Gary Crutcher
Yes i have read your post.

I can try this in a few hours.

Why must i realloc the modules?

Wes58 could probably explain better than I, but basically, you

need to realloc the modules to ensure they are loaded in the correct address

space in the phone's memory. Failure to do so will cause unexpected results.

Guest GTx-M.M

Hi

I have a suggestion wes can u make an option in Settings tab that let me choice the ROM Folder and when i open the program it switch to the default ROM Folder auto please :D

And thank u

wes58, what is (.dsm) file? is this file important? if yes, how to edit this file?

you haven't to modify the dsm files, they simply contain info on the packet files. If you change the packet files buildos itself change the dsm files according to your new packet folder... :D

wes I want to add spb mobile shell to my personal rom and cause it is an important app (the real interface used) for better performance I think it was better if I convert the packet into modules. Do you think it is possible and if yes this can improve the app performance?

Edited by kibiwi

Hi

I have a suggestion wes can u make an option in Settings tab that let me choice the ROM Folder and when i open the program it switch to the default ROM Folder auto please :D

And thank u

I could do that or I could make so when you start an application it opens on the last used ROM folder. This way you don't have to worry about going to settings ans saving it.

Which one would you prefer?

you haven't to modify the dsm files, they simply contain info on the packet files. If you change the packet files buildos itself change the dsm files according to your new packet folder... :D

wes I want to add spb mobile shell to my personal rom and cause it is an important app (the real interface used) for better performance I think it was better if I convert the packet into modules. Do you think it is possible and if yes this can improve the app performance?

Have you tried to add it to your rom as files first?