[ROM] WM 6.5.5 i8000_23529 Lite ROM (Eng) - Timebomb patched

Guest KSTAN

Guest gverdellen

ROM looks great and I would be ready to flash but before I would like to know if Outlook email is working?

I have tried the ROM from Khuanchai but Outlook 2010 will hang your phone after opening email!

Guest FerdiBorbon

KSTAN, sorry to post it here, but this is the first time i have experienced your custom rom and im really happy with it...

are you able to do a custom 6.1 rom with the latest build... i would love to see what you can do with it... since its still the best rom for speed :)

Thanks

Guest NewForce
yes, u can just flash pda only.

Ok I had flash to your ROM. Thank you very much.

So far only Titanium with clock problem. Applied the titanium fixed and problem rectified.

Other than that, I have not seem other abnormality yet. Will update you again, if there's problem.

Thank you very much again KSTAN.

Hi KSTAN.

Wow! 247MB phone memory available. Your PDA part it's really amazing. Excellent!

My Omnia-2 is with WM6.5 PDA=J9, CSC=J2 and Phone=J1 official ROM.

Can I flash your PDA part here without flashing the EBOOT, CSC and Phone parts?

Hi, NewForce!

My O2 was the same as yours and i pathced with Kstan's 6.5.3.nb0 and secany's csc aj1 and everything was excellent. Now I'm downloading 6.5.5 and i tell you how it going to be. Good luck

KSTAN, is the default WM large indicator disabled in this version?

no, you can disable it as below:

Change UseLargeIndicator to 0 in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\LargeDisplay for large indicator.

Change UseLargeDisplay to 0 in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\LargeDisplay for large display.

KSTAN, sorry to post it here, but this is the first time i have experienced your custom rom and im really happy with it...

are you able to do a custom 6.1 rom with the latest build... i would love to see what you can do with it... since its still the best rom for speed :)

Thanks

hmm, well for this time, i really dun hv any 6.1 dump.... :)

If anyone hv, maybe u could upload it somewhere. :)

can someone tell me that after install titanium fix, sms and music panel are launched SS apps? sms-mms and touch player? because when i install titanium fix, still opening default MS apps, tmail and wmp

Guest Apolousm

Allllright, I'm here again. Kstan, my friend, GREAT ROM. Is better than 6.5.3. I have flashed allmost all ROMS publishe in this page jajajajajajaja, I have had a lot of fun learning about Omnia II's ROMs.

I must say that the must reliable ROM I have found was the Scany's 10 Jan version, but now, I can say that even when this is not an official ROM (6.5.5), Kstan Rom is very VEEEERY good.

Well, I have found some problems, not a big deal really, but people need to know it for fixing it, if it's possible.

Here I go:

1- Phone ring volume. When receiving a call, even when the volume is set on 5, I can't hear the ring for the incoming call.

2- Messenger live. If you open the messenger you can't close it by pressing the "x" button, yo have to press it for a few seconds.

3- Keypad. Samsung keypad is not working as it should be. If you set it to XT9 versión, it is like you've never choose it.

4- Spanish keyboard. Even when I can chose the spanish version for the XT9 keyboard, it is not working as well it should be.

Well as I told you, this bugs are not a big deal to face, just some little aspects to be fixed.

Now I have a question, is it possible to take the XT9 idioms, and "cab" it, I mean to take it out in a cab file? if it were possible, I would like to have Spanish please jejejejejejejejeje

Kstan, bro, you rock... There's a lot of people in this page cooking good ROMs, and we all appreciate your efforts and dedication to improve the Windows Mobile based devices.

Oh, I have another question, Why do people prefer the Samsung Phonebook Skin instead of Windows Mobile pure Conacts link?. For me the windows mobile based contacts link has been better, because I'm able to synchronize my contact list with Windows Live, so I don't have to synchronize my contacts list with the computer, and if I want to change my device I just conect the phone to windows live and boalaaa!!!!! my entire contacts list appears in my phone, just by the touch of a finger.

Sorry for my english. I am from Venezuela. Thanks a lot again.

Change UseLargeIndicator to 0 in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\LargeDisplay for large indicator.

Change UseLargeDisplay to 0 in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\LargeDisplay for large display.

hmm that's odd, I can't seem to get it to appear even though it's enabled.

EDIT: okay, I've solved it by changing UseLargeDisplay to 0.

Edited by zm.

Guest javichampi

Humm, those registry tweaks disable the Samsung Large Indicator, not the WM default. Anyone knows how to disable it? I have a problem with TotalCommander, when I try to push the ".." button the Large Display appears. :)

P.D.: I have the 28205 ROM version installed.

Edited by javichampi

in those screen shot the bottom, is there a way to change it so that it just shows text like in the stock build? i don't want to see a windows logo and then have a X button just text like it is with the stock build.

Humm, those registry tweaks disable the Samsung Large Indicator, not the WM default. Anyone knows how to disable it? I have a problem with TotalCommander, when I try to push the ".." button the Large Display appears. :)

P.D.: I have the 28205 ROM version installed.

I am sure your screen isn't calibrated properly and thus you clicked on the clock instead of the "return to previous folder" ".." button.

Guest NewForce

Ok, after 18hrs of usage here is the problem I've found so far,

1. If there's screen refresh problem, like Standby screen with a horizontal line above lower taskbar, the screen will also go into Backlight off mode,

not matter what settings you used for screen Brightness. A soft reset is require to solve the problem.

post-31662-1264121767_thumb.jpg

2. Battery & Charging icons not able to swap accordingly when plug-in & out the AC adapter.

You'll need to press the Windows/Start button in order for them to display accordingly.

3. In Sound Settings > Ring, press the playback icon for the only "Samsung Tune" ringtone there's no sound.

4. In Clock (Samsung), tried to select Ringtone, WM dialog prompted,

"Ringtone Error This ringtone file is corrupted or unavailable. Please choose a different ringtone"

Then when press OK to continue, press the playback icon for the only Samsung Tune... available,

WM again prompted, "Ringtone Error This ringtone file is corrupted or unavailable. Please choose a different ringtone"

Btw my Omnia-2 is with PDA-JA1/CSC-IJ2/Phone-IJ1

post-31662-1264121779_thumb.jpg

Edited by NewForce

Guest lucienium
Ok, after 18hrs of usage here is the problem I've found so far,

1. If there's screen refresh problem, like Standby screen with a horizontal line above lower taskbar, the screen will also go into Backlight off mode,

not matter what settings you used for screen Brightness. A soft reset is require to solve the problem.

post-31662-1264121767_thumb.jpg

2. Battery & Charging icons not able to swap accordingly when plug-in & out the AC adapter.

You'll need to press the Windows/Start button in order for them to display accordingly.

3. In Sound Settings > Ring, press the playback icon for the only "Samsung Tune" ringtone there's no sound.

4. In Clock (Samsung), tried to select Ringtone, WM dialog prompted,

"Ringtone Error This ringtone file is corrupted or unavailable. Please choose a different ringtone"

Then when press OK to continue, press the playback icon for the only Samsung Tune... available,

WM again prompted, "Ringtone Error This ringtone file is corrupted or unavailable. Please choose a different ringtone"

Btw my Omnia-2 is with PDA-JA1/CSC-IJ2/Phone-IJ1

post-31662-1264121779_thumb.jpg

With regard to ringtones and sound files, I experienced the same problem before.

Apparently they are registered as empty keys in the registry and removal of those keys result in the files being unrecognizable by Samsung's media player. Unfortunately most registry cleaners clean out empty keys by default making them the primary culprit to this problem.

If you're using a registry cleaner, make sure to uncheck the option to search for and delete empty registry keys to prevent this from happening. For now, your only option is to hard-reset your phone.