Connected home

I supose that connected home is DLNA service client and server for our devices, no? So, how to configure it? Could someone explain it please? I tried with windows media player 12 but they don't see each other, and they're on the same LAN.

Thanks you all.

:)

Guest Igor Alpha

It works.

I try with Windows Media Center and with XBMC both on Windows 7.

Just start some content (music, video or photo) play on PC, turn on wi-fi.

After starting Connected Home Windows Media Center or XBMC would be available as content.

Choose OmniaII as player and show will go on...

It works.

I try with Windows Media Center and with XBMC both on Windows 7.

Just start some content (music, video or photo) play on PC, turn on wi-fi.

After starting Connected Home Windows Media Center or XBMC would be available as content.

Choose OmniaII as player and show will go on...

if my computer is conector via ethernet and omnia 2 via wifi but in at the same router, it sould work too, no?

Yes, It does work that way too.

The only extremely annoying thing is, hardly any content will actually play :) . The Connected Home app crashes more than that it actually plays something. There is a short list of what does work and on what devices in other threads link 1, link 2.

Your Omnia II is supposed to be a server/controller/renderer which means that you can share media from your phone, control another machine to play media with your phone and to play media from another machine on your phone.

Edited by XeOS

• 2 months later...
Guest yorkhoh

Is there a separate cab for this program?

I recently upgraded MagiCall from 2.21 to 2.30 and now 2.31. In the process - there was an option to "Keep existing registry settings?" with which I answered "no". After that, I had to re-enter all my call diverts and what not.

Then after all that, I noticed that my "Connected Home" isn't working anymore.

It's been a while since I've used it - but I'm pretty sure that MagiCall upgrade did something to it. Because I haven't been "tweaking" anything on my phone for a long while.

Symptoms:

Connected Home will start.

1. If not connected to WIFI - it will ask if you want to. After clicking "Yes", wifi will connect and then Connected Home crashes and exits.

2. If already connected to WIFI - Connected Home will start. Maybe 2 seconds later - crashes and exits.

Possible Solutions:

1. Last time I had an issue where something didn't work - I flashed my phone to a newer version. What a hassle, especially restoring all my programs and settings and what not.

2. An alternative program?

3. Re-install Connected Home, looking for the cab. It appears a lot of the ROM cookers always remove Connected Home. They seem to hate it.