Help: Wanted to store confidential data

Guest seacoral123

Guest seacoral123

Dear all,

If I have some document but wanted to store in PDA phone. this phone is password lock down. We know that a hardreset by the ''picker'' will wipe out the internal data, but no the 8G (my storage data).

8G is a good place to store because:

1) Large in size to store.

2) Internal storage is very very small in free memory. I already face with memory issue when launch few program together.

3) My external card is only 1 G only. No a bad place to store but also no a secure place.

WM come with encryption on card will be issue after hardreset. Because it is no accessible after hardreset. Does any one have advice and experience to share.

Thank you.

Guest seacoral123

Seem to be no body have experience to deal with.

I only have to go with cook rom which free out more memory for me to put document in secure way.

rgds

Guest b7610_fan

If you use WM encryption... ok big deal, after hard reset you have to put all the original data back.

so.. what's the problem ?

If you don't have the original data on your pc and only on WM ? what are you going to do if you phone is stolen ?

do you need to hard reset your device that often ?

Edited by b7610_fan

• 2 months later...
Guest dimebar
WM come with encryption on card will be issue after hardreset. Because it is no accessible after hardreset. Does any one have advice and experience to share.

Thank you.

FreeOTFE works well. It can create encrypted volumes that you can mount and access from WM PDAs or a PC ( see http://www.freeotfe.org/ ). According to the FAQ the largest volume you can use is 4Gb, and it neds to be formatted as FAT/FAT32 to read on the PDA.

Guest TheGoDxxxx
FreeOTFE works well. It can create encrypted volumes that you can mount and access from WM PDAs or a PC ( see http://www.freeotfe.org/ ). According to the FAQ the largest volume you can use is 4Gb, and it neds to be formatted as FAT/FAT32 to read on the PDA.

Nice find mate. Those this come with a performance penality or is this usable for ehm videos too?

Edited by TheGoDxxxx