New PC Studio Doesnt do ROM upgrade in My Country what about in yours

Guest fifd2005

Guest fifd2005

Hi All,

I have Omnia 2 with original WM6.1 ROM. I want to upgrade official way.

But New PC Studio doesnt do ROM upgrade in Turkey

It gives a message like "this device doesn't support ROM upgrade which I think there is no ROM in samsung servers

But Samsung distributor upgrades in the service center. But they charge approximately 20 $.

In the box of the Omnia to shows it is upgradable to WM6.5 so they shouldnt charge.

Do Samsung sell WM6.5 to the customers. What is situation in other countries.

If they sell, this means Samsung cheated early buyers.

Guest DunKnow

Absolutly free for Singapore models. :) Both ways work, by updating through NPS or going down to Service Center. Service Center update is free of charge. I wonder why your country charges $20 dollars for updating. Something is wierd here, it is suppose to be free.

Guest fifd2005

Its look like Samsung has bad service outside asia.

What about other countries

Please report your experience with New PC Studio

Hopefully Samsung may hear and corrects the situation

Well, they do have updates sometimes here in the Netherlands (1 for sure, to WM6.5), but their software is so extremely crappy that hardly anybody can actually do it.

Example: my phone wouldn't upgrade because I was one of the first to buy it in Holland and thus had another firmware version that PC Studio didn't recognize.

Example 2: Unless you have a PC running XP or Vista 32 bit you won't be able to use their software to upgrade your very expensive phone. It simply doesn't work with Windows 7 or 64 bit systems. This means old, very old drivers. And this is still not fixed :)

Since I only have Windows 7 machines and had this old firmware I couldn't upgrade

But thanks to Secany I now have an Omnia 2 that's actually almost up to par as to what Samsung promised us when buying this phone.

Guest yipeeyiho
Hi All,

It gives a message like "this device doesn't support ROM upgrade which I think there is no ROM in samsung servers

But Samsung distributor upgrades in the service center. But they charge approximately 20 $.

In the box of the Omnia to shows it is upgradable to WM6.5 so they shouldnt charge.

Dont know about others, but I installed PC studio when I first bought the phone, and it cause me no end of grief and frustration such that I quickly dumped it and have had a much more pleasant and hassle free experience working with the phone since.

I fail to see any benefit whatsoever in using this clumsy piece of SW.

Guest silencer22

not sure abt windows 7 64bit

but NPS definately work for win 7 32 bit, at least on my machine

if you intend to upgrade via NPS, do download the 1.4 version from samsungmobile website..

there's a 1.2 version posted on the same webby also...

u hav to dl the 1.4 as nps 1.2 could not update itself to 1.4

Guest mad_a_22

my omnia 2 is made in korea. and sold in my country philippines. i run new pc studio as the instruction says. but it can't detect new ROM. it just say you have the latest version ( something like that). we all know theirs a new verion and thats wm 6.5......

if anyone know something about made in korea omnia and upgraded to 6.5 official way. plssss let me know. or pm me.

Guest fifd2005
not sure abt windows 7 64bit

but NPS definately work for win 7 32 bit, at least on my machine

if you intend to upgrade via NPS, do download the 1.4 version from samsungmobile website..

there's a 1.2 version posted on the same webby also...

u hav to dl the 1.4 as nps 1.2 could not update itself to 1.4

You are right they have several version of New PC Studio in their web site.

Some link points one version, other links points another version.

They just can't update their websites correctly

I had tested to version before

1. New_PC_Studio_1.2.1.IH2_7.exe

2. New_PC_Studio_1.4.0.IK2

Both of them used to give an error message due to a program on my omnia II and I can use those only after hard reset

After I saw your message, I checked all of the links and foud another, newer version, which is New_PC_Studio_1.4.0.IL2

It doesnt give the error message, I can use it without hard reset. But right now it cant connect the server

So I cant check the new rom

Be sure to check all of the links toward NPS to find newer version. Don't count on Messy Samsung Guys

Different route, Same end :)

Edited by fifd2005

Guest asus535

It seems that, Samsung will do a recent, 2010 update, and withdrawn older wm6.5 versions.

I setup Samsung FUS downloader here: http://sephail.net/projects/samsung-fus-downloader/

I hope, if I'll give correct version numbers, that program will query, find, download and decrypt new updates also for i8000.

Programmer stated that:

Below are some known-to-work combinations for the GT-i7500 (Galaxy) that have recently provided current firmware versions. Please feel free to e-mail me other combinations that you find work, even if they aren't for the GT-i7500 (Galaxy), and I will update this page accordingly. This will likely only work with phones that utilize the NPSMitsBinaryUpgrade updater.
Edited by asus535

• 6 months later...
Guest wisamk
Hi All,

Hello friend, Here in the UAE (Dubai) the good fellows at Samsung upgraded my ROM to WM 6.5 Professional in one day FREE OF CHARGE.

• 8 months later...
Guest tomfoolary
No good here in Australia.

Though, I did update mine through Samsung Kies after NPS failed to help me. Perhaps you should give that a try.

I just figured out why the Australia update won't work, its because there is a bug with the 'country select' part of the install. I've tried reinstalling but everytime i select 'australia' in the drop down menu, once the program is installed it thinks i have entered 'austria'. This can be checked on NPC in menu -> setting -> country. Ive emailed them the problem....has anyone else experienced this? Or figured out a solution...i hope im totally wrong but ive checked it numerous times

• 3 weeks later...
Guest urkopi
Hi All,

+1

The same here, in Spain! We can update an O2 with NPS (1.2 and 1.4)

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Stinger346
I just figured out why the Australia update won't work, its because there is a bug with the 'country select' part of the install. I've tried reinstalling but everytime i select 'australia' in the drop down menu, once the program is installed it thinks i have entered 'austria'. This can be checked on NPC in menu -> setting -> country. Ive emailed them the problem....has anyone else experienced this? Or figured out a solution...i hope im totally wrong but ive checked it numerous times

Hey mate, Ifound the same problem with country as you, says austria when I put in Australia...I tried ( thinking it was a glitch) putting in Austria hoping it would show Australia but no go. So fed up with samsung ( a great pile of support) I have talked to so called customer care/service ppl they simply say send it to a service centre, which I am not going to do.

Guest Stinger346
No good here in Australia.

Though, I did update mine through Samsung Kies after NPS failed to help me. Perhaps you should give that a try.

Hey mate I couldnt even get kies to recognise my phone. Says device not supported. I am running Vista Home. Are you Using windows 7? My stepson has 7 on his laptop which I tried NPS on. Havent tried kies on windows 7.

Samsung and telstra both tell me to call the other and they have nothing to do with it. A so called Samsung Customer service/care rep even told me to call microsoft. What a joke!! totally over all the BS...............

Ok tried on windows 7 still no go. Gonna just buy an iphone and TRY to sell this crap omnia icon, ( my ipod Touch is better)

Edited by Stinger346